Sign in to follow this  
digitalj

7 Hd Now 1080i!

Thought it looked a little better when I flicked during an F1 ad break, but didn't take much notice - definately 1080i here in Melbourne though (although it's only the HD loop, at least it's HD, not ED).

Nor Brisbane, could be either testing, or a gradual roll-out? I'm off work till Wed so will do some frequent checking daytime when they always show the Loop in Brisbane. Can't wait.

576P in Adelaide, if this comes true omg! Seven have almost every decent show, and in 1080i that would be. :blink:

Loop is very pixelated, my dvico card seems to keep crashing with this channel ODD.

Well, that bitrate isn't really anything to get excited about.

right, the bitrate has remained the same, but the resolution has increased. Presumably there will be an upgrade in bitrate, assuming this resolution gets a permanent nod.

either way, the PQ is better, even allowing for artifacting

dunno about some of these screencaps... seems to me like some of you guys have some crudly decoding software... some of these caps look like resized thumbnails.

Is the loop auctually 1080i or it is something lower?

It seems like they are upconverting it from 576p, like PRIME did with programming a few weeks back when everyone thought they were going to do 1080i

Coxy's Big Break is produced in 1080i HD (says so in their wikipedia entry). We'll see at 5.30 if they switch the loop. (I think the show is only broadcast in Melbourne/Prime.)

Just occurred to me that if 7 change to 1080i throughout Australia AND they keep a HD loop going during the day, it will look so good at Harvey Normans etc that HD sales should really take off - you would be a dud salesman not to point out the incredible PQ to the punters and steer them away from the cheapy plasmas.

This will be the biggest thing in 2007 for HD.

Just occurred to me that if 7 change to 1080i throughout Australia AND they keep a HD loop going during the day, it will look so good at Harvey Normans etc that HD sales should really take off - you would be a dud salesman not to point out the incredible PQ to the punters and steer them away from the cheapy plasmas.

This will be the biggest thing in 2007 for HD.

When they do a look back of what happened in 2007 at the end of the year, the month of March is Seven transmits 1080i HD

When they do a look back of what happened in 2007 at the end of the year, the month of March is Seven transmits 1080i HD

More like someone will wake from a coma and hear about 7 doing 1080i and pass out.

On another note, the watermark is randomly disappearing.