Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyc

In Support Of Kogan

Better buy up folks, Kogan needs the cash to go into space :lol:

That's the only way he can run away from the thousands of Aussies that he's cheated over the years.

lets hope the spaceship is a built a bit better than his kogans :lol:
That's the only way he can run away from the thousands of Aussies that he's cheated over the years.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers

Guest EZYHD

Wonder what Branson will make of him?.

One can only hope its a one way ticket.......

How about upgrading Kogan to the space shuttle ? Two of them have blown up already and the other two are losing parts all the time. It's likely that we'll never see him again.

Ummm...I changed my mind about the brand that I bought...so the post I wrote is now irrelevant...

Just to let you know, I ended up buying TV's from "Tyagi"...They do the job well enough, and after setting the colours, are pretty good with blacks. Tyagi is doing what Kogan does, direct import...only they use LG screens rather than samsung that Kogan uses...Their fresight charges are about half of Kogans, and I bought 2 37" 1080p, 120hz refresh rate, 5 ms refresh, HD ready units for under $1100 delivered. They also have the standard 12 month warranty. Kogans main selling point was "price, price, price"...These units are "cheaper", and equal quality, so are better value....In the long run though...Well, you better ask me in ten years if they are still working...

...In the long run though...Well, you better ask me in ten years weeks if they are still working...

I corrected your post.

$1100 for a no name 37" LCD is insane.

He got two for a combined above price.

I think Dreegle bought 2 for $1100. If that's the case, it is a really low price but would it be worthwhile in the long run ?

wtf...120hz, will that even run here.....110v?

If 120Hz isn't supposed to work in Australia, then would it fair to assume that the Tyagi TVs don't even have this feature ? Is it just a bluff ?

What does that “feature” achieve assuming it even exists, and how would you know anyway.

Manufacturer’s specs mean VERY little and are usually totally inaccurate.

What does that “feature” achieve assuming it even exists, and how would you know anyway.

Manufacturer’s specs mean VERY little and are usually totally inaccurate.

120hz is also a refresh rate, standard dtv operates at 50 hz, high end xbox games operate at 60 hz...it is probably a useless thing, but then what is the point of having the bravias 1.06 billion colours?

Yes, it was 2 tellies for less than $1100 (one was $471, one was $480...+ $69 freight through TNT each)

If it is 10 weeks before they die, they come with a year in home warranty, so if they do stuff up, I hope it is in the first year :D

I have a 200/240Hz Samsung LCD that looks much the same when it is running at 50/60 Hz.

How can you prove the set is running at 120Hz other than what they tell you, its not going to look much if any different either way so how the hell would you know?

120hz is also a refresh rate, standard dtv operates at 50 hz, high end xbox games operate at 60 hz...it is probably a useless thing, but then what is the point of having the bravias 1.06 billion colours?

Yes, it was 2 tellies for less than $1100 (one was $471, one was $480...+ $69 freight through TNT each)

If it is 10 weeks before they die, they come with a year in home warranty, so if they do stuff up, I hope it is in the first year :D

the only 37" I see on his website is $829+delivery EACH the 120hz

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-1080p37...d-lcd-tv-1080p/

Edited by ger

the reason i said that is ntsc, american tvs run at 60hz where as we run at 50hz so i just thought it was a bit weird..

Just to let you know, I ended up buying TV's from "Tyagi"...They do the job well enough, and after setting the colours, are pretty good with blacks. Tyagi is doing what Kogan does, direct import...only they use LG screens rather than samsung that Kogan uses...Their fresight charges are about half of Kogans, and I bought 2 37" 1080p, 120hz refresh rate, 5 ms refresh, HD ready units for under $1100 delivered. They also have the standard 12 month warranty. Kogans main selling point was "price, price, price"...These units are "cheaper", and equal quality, so are better value....In the long run though...Well, you better ask me in ten years if they are still working...

The 37" mentioned on Tyagi's website says under specifications that the max refresh rate is 85Hz (from a PC input), so I would gather it would be a 50/60Hz set for general TV usage. The 100/120Hz feature is on the 42" the specs of which are here.

For cheapies not a bad price though if you got 2 for $1100.

JSmith :ninja:

Generally 120Hz models also display 50Hz signals @ 100Hz.

JSmith :ninja:

I wont buy a tv under 1.01 billion colors......thats what sold me on my new sony ;)

Kogan announced a couple of LED LCD TVs recently - very slim - look quite nice, I wonder how well they'll perform.

If someone really wants to buy these sorts of items, the Hisense LED TV would work out for around the same price as the Kogan (after you add on Kogan's delivery costs + 2 year extended warranty).

Kogan's delivery date is after 2 months, so I expect the Hisense to be lower than that price level by mid-March.