Sign in to follow this  
PanaSung

Panasonic 32in Lcd....the Best In The World.

Regarding the Panasonic 700a – I want to use my old Pioneer DVR-530H HDD recorder with it.

I want to avoid using the internal analogue tuner on the pioneer - all I want to do is record what I am watching – very simple stuff I thought! I have previously used the RCA Input AV#1 on the HDD recorder, to record from various sources such as VCR’s, Camera etc before with no problems.

This is what I did :

(I tried to keep as simple as possible just using RCA only and avoiding Component Video Cables etc):

1. Ariel into TV.

2. TV RCA Monitor Output <-> HDD RCA Input AV#1

3. TV RCA Input AV1 <-> HDD RCA Output AV#1 (also tried AV2,etc)

4. Put TV onto AV1.

5. Put HDD onto AV1.

Then I get a black screen. Is this right – have I totally messed up? Ive read through whole manual although there are some pictures that show what I want to do - but no clear instructions and anyway, its doesn’t work for me. :wacko:

Cheers

Vauxhall.

It seems as though you have the cables correctly installed to be able to

1) record from monitor out on the TV to your DVD recorder, using the TV's tuner

2) watch DVD's from the HDD DVD recorder on the TV.

However, if you set both units to AV1, you will:

1) be able to watch a DVD

2) not be able to record or watch TV, as you have told the TV to look for an external source

So, in order to watch and record TV, use the normal channel buttons on the TV to select what station (assuming you have tuned in your channels - most TV's have auto tune built in), but have the DVD recorder set to AV1.

And to watch something from the DVD player, switch the TV channel to AV1 (the channel on the DVD recorder does not matter).

Because you have only got the RF cable running into the TV (and not the DVD recorder), you will not be able to use the internal tuner in the DVD recorder. But this is correct for how you are wanting to configure things, and until the DVD recorders come out with in built HD tuners, is the way to go.

BUT! I had heard of people a while ago saying that the monitor out on TV's that have in built HD tuners does not necessarily work in HD (or indeed even in SD) digital mode, only in analogue. What does the manual say? Anyone that owns one of these sets know if the monitor out allows for throughput of HD signals? This is of particular interest to me in helping to decide in built HD tuner (ie Panasonic 700A LCD) versus external HD tuner and LCD without digital tuner built in (Sony V300).

Also, I'm happy to be corrected on any of the above, as I've been out of the game for a fair while now.

What does the manual say? Anyone that owns one of these sets know if the monitor out allows for throughput of HD signals? This is of particular interest to me in helping to decide in built HD tuner (ie Panasonic 700A LCD) versus external HD tuner and LCD without digital tuner built in (Sony V300).

For HD reception, an external HD tuner will often provide better reception, and also receive HD channels (including future ones) that may not be included in a TV's in-built HD tuner.

I think it's a nice bonus to have an in-built HD tuner, but I see it as an added convenience. Satellite and other sources of HD programmes will likely not be able to be received by in-built tuners. The more HD material by whatever means, the better :)

I would also love to see receipts for the $1649 and $1700 sales...They would help me quite a bit in the coming weeks.

PM me if you can.

Thankyou operator, kiwigene and especially BALD EAGLE for the added explainations. I feel very stupid now. :wacko: I cant believe why I set the TV to AV1 when I wanted to record. :blink:

Later tonight finally hooked up my very old fat PS2 via RCA to TV, jeeze, jaggy interlace city - some small text was too fuzzy to read! So now I have also plugged that into the HDD recorder (which is progressive) and playing via that cuz it cleans up a fair amount of jaggyness - but obviously not all. Plus - playing divx movies off USB sticks in the PS2 look abit better too.

Regarding throughput of HD signals, the manual is pretty basic and crap so doesn't really go into detail about much. All I know is monitor output from internal tuner is ONLY possible via one RCA port, or, if i am following manual correctly via Veria Link ONLY to Panasonic devices.

