Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyc

In Support Of Kogan

If you've seen some of his performances on Sunrise, you'll want to puke.

He's a middle-aged man in a Hawaiian shirt (kinda like a pimp/drug dealer that hangs around strip clubs) parroting the specifications of TV, PCs etc but with a dramatic voice, while the egghead Kochie and desperate housewife Mel look on with utter devotion, like they're watching the birth of Jesus.

lol...I love how an embarrassingly high number of his demos fail to work or show what he's trying to spruke. Almost as if the technology is so bleeding edge he hasn't had the time to get familiar with it before filming.

lol...I love how an embarrassingly high number of his demos fail to work or show what he's trying to spruke. Almost as if the technology is so bleeding edge he hasn't had the time to get familiar with it before filming.

Just imagine what would happen if the Gadget Guy had taken up an alternate profession, like the Hardware Honcho. We would have seen him being castrated by a chainsaw or impaled on a pole.

I read Densor's linked article and now Kogan claims he uses a panel from LG, a tuner from Samsung and anything else that he can find. The "engineers" put it in as per his specifications. Is that junkyard manufacturing or what ?

Just imagine what would happen if the Gadget Guy had taken up an alternate profession, like the Hardware Honcho. We would have seen him being castrated by a chainsaw or impaled on a pole.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's the funniest thing I've read for a while!!

That's the funniest thing I've read for a while!!

The "gadget guy" term is over-abused IMO. There's a fella at my workplace who styles himself as the "gadget guy" - doesn't know much but can repeat the Internet reviews like the most expensive of parrots. He never dares to contribute to any online forum and withholds information from people. Nasty.

But there is one thing that is funnier than Pete Blasina impaling himself on a pole. These lines quoted from Kogan's latest newspaper appearance (as stated by Densor above) -

Kogan said his secret was a lack of overheads because he ordered his products directly from the factories in China, which built the gadgets exactly to his specifications.

The business is entirely online-based and Kogan has shunned retailers in favour of a direct-to-consumer model, enabling him to offer lower prices than other manufacturers.

The streamlined model has also allowed Kogan to bring products to market more quickly - he claims he was the first in Australia to sell digital photo frames about three years ago.

Kogan said he had 10 employees, including five who worked full-time, and all warehousing was outsourced. He hires university students to provide around-the-clock support from their computers at home.

Kogan, who recently expanded to New Zealand and is planning to move into Britain and the US, rejected suggestions that his low prices - $1449 for a 42-inch LCD TV with high definition tuner - meant his products contained cheap, low quality parts.

Reviewers have praised his products for their low prices but some have said that picture quality is not as good as in some of the bigger brands, which have teams of engineers tweaking and tuning the products for optimal performance.

But he counters that his products are not all about price and that quality is still a consideration. He tries to strike a balance between price and quality.

"Our 42-inch [LCD TV] range uses an LG panel, it's got a Samsung tuner board in it - whatever the best value-for-money solution in that size is, I'll have the factory make that up."

He only has 5 employees. I'd love to call his "customer support" line. His operation looks even more like the new SBS show "Swift and Shift Couriers" (Mondays 8:30 pm).

Hello,

I recently received three LCD TVs from Kogan Technologies (2x 1080p-42, 1x 1080p-32). As we are a not-for-profit organisation, they were kind enough to offer us a significant discount on their prices, for which we are extremely grateful.

The TVs were delivered earlier than expected which was a pleasant surprise. They were packed well. Communication was fast and I even asked a question on their live support chat-box which was answered immediately.

I am very impressed with both the picture and sound quality. We will be using them for laboratory pathology tests, so picture quality is very important.

The aesthetic design of the television is great and the remote is responsive.

After reading these forums, initially I was a bit concerned with some other people’s posts; however I am very glad that I proceeded to purchase these TVs. My experience with Kogan has been exceptionally positive.

Regards,

Steve Bunce

Business Manager

National Institute of Integrative Medicine

Hello,

I recently received three LCD TVs from Kogan Technologies (2x 1080p-42, 1x 1080p-32). As we are a not-for-profit organisation, they were kind enough to offer us a significant discount on their prices, for which we are extremely grateful.

