Sign in to follow this  
PanaSung

Panasonic 32in Lcd....the Best In The World.

tell me about it, I'm exactly the same. Sometimes I envy these people who know nothing about TV's and just go into the store and pick one on the spot!! I've spent hours and hours and hours researching and reading reviews, but it only makes it harder. I was 99% decided on this set until recently I read a review stating it had average black levels (they did say everything else about it was fantastic though).

The only other option is the Sony D3100, though that means waiting another couples of months and probably forking out atleast another $400.

Had I not read that review I probably would have been none the wiser, so I'm starting to think too much information isnt really a good thing.

Do you have a link to that review Brett? That's the first I've heard about 'average' black levels...Compared to what? A Panasonic plasma? Well that's expected, it's still the best 32 Inch LCD out there.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TX32LX...ure-Quality.php

It's a review of the LXD70 (though the only difference between the 70 and 700 is upgraded sound, an extra HDMI input, SD Card Reader and a different design. The panel is exactly the same)

It's the most indepth and technical review I've read. Though I get the feeling these guys are really really critical. I still think I'm going to end up getting this set. I just dont think I can justify spending over 2k for the Sony.

Edited by brett174

Yeah, I read that review also but didn't think it was too bad. You just can't expect to get Plasma black levels on a LCD. Plasma are always going to be ahead in that area. I am still a firm believer that the 700a is THE BEST 32inch LCD TV on the market today. I will be getting mine on Friday. :D

I will also post a review after a bit of use...

great, I'm really looking forward to your review

I'm off to Japan next week, assuming I dont spend too much there, I should be purchasing it when I get home.

It's the most indepth and technical review I've read. Though I get the feeling these guys are really really critical. I still think I'm going to end up getting this set. I just dont think I can justify spending over 2k for the Sony.

I enjoy the reviews, as they contain the possible shortcomings for a particular model. But as with a car purchase, you need to test out the real item.

I actually picked three contenders plus the 700A, and then arranged my own in-store test with these side-by-side. See my post at http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...st&p=743720

It's important to know the things you value most, as no single set is likely to be the best at everything, at least not for 'Consumer' prices.

We're fortunate to have so many choices. Good luck with your purchase.

alright did some real bargaining today and the best price i could get in adelaide was $1740 from good guys or myers, HN and Radio rentals would'nt match this let alone beat it so think that is gonna be the price for me

Just wondering if you guys think this would work:

Could you connect a DVD player through HDMI to this TV and then use the Optical Digital Output from the TV into a surround sound system?

My DVD player only has digital coax output while my receiver only has optical inputs, so im trying to work out if this is possible.

Edited by brett174

Could you connect a DVD player through HDMI to this TV and then use the Optical Digital Output from the TV into a surround sound system?

My DVD player only has digital coax output while my receiver only has optical inputs, so im trying to work out if this is possible.

Not really an answer to your question but if you can't you can get Optical/Coax converters from Jaycar($39.95).

go to www.Jaycar.com.au and search for either AA1720 or AA1722 depending which way

I don't think that will work mate. I'm pretty sure the Optical Out on the TV is just for the TV's tuner.

By the way...I got the day off work tomorrow so I will now be picking up my TV a day earlier! Woohoo! :D

Bought one today and have it set up in my bedroom. got it from HN for $1700.....no-one that i could find in adelaide would go below $1700. First impressions are spectacular. This is definately the best 32 inch LCD that i have ever seen set-up in a house, it looks amazing, incredibly easy to set-up and PQ is just awsome. Still not quite as crisp as my plasma but it has it beat for image depth imo. Will post more impressions once i connect up a dvd player etc.

Will post more impressions once i connect up a dvd player etc.

Please offer comparison with your plasma, including gradient detail in dark picture areas, and picture quality when displaying various SD material. Thanks!

Edited by tech2002

$1750 Today from Myer Miranda Fair (Sydney)

Probably could have pushed for $1700 but I was happy enough to get similar to the other Myer buyers.

While the assistant was out checking with the supervisor to get the best price, I sold another one to the guy standing next to me - a good morning for the sales guy. ;)

Thanks everyone for the reccomendations and buying advice. I really, really like it (I had a 15-year-old 51cm 4:3 so you can imagine the difference).