I would also love to see receipts for the $1649 and $1700 sales...They would help me quite a bit in the coming weeks.

PM me if you can.

Id really appreciate a copy as well - Ive got an eye on this model and will be hunting one down.

Im new to these forums - but how often do people scan/distribute their receipts?

Cheers,

KonMan

i haven't read the manual but if this tv moniter out outputs digital HD then i would be very suprised as i have not seen any other model TV that does that, even if it does you will only be recording in in sd anyway.

Havent been here for a while, so didnt see the prices.

Got one fro $1750 without any of the usual haggling from Myer in Dubbo.

Just went i and asked if theyd match the $1750 there selling them for in Sydney, salesman checked their book and said yep - it was too eaasy, so Id say $1650-1700 wouldnt be too hard.

Has anyone else noticed sound breakup when watching Ch10 HighDef on the 700a, only briefly on shots where there is alot of black on the screen. For example Ten Logo with black background or Myer logo advert etc. I noticed on another topic, there seems to be other people having the same problem but with different panasonic models.

Edited by vauxhall

Anybody got what they think are some good settings to use on this TV?

I'm mainly interested in settings for running an Xbox360, I think what I'm using at the moment is ok, but it maybe could be better!

Just thought I'd give this a little bump. Has anyone recently purchased this set and would care to write a mini review. Other than a couple of English sites, I haven't been able to find any reviews on this (Someone needs to setup a good Australian site, other than CNET that is!)

Looking to purchase a screen shortly and this is at the top of my list.

Just thought I'd give this a little bump. Has anyone recently purchased this set and would care to write a mini review. Other than a couple of English sites, I haven't been able to find any reviews on this (Someone needs to setup a good Australian site, other than CNET that is!)

Looking to purchase a screen shortly and this is at the top of my list.

Piccies would be good too, especially football (any kind).. ;)

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I love this site!

I had a 32" LCD TV on my wishlist for a couple of months now and I've been cruising the stores and the web looking at the alternatives. I did have a price range of $1500 - $1700 initially and thought the Panasonic D70A was a worthy choice.

But wait a minute......

Thanks to the negotiating efforts of those on this forum, I re-evaluated the D700A (IMHO a better unit) and sent my chief negotiator (AKA my lovely wife, she has a knack) out on a mission to bring back that TV. She was armed with a simple Post-it note that said:

"Panasonic Viera

TX-32LXD700A

32" LCD HDTV

$1750

Myer Chatswood &

Myer Dubbo"

My wife presented this to the saleswoman at our nearest Myer who went away to check. When she came back she said ...... "Do you want us to match this price or beat it?"

"Beat it please"

Away she goes and comes back with ...... "$1650 and there is one in stock"

"Done"

So a big thanks to all those on this forum and to my lovely wife who brought home one hell of a get well soon present (just the flu)!

Oh, where is my nearest Myer located? .... I'm in Perth WA, the particular Myer was at Karrinyup.

Thanks again, DannyP

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I love this site!

I had a 32" LCD TV on my wishlist for a couple of months now and I've been cruising the stores and the web looking at the alternatives. I did have a price range of $1500 - $1700 initially and thought the Panasonic D70A was a worthy choice.

But wait a minute......

Thanks to the negotiating efforts of those on this forum, I re-evaluated the D700A (IMHO a better unit) and sent my chief negotiator (AKA my lovely wife, she has a knack) out on a mission to bring back that TV. She was armed with a simple Post-it note that said:

"Panasonic Viera

TX-32LXD700A

32" LCD HDTV

$1750

Myer Chatswood &

Myer Dubbo"

My wife presented this to the saleswoman at our nearest Myer who went away to check. When she came back she said ...... "Do you want us to match this price or beat it?"

"Beat it please"

Away she goes and comes back with ...... "$1650 and there is one in stock"

"Done"

So a big thanks to all those on this forum and to my lovely wife who brought home one hell of a get well soon present (just the flu)!

