Panasonic 32in Lcd....the Best In The World.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not too keen to answer questions on the material you provide on these forums, are you ?

That's because you've been caught out spreading mis-information, again.

Thanks......you've now proven you're psychologically imprisoned to me, and will do anything to get my attention, even if it means making a fool of yourself.

If this is the best you can do, then you must be pretty stupid.

Thanks......you've now proven you're psychologically imprisoned to me, and will do anything to get my attention, even if it means making a fool of yourself.

If this is the best you can do, then you must be pretty stupid.

what I really want to know, is it better living in Perth or Brisbane ?

Not sure when, but within a month or 2 would be my guess.

Also, it seems that all name brand 32's with built in HD tuners will be $1750 within weeks of their release.

Although I think it's silly to have a HD tuner when you've got 3 HDMI's.

I've got a bad feeling that any HD ready Panasonic 32's will be the lower spec model.

Late May according to Panasonic Australia. Same time as the PX70. PZ700 will be another 4 weeks after that I'm told.

Expect the MAX RRP to be $1999. Currently why would Panasonic discount any further though, all the competition (except LG) are $1999. (Sony is $2399)

Sounds like last years model with a nip and tuck.

I simply refuse to buy any 2006 model LCD,....the 07 models are exciting website reviewers and home consumers alike+ the 2008 models should up the ante once more.

It may not be until 2010 that an affordable and viable alternative to 32in LCD's materialize.

The value of the 32 is that it's a good bedroom sized TV, a reasonable size for the PC, and it's SIZE helps cushion the horror of SDTV/FOXTEL.

The very reasons for not buying an '06 32" LCD are still there, just to a lesser extent. I doubt any great quatum leap will be made. Just better contrast, sharpness, and lower RRP.

Late May according to Panasonic Australia. Same time as the PX70. PZ700 will be another 4 weeks after that I'm told.

Expect the MAX RRP to be $1999. Currently why would Panasonic discount any further though, all the competition (except LG) are $1999. (Sony is $2399)

I've seen the new Sharp at $1899....also, they almost always drop a few quid after the initial buying frenzy has subsided.

That said, if the PQ is noticeably better, maybe Panasonic will hold firm for longer.

what I really want to know, is it better living in Perth or Brisbane ?

If I was in Perth, or Porth as I prefer to call it, I'd attack Dr Smith my with Karate.......the only thing that has me worried is if he were to strike me with his purse, LOL.

Nobody ever really seems to talk about brightness on LCD panels. How would 450cd/m2 compare to 550cm/m2 for example? Cause I have no idea.

In most environments, LCDs usually get best results when lowering the brightness.

The brightness can be important in a bright enviroment, other than that, the Panasonic and Sony 32 LCDs are good products. The Sharp is great on HQ HD material, and utterly horrible on everything else. Philips is worth a mention despite the crappy sound. Samsung is completly out of date, and do LG still make TVs????

In most environments, LCDs usually get best results when lowering the brightness.

The brightness can be important in a bright enviroment, other than that, the Panasonic and Sony 32 LCDs are good products. The Sharp is great on HQ HD material, and utterly horrible on everything else. Philips is worth a mention despite the crappy sound. Samsung is completly out of date, and do LG still make TVs????

Well I'm either going to buy a Samsung LA32R81BDX or this Panasonic, I think. But I'll just have to wait until they're released here and read some reviews and opinions etc. before I can make up my mind.

Nobody ever really seems to talk about brightness on LCD panels. How would 450cd/m2 compare to 550cm/m2 for example? Cause I have no idea.

Both are very high, and both will require that you lower their brightness......brightness is one of LCD's strong points.

Also, wouldn't the TV have to be 120Hz here, or something? Cause of our stuff being 60Hz? Well I know a lot of 360 games will only run in 60Hz.

No idea what I'm talking about, really :D

:blink: P1sser......Our tv signal is 50Hz by the way. For 360 connection you'd need to be sure the relevant input accepts 60Hz. I know VGA does.....

Also, wouldn't the TV have to be 120Hz here, or something? Cause of our stuff being 60Hz? Well I know a lot of 360 games will only run in 60Hz.

No idea what I'm talking about, really :blink:

All TVs sold in Australia are NTSC and PAL compatiable. ie: 60Hz and 50Hz. Most also support SECAM.

The honesty is great mate. Toshiba are releasing a 120Hz LCD range soon, but this is designed to reduce motion blur (an inherent problem of larger (32"+) LCD TVs).

However, Hz are much different on flat panel TVs, and not a relevent selling point. CRT TVs arguably benefit greatly from 100Hz, although there are probably only 2 freely available models; LG and Samsung 76cm Widescreen CRTs.

• 4 weeks later...

"Its probably completely useless as it is nothing more than gossip (some of it), but anyway the thing that blew me away was the native contrast ratio which if true is a huge improvement for LCD (as far as I am aware), although it is only a spec and should not be taken too seriously I still thought it was worthwhile mentioning it.

The unit sounds fairly tech heavy overall, I don't know much about these things so I will leave it to the smarter people to fill us in.

Also I wonder if anyone knows when it will be released?

Cheers

Craig

EDIT: I looked for a spec sheet but could not find any sorry."

From the other thread I started (didn't know about this one).

"Its probably completely useless as it is nothing more than gossip (some of it), but anyway the thing that blew me away was the native contrast ratio which if true is a huge improvement for LCD (as far as I am aware), although it is only a spec and should not be taken too seriously I still thought it was worthwhile mentioning it.

The CR comes with the IPS panel, but I thought it would have been dynamic.....either way, premium panel from a premium manufacturer= a winner.

Sounds like it has some strong upscaling happening as well.

From what I have heard this LCD would cost about $2,500. With it only having 2 HDMI ports

I've seen overseas panasonic website (Asia, UK, US etc) and this LXD700 has been out long time there....so Aust panasonic is very slow in getting this out to market....or I suppose they give up the LCD market already and concentrate on the 50" plasma....

I've seen overseas panasonic website (Asia, UK, US etc) and this LXD700 has been out long time there....so Aust panasonic is very slow in getting this out to market....or I suppose they give up the LCD market already and concentrate on the 50" plasma....

I don't think they would be giving up on the lcd market as I think they have invested a lot of money/tech into it, I think they leave thier lcd models for 32 inch and below and plasma for 42 inch and above. Will be interesting to see if thier lcd tech keeps improving whether or not (or when), they start to release bigger lcd's.

Australia is almost always behind in tech :D

*sorry for saying 'tech' so often, I know i sound like a tool :blink:

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...