No idea if this is the right place for this post...

I have been keeping my cds in a Deco sideboard, but am now running out of space. I've found a few decent racks in the states but none of the them ship to AU. Other than the usual Harvey Normal, or Ikea guff, where can I look??

Thx.

Post a link to the US ones you like and it might give people some ideas - also, how much are you prepared to spend?

I was thinking about something wall mounted, and figured one of these Omni racks might be ok;

hubel-omni-double-bl.gif

It will will hold over a 1000 CD's. They are all metal, only protrude ~16cm off the wall, are modular, and in satin black, reasonably discrete.

I have looked at a few timber racks, but they are either very Homes & Garden / Country Kitchen, or have no design effort in them at all. If CD's were about in the height of Bauhaus, I am sure I'd be able to find just what I want.

Cost wise, given they are currently sorted in a 1925 French Art Deco Walnut sideboard, I don't really care!

Edited by zipstartcanoe

Unless you need to store your CDs in the same room as your gear (I'm assuming here that they currently are?), you could think of cosmetically better solutions. For example, I store my CDs in Ikea bookshelves in the study. The shelves are robust, suit the room and aren't expensive. :cool:

A fellow audiophile friend does something similar, but has a slightly different storage arrangement.

Cheers,

Alan R.

try the Rolls royce of furniture quality CD racks at Wilkins & Kent in Melbourne. You can view it on-line at their website - great design, sturdy, local timbers, hand made.

They are so good, I have 2:)

Love these CD racks if I was in Melb. I would purchase these. My solution was a custom made CD Rack using Tasmanian Oak accommodating around 1200 CD's 2400 long by 1000 high.