Oh, where is my nearest Myer located? .... I'm in Perth WA, the particular Myer was at Karrinyup.

Thanks again, DannyP

wow....so Karrinyup can do it for $1,650....wonder can Perth city Myer can do the same....I know Harvey Norman cant....

wow....so Karrinyup can do it for $1,650....wonder can Perth city Myer can do the same....I know Harvey Norman cant....

My wife actually went to the city Myer the other day. She didn't mention the prices from the east coast but she did ask for their "best" price and was told $1999 until 5PM that day.

She didn't much like "Mr Onion-breath" (the salesman) so she left it at that.

Incidently, my docket says price match with Harvey Norman (we never said anything about them)

Edited by dannyp

Thats a great price you got your set for. Can I ask if you got an extended warranty and if so, how much was it?

I'm looking to buy this set in a few weeks and have no idea how much an extended warranty is worth.

Can someone please scan and post a receipt for $1,650?

I'm going shopping for one of these TV's on Friday. A scanned receipt will help heaps.

Is anyone able to provide a scanned receipt? Anyone?

Edited by skinXBWAU

Is anyone able to provide a scanned receipt? Anyone?

Just buy one already!!!! you don't need a copy of a receipt..i got HN down to $1800 without even trying(could have easily got them below $1700)........you are the procrastination king!!!!!

I was able to get a 700A from Myer in Pitt Street Mall today for $1750 delivered without too much hassle

Just buy one already!!!! you don't need a copy of a receipt..i got HN down to $1800 without even trying(could have easily got them below $1700)........you are the procrastination king!!!!!

Haha, I'm also the haggle king. I'm shooting for $1,600. If my local stores are in stock, I WILL buy one of these TV's this Friday. I promise. ;)

Haha, I'm also the haggle king. I'm shooting for $1,600. If my local stores are in stock, I WILL buy one of these TV's this Friday. I promise. ;)

OTOH, you could always hold out for the 37" IP Alpha Panel LCD Panasonic, which is being released in Europe.

However, I find the 32" 700A is amazing. It absolutely enhances my SD DVD's that had material with 'snow' and pixelation - was very distracting on my 28" CRT TV, but no longer present when viewing on the 700A.

Good luck with your purchase.

OTOH, you could always hold out for the 37" IP Alpha Panel LCD Panasonic, which is being released in Europe.

I've been holding out on the next best thing for three years now....I think it's time I actually made a purchase! ;)

P.S.

I just did a round of phone haggling (I will be shopping in person with cash in hand on Friday) and here are my results:

Your Electrical Superstore - NOT IN STOCK - No idea, said he would call me back...He didn't!

Warehouse Sales - IN STOCK - Best price $1,869. After some agressive haggling (as in I lied that I had already been offered $1,700) he backed out. No sale.

Retravision - NOT IN STOCK - First offer $1,779. I mentioned $1,750 and he said he could do it for $1,740.

Betta Electrical - NOT IN STOCK - No price info at all other than RRP. He said he would attempt to beat any price once he had more info from Panasonic.

The Good Guys - IN STOCK - Would not give a best price over the phone but were adamant they would beat any price in person, same day cash purchase! :D

Harvey Norman - NOT IN STOCK - First cash offer was $1,850. Told them The Good Guys had it in stock and offered me $1,650...He said he would match it.

So guess what...On Friday, The Good Guys will be told that Harvey Norman will do it for $1,650 and they will beat it! Just you wait...;)

Edited by skinXBWAU

tell me about it, I'm exactly the same. Sometimes I envy these people who know nothing about TV's and just go into the store and pick one on the spot!! I've spent hours and hours and hours researching and reading reviews, but it only makes it harder. I was 99% decided on this set until recently I read a review stating it had average black levels (they did say everything else about it was fantastic though).

The only other option is the Sony D3100, though that means waiting another couples of months and probably forking out atleast another $400.

Had I not read that review I probably would have been none the wiser, so I'm starting to think too much information isnt really a good thing.

Edited by brett174