Panasonic 32in Lcd....the Best In The World.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

This is a phenomenal TV, however the only complaint I have with it is a high pitch noise on ABC (both SD & HD). I'm the only one in the house that can hear it, the rest of my family say it sounds fine. So maybe it's just my hearing but I saw someone mentioned a high pitch noise earlier in the thread.

Had no idea about the intelligent display feature - so this is why in dark scenes the display randomly changes contrast levels for no apparent reason? It can be definitely annoying in dark scenes.

Hi All,

Just wanted to pop in and see what the current best price around is?

After staying at a hotel in Canberra the other week, which had a 32inch LG LCD in the room I'm back on the LCD train, this TV had no problems playing the football while I was there and that was the main worry I had.

The Panasonic 700A should be even better.

The cheapest I've seen it for online was $1,619. I'm hoping with some haggling someone has broken it to around $1,550 instore?

Where has the best price been found?

Many thanks.

Had no idea about the intelligent display feature - so this is why in dark scenes the display randomly changes contrast levels for no apparent reason? It can be definitely annoying in dark scenes.

It does that only when using the "Dynamic" picture setting. Change it to something else (e.g. cinema) and it will stop.

"Good Guys" http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/portal/page/portal/tggweb will do it for $1,550, with credit card, if you ask. Maybe they'd go even lower for cash...I found them very pleasant to deal with. Very happy with the 700A.

Hi All,

Just wanted to pop in and see what the current best price around is?

After staying at a hotel in Canberra the other week, which had a 32inch LG LCD in the room I'm back on the LCD train, this TV had no problems playing the football while I was there and that was the main worry I had.

The Panasonic 700A should be even better.

The cheapest I've seen it for online was $1,619. I'm hoping with some haggling someone has broken it to around $1,550 instore?

Where has the best price been found?

Many thanks.

"Good Guys" http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/portal/page/portal/tggweb will do it for $1,550, with credit card, if you ask. Maybe they'd go even lower for cash...I found them very pleasant to deal with. Very happy with the 700A.

Might have to pop in this weekend in that case, I've generally had good times with the Good Guys however I've never really gotten them to take more then 10% off the ticketed price of an item and seeing their current catalogue has the 700a at $1,999 I'm not too sure how much luck I will have.

Worth a shot though.

Hey all finally took the plunge and picked up the 700A for $1540 at Harvey Norman in Chadstone yesterday. Got 2 years extended warranty on it with that rugby world cup double warranty deal they have going on. It was only meant to be a 1 year extended but the computer wouldnt accept it so I got another year extra :) Not complaining about that :)

Havent had a chance to set it up as yet but when i do will post back then.

Ive had alittle play of it for a couple of hours last night and I must say im pretty impressed so far with this TV. The indoor aerial has had trouble finding 7 and 9 HD but 10 works fine. Then put the aerial on the ground and 7 and 10 work well but 9 doesnt wont to come to the party yet :). Anyway thats not the Tv's fault.

Considering the poor feed foxtel gives it actually looks pretty darn good i must say. Much better than what i was expecting it to be. So happy with that since i watch a fair bit of foxtel :)

Plugged it into the xbox 360 using component cables and its bloody clear as :) Have only played fifa 08 and nba live 08 demos but they look awesome. Sweat dripping off the players faces etc Havent had a chance to play gears of war on it yet but have been told its the best looking game out. So will try that out tonight.

A few people on here have been posting ther picture settings with numbers etc. I cant seem to bring up a numerical value on the picture settings. Can this be turned on? Or are these just from the default settings then you +4 from that etc.

Skin how did you go hooking it up with the vga cables for the 360? Is there much of a difference between that and component? Can you do 1080p with vga?

thanks all :)

A few people on here have been posting ther picture settings with numbers etc. I cant seem to bring up a numerical value on the picture settings. Can this be turned on? Or are these just from the default settings then you +4 from that etc.

Skin how did you go hooking it up with the vga cables for the 360? Is there much of a difference between that and component? Can you do 1080p with vga?

Yeah, the settings I posted are +/- from default. There are no numerical values and it sucks a bit. It is the same for Panny plasmas.

I haven't got a VGA cable yet and am not sure about 1080p. You can select the output resolution though to 1360 x 768 which should look great.