The TVs were delivered earlier than expected which was a pleasant surprise. They were packed well. Communication was fast and I even asked a question on their live support chat-box which was answered immediately.

I am very impressed with both the picture and sound quality. We will be using them for laboratory pathology tests, so picture quality is very important.

After reading these forums, initially I was a bit concerned with some other people’s posts; however I am very glad that I proceeded to purchase these TVs. My experience with Kogan has been exceptionally positive.

Regards,

Steve Bunce

Business Manager

I somewhat agree with you Steve, I think the picture and sound are fine but there Support Team is a joke, I had a problem with my brand new 22" LCD where pixels are stuck on green. Kogan had Toll ipex pick it up, did not give me a consignment #, did not tell who and when it was to be picked up, so they didn't pick it up. I arranged to have it picked up again the next day. Waited a week for Kogan to send an email stating that they have arranged for Toll ipex to deliver my tv and said Toll ipex would contact me with arrangement times, this never occured. I rang Toll ipex and explained my dilemma, they said they would find out what has happened to my tv, rang me back in 10 minutes and said Kogan had sent them the wrong consignment # and address and that it would be sent the next day, Toll ipex were very good and very helpful, great people. Received my tv today, all new in a box, connected it all up, but the power supply does not work so tv does not work. Now, Kogan has online support, so I went online for some support, told them what the problem was , they said the power supply seems to be faulty and needs to be replaced, then they said email the support center and tell them your problem, Hello, what am I doing online? who did I just speak to? why have a support online if you don't get any support. Did you know that it takes them 12 to 24 hours to respond to your email, yes every time you send an email to the support team, that's the waiting time for there response, and that's why people should be concerned.

Regards Quinny

My 40" LCD I bought near two years ago is still working 'as new' and I'm yet to find a panel that has such a true/sharp picture for HD TV viewing thru an HTPC (the panel only has analogue TV tuner), its PQ on par or even better than my 1080p Panasonic 50PZ80 for viewing TV

Hello, what am I doing online? who did I just speak to? why have a support online if you don't get any support. Did you know that it takes them 12 to 24 hours to respond to your email, yes every time you send an email to the support team, that's the waiting time for there response, and that's why people should be concerned.

Kogan hires overseas students to handle "tech support" from their homes. They cannot send an e-mail because they do not have to power to make any decisions. Repairs are outsourced to third-party suppliers (i.e sellers of extended warranties). The so-called "Aussie manufacturer" does not provide even a single day's warranty.

My 40" LCD I bought near two years ago is still working 'as new' and I'm yet to find a panel that has such a true/sharp picture for HD TV viewing thru an HTPC (the panel only has analogue TV tuner), its PQ on par or even better than my 1080p Panasonic 50PZ80 for viewing TV

That's true. My 46" LCD I bought 1 1/2 years ago is still working 'as new' and I'm yet to find a panel that has such a sharp picture etc etc etc

You're obviously not talking about a Kogan and neither am I !

Are you sure you are not a troll working for Kogan enterprises?

That's true. My 46" LCD I bought 1 1/2 years ago is still working 'as new' and I'm yet to find a panel that has such a sharp picture etc etc etc

You're obviously not talking about a Kogan and neither am I !

Why would you say that in a thread about Kogan, you should check out all the problems Samsung /Pana and LG panels have and some of the horror stories re tech help (some ppl are just too dumb to get any help from techs :rolleyes: ) and warranty problems

Oh and regarding Pana, LG, Samsung etc etc warranty work who the frack do you think actually does the warranty repairs..........exactly the same company that sevice Kogan's stuff :lol:

Why would you say that in a thread about Kogan, you should check out all the problems Samsung /Pana and LG panels have and some of the horror stories re tech help (some ppl are just too dumb to get any help from techs :rolleyes: ) and warranty problems

Oh and regarding Pana, LG, Samsung etc etc warranty work who the frack do you think actually does the warranty repairs..........exactly the same company that sevice Kogan's stuff :lol:

It's true that some people are too dumb. Why else do you think someone would be dumb enough to be spruiking a Kogan on this forum ? Ruslan's name is mud on the Internet (including DTV Forum and Whirlpool).

