Headphone stand

???

Prices? Should be the cheapest!

But still have to wait till they arrive at my door to see how much the tax, custom fee etc etc etc.

Great that you will be able to offer keen pricing. What I meant in my post is whether you could post pictures, as I know that there are a number of finishes available.

Good on you for getting them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the process of tossing around some ideas to make my own headphone stand(s). Most ppl have more than one set of cans so i'm toying with the idea of making something stackable. I can cast pieces in a metal filled resin (ie: stainless steel, aluminium, copper etc) that can be polished and sealed. At the moment i'm thinking i want some pressure on the phones themselves (ie: a band that approximates slightly less than head width) and maybe some sort of 'binding post' for cables.

If there were a 'wish list' for the ultimate headphone stand.... what might it include? I may yet take the 'easy' way out and make a single stand, maybe make a mold of a mannequin head and cast it in tin or similar - but i don't think i'd be satisfied with that. Maybe a replica samurai helmet (kabuto) to park the AKG's on :D

• 1 month later...
I've just pulled the trigger on a Zebrano and Maple pair. Sennheiser on the brunette, Grado on the blonde :)

MM, how did you go with the Sieveking's? Worth the money? I am trying to find the right balance between price and looking after my phones, and I have to buy two stands.

I've got three of the Omega stands and they are a simple and elegant solution. Worth the money? I'd have bought them because I like the look of the shaped laminated timber. They fit with my decor and have drawn positive comments from visitors.

If you listen all the time and want your phones near by, there are some great hooks that clamp to the back of high back chairs and have integral cord loops. I have a similar set-up in my site vehicle for my comms headset. Hook attaches to the seat head rest.

I like the zebrano and walnut colours, but that being said, I'm going to have to head into ikea tomorrow to see what I can pick up :)

You can't beat IKEA for bargains. I've used a lot of their gear as the basis for some really nice "creations". IKEA hacking is a great past time...

I have one of these holding my Audio Technica ATH-AD700s.

Necklace holder from Howards Storage World. The one pictured is shorter than the one I have, but otherwise looks identical. I should try to get a quick a pic. Works well.

Edited by S2 13BT
Me fail english... That's unpossible.

I have one of these holding my Audio Technica ATH-AD700s.

Necklace holder from Howards Storage World. The one pictured is shorter than the one I have, but otherwise looks identical. I should try to get a quick a pic. Works well.

So it looks like this?

How heavy is it? I'm wondering how stable it is, e.g. if I have one pair of headphones on one side and nothing on the other will the stand fall over??

EDIT - not sure what happened to my attachment??

Edited by jjinh
EDIT2 - hopefully its uploaded now

Your attachment isn't working so here's a couple quick phone pics.

As long as the phones aren't on one extreme edge it's quite stable. May help having Audio Technica phones too, cause they have the wings instead of the single head piece.

Anyway...

Your attachment isn't working so here's a couple quick phone pics.

As long as the phones aren't on one extreme edge it's quite stable. May help having Audio Technica phones too, cause they have the wings instead of the single head piece.

Anyway...

Thanks for the extra details. I do have a pair of ATs (w5000) but they already have a nice WooAudio stand.

Its not on the HSW website but they've got back to me with some details, the pic I tried to upload, and some stores that have them. I might grab a few for my grados which are nice and light and free up their stands for something else. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This is my stand I purchased for the short term.

$30 on ebay. She's cute don't you think? And she'll never tell me to turn it down, or argue with me.Qualities I demand in a good woman. :)

Chris

d46e_35.JPG

I have some of those...........but they finish at the waist.......

Just to add another alternative, there is a guy on ebay in the UK who sells really nice stands that are patterned after the Stax stand. I've bought one and couldn't be happier. Including shipping to Australia it was about $50. His ebay identity is "paleafternoon"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30386[/ATTACH]