Using with a Topfield 5000, a cruddy DVD Player (have to fix that), iPod Video and a Mac.

Rockyroad

I was originally looking at the pana 26inch but after some research this is now at the top of the list! Im glad to read that it looks pretty good with the xbox 360 as I will be using it a fair bit with it. Someone posted on here they got it from myer in chadstone which is very handy as I didnt think that myer had an electronics section. Good news as I live around a 1min away :)

Will definetly be going on the weekend to check it out. Max I will be looking to spend is $1700. Will see how i go hehe.

Another basic question but I can't seem to find it on the marketing material, what is the resolution of this TV?

720p, 1080i or something else?

Cheers

it does everything up to 1080i. I heard it can display 1080p somehow but dont have the TV so not sure on that one :)

Just a quick question for those that are running a xbox 360 on the 700A. Regarding the VGA input on the tv is it a good quality one?

Hey guys,

Thought I would let you know that the Pana LCD's have just had a price drop for floor price in retail land. Here are the details

26" 70A - $1399

32" 70A - $1599

32" 700A - $1799

These should be the ticketed prices now in the coming days, so you should get even better...

Brazzwald

i think more realistic would be

700a 32in $1699

70a 32in $1399

70a 26in $999

thanks for that brazz. So with that ticketed price drop I wonder how much off I will be able to get now? :)

It's a review of the LXD70 (though the only difference between the 70 and 700 is upgraded sound, an extra HDMI input, SD Card Reader and a different design. The panel is exactly the same)

this has already been covered but there is more difference than this it actually has a more advanced engine featuring 'motion picture pro'(100hz), 'intelligent scene controller', '3D colour management', and 'sub pixel control' as well as a different speakers system, SRS TruSurround XT, digital audio amplification, an SDHC memory card slot, a 20 degres swivel and a capability for 1080P

Just got home from The Good Guys and just finished setting up my brand new TX-32LXD700A.

I walked in about 30 seconds before they shut and said "I want this and I want it now. Can you do it for less than $1,649?" and they said "We can do it for $1,640."

DEAL! :D

So there you go $1,640 oh and by the way, I paid for it with a credit card. ;)

Expect some detailed comments this weekend after I have had a play. I have tomorrow off work too!

Just to answer some questions...

1) The native resolution is 1366 x 768.

2) The TV can accept a 1080p source but obviously only displays it at its native resolution.

3) I will try a Xbox 360 via VGA this weekend and it should provide excellent results. There are actually more picture controls on the TV for the VGA input.

nice work! $1640 is the new benchmark :)

Did you get an extended warranty?

nice work! $1640 is the new benchmark :)

Did you get an extended warranty?

Nope. I don't believe in them. ;)

If the RRP drop is true, you should be able to get them for even less now.

this has already been covered but there is more difference than this it actually has a more advanced engine featuring 'motion picture pro'(100hz), 'intelligent scene controller', '3D colour management', and 'sub pixel control' as well as a different speakers system, SRS TruSurround XT, digital audio amplification, an SDHC memory card slot, a 20 degres swivel and a capability for 1080P

I've also read in the Panasonic comparison sheet that the 700A has a 6ms response time vs 8ms for the LXD70, and also has a contrast ratio of 8500:1 vs 7000:1 for the LXD70.

Still, people who own the LXD70 find the picture quality is extremely good, and compares very closely with the 700A.

I'm still amazed at the clarity of my 700A, with scenes often looking like photos. It also has stellar output from my PC via the VGA hookup - and running software as well watching movies from my hard drive are superb.

Edited by tech2002

I've just heard from my dad that my grandma's hand-me-down 20 year old 51cm Toshiba has packed it in, so the time has come to get a new TV. My grandma is not keen on 'big' TVs so dad has been pondering a Conia 22" with integrated tuner. The mere thought of Conia (EDIT which will doubtlessly be a warmed over computer monitor at that size) sends shivers down my spine, but a 26" may be 'too big'.

So, has the 26" form factor been reduced on the new model (the old model had a fugly thick bezel)?

And of course, (the obligatory) what sort of prices have people been getting for the 26" model in recent days?

Edited by surroundfan