Sign in to follow this  
digitalj

Dungog Digital Tv

@128

Whats on the sc10 tx? Im in qld for the school holidays so cant check. Is OneHD on it as well as sc10?

ONE HD is 99% likely to be there if not 100% likely

Does anyone know when Prime digital will come on? It will be good when we finally have all channels in digital. :D

Prime wont be doing it until they have to according to a bloke who rang them and asked. ie 2013

the switchover for Dungog is 2nd half of 2012, so it will have to be done by the end of 2012 (only 2 years left).

Hi, I got an email from prime this morning to tell me that they will begin transmitting digital to Dungog within the next two months.

Hi, I got an email from prime this morning to tell me that they will begin transmitting digital to Dungog within the next two months.

I also received email today stating that Prime will commence transmitting there digital channels within the next two months...

I was also told by an installer that the TV stations are required by law to test their digital signal for about 18 months before the old analog signal is switched off...

I also received email today stating that Prime will commence transmitting there digital channels within the next two months...

I was also told by an installer that the TV stations are required by law to test their digital signal for about 18 months before the old analog signal is switched off...

Not true - as evidenced by the fact they commenced digital services at Bonnie Doon and Howqua in Vic on the same day (mid dec 2010) they turned the analogs off!

Not true - as evidenced by the fact they commenced digital services at Bonnie Doon and Howqua in Vic on the same day (mid dec 2010) they turned the analogs off!

Different states may have different laws on how long they test the digital signals for before they turn off the analog, a friend who works at NBN 3 told me that NBN 3 are still running tests on their digital signal...

Different states may have different laws on how long they test the digital signals for before they turn off the analog, a friend who works at NBN 3 told me that NBN 3 are still running tests on their digital signal...

Hi, it's a federal issue - not state based. There is no law requiring broadcasters to transmit in digital from any particular site for a set period before they can switch of the analog service.

Not sure what NBN would be testing with the digital signal from Mt Sugarloaf but they are still rolling out their services, and each new service will have some test period to make sure everything is working ok and they aren't causing interference to other radcoms services.

We were told on 10th January that Prime would begin transmitting digital to Dungog within 2 months but, nearly 3 months later, that still hasn't happened. <_<

Are we ever going to get Prime digital? It's annoying the everyone in Clarence town and other surrounding towns can get all of the digital channels but people who live in Dungog (the largest town in the area) can't.

Didn't the first post on this thread say that it would happen in December of 2007? :blink:

Edited by Me.

It's annoying the everyone in Clarence town and other surrounding towns can get all of the digital channels but people who live in Dungog (the largest town in the area) can't.

Well that's not strictly true, it depends where in Dungog you live and if you are prepared to have a big antenna/mast aimed at MT Sugarloaf like I have. I live in Dungog not far from the showgrounds and get ALL the channels from MT Sugarloaf, including Prime. But Prime/Prime72 and 7Mate are the weakest so you do have to be in a sweet spot to get them, seems I am. I can feel your pain tho, my mother in law lives in Abelard st and she hates the fact she cant get Prime etc on digital. And WTF doesnt Austar enable Mystar to scan the Dungog tower for the NBN tx, the damn thing will only get SC10 if you only have an antenna aimed at the Dungog site. Someone said late March for Prime at Dungog, but they havent even started testing yet.