Sign in to follow this  
digitalj

7 Hd Now 1080i!

If the equipment to broadcast HD AFL is not Ten's could Seven use it and have HD AFL on Seven also?

It depends on what Seven chooses for their OB equipment. If they specifically request HD, it can be done. TEN doesn't own their own HD OB equipment, there are companies that provide these facilities.

Maybes it just 7 testng? and if it all goes well they will do it with the rest?

So there was a reason why Prime was doing 1080i :blink: maybe they jumped the gun early and was told to flick the switch off until Seven does it first very nice picture in Sydney

cheers laurie

Either seven years of insults are going to be a hard habit to kick, or, somebody is going to get the sack at Seven in the morning :-p

So in amongst all the bouquets, I'll take one last brickbat, and ask if it was Foxtel's (re)announcement about their HD service last week that prompted the switch? Kim Williams even went as far as correcting himself when he said early 2008, with the correction of "late 2007".

After the truly HD-worthy broadcast from ABC HD we just had on Sunday night, things are looking up. We may have a half-decent multichannel/HD hybrid going on, and who knows, Seven may take up the challenge of different content on HD.

CK.

PS — Wait — is it April 1st already?

I emailed seven sunrise a few weeks back telling them if Kerry Stokes wants his revenge on Foxtel then

change 7HD to 720p or 1080i just when Foxtel are about to launch their HD service in 2008

And to buy Selectv and restart C7 sports on Selectv and other non Foxtel carriers with a HD sports

channel using subscriber privately owned Sat-2 H.264 receivers and cut Foxtel out of the Football.

I really hope it happens I hate Murdoch and his meddling in politics so much.

This is great news! :blink:

It might finally push me over the edge to getting a HD PVR......

Looking forward to Lost & Stargate! :D:P

I was looking at the guide to see what is in HD today when I looked at NBC Today only to find they were letterboxing and pillerboxing the widescreen version of the show (ie. 16:9 inside a 4:3 frame on 16:9). A sign that this show will finally be seen in WS here sometime?

Edit: That didn't last long. The other day it was 14:9 zoomed. Surely if it is possible for one segment, NBC could be able to do it full time for us over the other side of the world.

YES!!

I flicked the tv on last night and saw 1080i as the signal being received on my 7000 STB. I couldn't believe it. Ugly Betty did look good, can't stand the show but it looked good! Can't wait for Heroes now!

7 are pretty good with their sound too, have they jumped out in front in the battle for the best HD service? Increase the bandwidth and it's a certainty, now, it's borderline.

So I guess this rolls 7's original quotes of 576P being HD. Welcome to real HD!!

Well done 7, better late than never :D

To top it off, my STB will change stations (The FTA 3 anyway) much quicker as it doesn't have to change the resolution :blink:

The PS3 segment on Sunrise with the Gadget guy looked awesome.