Panasonic 32in Lcd....the Best In The World.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone heard when these will be available in Aust? Clive Peeters has a "Coming soon" sign, but couldn't tell me a date?

I was told by 2 retailers in Adelaide that they will be arriving in stores, mid July.

Expect to pay, for the 32LXD700A $2300: $1900 for the 32LXD70A: for the 26LXD70A $1670. At these intial prices I would be waiting a few months.

Looch

• 4 weeks later...

let me tell you guys these will hit stores late next week or the week after and will be priced no higher than $2199 i would think ive seen the cost as i work in the industry and anymore would be making a huge profit which isnt likely in browngoods

Guest MoiVous

Just to add to the availability discussion, I recieved the following email from Panasonic last night:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Panasonic with your enquiry.

There are new models being released in June or July 2007.

The new model numbers will be TX-32LXD700A and TX-26LXD70A. Details and Price will be come available closed to the units being released. You are able to check the details once released through the following link.

http://panasonic.com.au/products/category.cfm?objectID=47

Thank you for taking the time to contact Panasonic with your enquiry.

Pretty vague huh?

However, I also made a few calls around Adelaide regarding the 700A and prices:

KBE $2063 (was $2279 four weeks ago!)

Truscotts $1990

Kosmos $1899

and all indicating the next 2 weeks for availability.

BTW, thanks to all for the info about these panels - most interesting.

Cheers

:rolleyes:

I am waiting to compare this TV to a 42 Inch Panasonic Plasma. I compared the Plasma to the new Samsung 32 Inch LCD and the Plasma one. I wonder how the new Panasonic LCD will shape up against it's big brother?

I am waiting to compare this TV to a 42 Inch Panasonic Plasma. I compared the Plasma to the new Samsung 32 Inch LCD and the Plasma one. I wonder how the new Panasonic LCD will shape up against it's big brother?

Why would you compare a 32" and a 42"? Thats a big size difference. Compare the 37" Toshiba (same IPS panel) or 42" Toshiba to the 42" Panasonic.

Guest Danny Boy
well im going to buy one of these babies as soon as they land at my work then im buying a ps3 and hooking that up to it,they are going to be real good and it will be the perfect size for my room

Flawless Combo.

Why would you compare a 32" and a 42"? Thats a big size difference. Compare the 37" Toshiba (same IPS panel) or 42" Toshiba to the 42" Panasonic.

I was comparing relative price not size. If I can get something bigger for the same price I will compare that.

Flawless Combo.

yes well i think they will look great together not only for gaming but bluray also but i also like phillips lcd's because of ambilight and that feature that makes it look 3-d sort of like samsungs movie plus is it motion pro or something i went to my local harveys today (we cant get philips at my work) to check out a 32in but they didnt have any and does anyone know if phillips do a 32in with ambi surround which is left,right and top lighting???and does anyone have a 32in phillips here what are they like at home?

yes well i think they will look great together not only for gaming but bluray also but i also like phillips lcd's because of ambilight and that feature that makes it look 3-d sort of like samsungs movie plus is it motion pro or something i went to my local harveys today (we cant get philips at my work) to check out a 32in but they didnt have any and does anyone know if phillips do a 32in with ambi surround which is left,right and top lighting???and does anyone have a 32in phillips here what are they like at home?

Yes Phillips make the 32" 32PF9631D and has the ambilight, after looking at various 32in lcds for a couple of months thought this model was the best of them, but PQ on all of them was still not as good as my Sony KVHR32M31 crt, so finished up getting a used KVHR32 with low hours as my 2nd set for the bedroom and am a very happy camper indeed, for 32in size there is nothing new available at the moment that can equal the Sony's KVHR32 for picture quality.

Does anyone have information about the 1920X1080 resolution Samsung 26" LCDs that were alluded in this review:

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Panas...tx26lxd70_2.htm ?

I've doen some googling and searched the news section of hdtvorg.co.uk site and havn't managed to find any information.

Anyway, I'm quite excited waiting for this Panasonic LCD to come out - i think its the one i've been waiting for.

I saw it in a recent radio-rentals catalogue (SA company) and it had the 32" and 26" models listed for pre-order. Prices were 2099 for 32" and 1799 for the 26".

What i find confusing is that both LCDs have the same specs in the catologue - both feature the IPS-alpha panel and 8500:1 contrast ratio. This and the fact that the 26" is not much cheaper than the 32" indicate to me that the 26" is in fact the 26" version of the 32lxd700a rather than the 26lxd70a.

However, after reading through previous posts, i've seen not indication that a 26lxd700a model will be released.

According to the review of the 26lxd70a here: http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Panas...tx26lxd70_2.htm , there is a 26lxd700 on the way to UK.

I would find the 26lxd700 more suitable for my purposes than the 32", but if the 32lxd700a ends up being the only panels released with IPS-alpha panel and virtual-surroudn speakers, i'd settle for the 32".

I saw the 70a for sale at harvey normans today. Was wandering what the main differences between the 70a and the 700a apart from the cosmetic differences? I couldn't find any info on the panasonic site :(

I saw the 70a for sale at harvey normans today. Was wandering what the main differences between the 70a and the 700a apart from the cosmetic differences? I couldn't find any info on the panasonic site :(

I think the 700a just has better speakers and a "nicer" bezel. Pretty sure that's it.

I think the 700a just has better speakers and a "nicer" bezel. Pretty sure that's it.

And it has more PIP functions, srs trusurround sound system, nicer looking remote control which is more universal and HDMI Viera link.

The 70A looks a bit ugly imo.

And it has more PIP functions, srs trusurround sound system, nicer looking remote control which is more universal and HDMI Viera link.

The 70A looks a bit ugly imo.

I'm pretty sure Viera link is now standard across the Panasonic range

it actually has a more advanced engine featuring 'motion picture pro', 'intelligent scene controller', '3D colour management', and 'sub pixel control' as well as a different speakers system, SRS TruSurround XT, digital audio amplification, an SDHC memory card slot, a 20 degres swivel and a capability for 1080P. All this for a measly $300 difference in rrp ($2199 compared to $1899) and a rep i know that has seen a preview says they are not in the same leaguefor either video or audio performance. Im pretty sure thats a bit more than better speakers and a nicer bezel!!!

saw the 70a on display today and wasn't overly impressed...........was next to a samsung LA32R81BD and the samsung was definately a nicer picture and is definately a nicer looking panel. the 700a would want to be a fair step-up but apparently it is so i will wait and see.