As for the "frack" who does warranty repairs for Pana/LG/Samsung, the manufacturer is liable to repair the item as long as the product is under their own warranty. Consumers who purchase "extended warranties" get service from people like United Electrical AFTER the manufacturer's warranty expires. Kogan does not provide a warranty and the whole process is outsourced from day one to a third-party supplier.

Goosagichy12345,

This thread is like a video-game monster that arises even after it's believed to be dead.

It's true that some people are too dumb. Why else do you think someone would be dumb enough to be spruiking a Kogan on this forum ? Ruslan's name is mud on the Internet (including DTV Forum and Whirlpool).

As for the "frack" who does warranty repairs for Pana/LG/Samsung, the manufacturer is liable to repair the item as long as the product is under their own warranty. Consumers who purchase "extended warranties" get service from people like United Electrical AFTER the manufacturer's warranty expires. Kogan does not provide a warranty and the whole process is outsourced from day one to a third-party supplier.

Arghhh the innocence/ (stupidity :lol: ) of youth, its thanks to such similar posts that we have brand snobbery ............anyone want to **** about NV < ATI :rolleyes:

Arghhh the innocence/ (stupidity :lol: ) of youth, its thanks to such similar posts that we have brand snobbery ............anyone want to **** about NV < ATI :rolleyes:

Why does this make me think of someone I know ?

Lives in Perth - check

Fights for no-name brands - check

Calls us stupid and brand snobs - check

Hello,

Regards,

Steve Bunce

Business Manager

Wow you cant get a better review than that. Eat your heart out Peter Blasina.

Edited by wozz

Why does this make me think of someone I know ?

Lives in Perth - check

Fights for no-name brands - check

Calls us stupid and brand snobs - check

You mean the Triffids are on the march again.

Guest EZYHD

After seeing so many negative threads on Kogan don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon.

Goosagichy12345,

This thread is like a video-game monster that arises even after it's believed to be dead.

being a gamer I know a strategy that can be uses stop this thread from being a life on its own. Its not in the spirit of this forum to mention it.

Very interesting that a couple of posts were wiped of the planet,with no reason,and no explanation.

Maybe that's the way things are going in a democratic country.

Lets see if this one survives.

The government's "Chinese Wall" Internet filter is on its way. Looks like this is just a preview of what's to come.

Kogan gets canned by the ACCC

My friends bought a Kogan TV and a few days after they had it at their home it caught fire and almost caused a major house fire. They had to have the dept of consumer affairs and then their lawyer intervene to get their money back from Kogan and their lounge room carpet and curtains were replaced by the insurance company.

I really feel for them. I had my ceiling colapse on my a month ago. insurance didn't cover it and the builder got out of their responsibility by saying the house has just come out of its warrenty period and it was cused by loose fill insulation increasing its weight to over 2kg/m2. :(

(sorry for going off topic) :mellow:

Edited by goosagichy2135

Ok...In about three days I am going to be buying 2 lcd tv's. One of which is going to be a Kogan 37" for two reasons 1) It fits the hole in my entertainment unit and 2)It is the only 37" 1080p hd set I have found under $900 ( http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-1080p37...d-lcd-tv-1080p/ ). As price is the major factor to me at the moment, and Kogan is still in business 2 years after the initial posts on this forum, there is a likelihood that the second TV will be from them as well... However, in the past 3 months I have been shopping around, researching and studying displayed lcd tvs...I won't know how the quality will compare with the Kogan, as I won't know what it does until I get it. Trust me, if it is crap, I will be pissed off enough to be honest here. I would like to point out, I won't be expecting the 30,000:1 contrast ratio of the Bravia (or the 8ms response time), nor will I be expecting the wireless LAN connectivity of the Samsung series 4/5/6, for internet tv. Once I get the set, I will give as much of an objective response as possible. I have a variety of HD, SD and analogue components to test for functionality, one of which is an xbox 360 (the game I intend to use is called "The Darkness", that should test the blacks out quite well)...Hopefully it will help sort this Kogan mess out once and for all.

B)

Ummm...I changed my mind about the brand that I bought...so the post I wrote is now irrelevant...