Edited by skinXBWAU

Here's what each input is capable of displaying

• 1080p (50Hz /60Hz) is only available through the HDMI inputs
  • Component inputs can do up to 1080i (50Hz /60Hz)
  • The VGA max res is 1,366 x 768 @60Hz

So I wouldn't use VGA for your 360, I'd use component at least then it can do 1080i/720p

As for my picture settings, I'm now using the Cinema preset with Color Management Off on Inputs/DTV/Analogue

Edited by MitchA

Here's what each input is capable of displaying
  • 1080p (50Hz /60Hz) is only available through the HDMI inputs
  • Component inputs can do up to 1080i (50Hz /60Hz)
  • The VGA max res is 1,366 x 768 @60Hz

So I wouldn't use VGA for your 360, I'd use component at least then it can do 1080i/720p

As for my picture settings, I'm now using the Cinema preset with Color Management Off on Inputs/DTV/Analogue

I dissagree. VGA from the Xbox 360 allows you to get very close to the native res of the TV (1360 x 768 vs 1366 x 768) and the TV offers more picture tuning controls via VGA. This should equal the best posible picture via a Xbox 360. I will test this as soon as I can get my hands on a VGA cable for the 360.

Yeah, the settings I posted are +/- from default. There are no numerical values and it sucks a bit. It is the same for Panny plasmas.

I haven't got a VGA cable yet and am not sure about 1080p. You can select the output resolution though to 1360 x 768 which should look great.

yeah poor effort from panasonic then. Even my old crt had numerical values for the settings! :)

Downloaded the sega rally demo lastnight on 360. Wow its looks superb :)

I dissagree. VGA from the Xbox 360 allows you to get very close to the native res of the TV (1360 x 768 vs 1366 x 768) and the TV offers more picture tuning controls via VGA. This should equal the best posible picture via a Xbox 360. I will test this as soon as I can get my hands on a VGA cable for the 360.

I see your point, can the xbox 3560 output at the res? Or is just 576/720/1080?

Hi

I want to buy one of these tv's next week, but I have a question about using a vcr. I have yet to buy a dvd recorder, and I like to tape shows with my vcr. Does this connect up and work the same as usual with the antenna going to the vcr and the vcr going to the tv?

:unsure:

thanks

C

Hi,

I have PS2 connected via composite. The console only outputs in 480 interlaced. Picture doesn't look good even in 4:3.

If PS2 is connected via component will that improve PQ? I'm thinking about Sony cable SCPH-10490. Is it possible to get 576p (SD) game playback?

Hi

I want to buy one of these tv's next week, but I have a question about using a vcr. I have yet to buy a dvd recorder, and I like to tape shows with my vcr. Does this connect up and work the same as usual with the antenna going to the vcr and the vcr going to the tv?

:unsure:

thanks

C

Yes, that will work. Be aware that you'll notice the inferior quality of VCR recorded shows much more readily on this TV, esp if you tape using EP or LP mode on your VCR - I certainly did. You will also have to configure the TV to 4:3 mode to watch your VCR taped shows, otherwise your (4:3 format) recording will be stretched sidewards.

Edited by dvdnovice

Hi,

I have PS2 connected via composite. The console only outputs in 480 interlaced. Picture doesn't look good even in 4:3.

If PS2 is connected via component will that improve PQ? I'm thinking about Sony cable SCPH-10490. Is it possible to get 576p (SD) game playback?

You can only get 480P playback from the PS2 when you use the Component cable, and even then it will only work on the games that have been coded for it.

Hi,

Is it possible to display which HD picture format and date rate is in use?

All my DVB services have been auto detected. How to customise the program allocation, for instance, to store SBS HD to button 1? I can do it with the analogue channels but not with digital.

Thanks.

Hi,

Is it possible to display which HD picture format and date rate is in use?

All my DVB services have been auto detected. How to customise the program allocation, for instance, to store SBS HD to button 1? I can do it with the analogue channels but not with digital.

Thanks.

That's right. I have the 600A and you can't put the channel where you want like in the analogue channels. :angry:

That's right. I have the 600A and you can't put the channel where you want like in the analogue channels. :angry:

Sorry, I'll refrase. You can't place the digital station where you want it to go. A bit of a blow. But I can do it with my el-cheapo Aldi STB.

But you can with the analogue stations.