7 Hd Now 1080i!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for that, do you also know what is in 5.1?

I don't know any sites that indicate DD 5.1, I know Lost and Ugly Betty are DD 5.1, since I've seen them, but not aware of any other broadcasts of DD 5.1.

In Canberra, it appears we still only get 576p on Prime... :blink:

Is there any word whether prime (7) will start broadcasting proper 1080i in the ACT anytime soon, given it looks like both Melbourne and Sydney have recently switched to 1080i...

It would appear that Prime has had the capability to broadcast proper HD for some time now but were not allowed to transmit the higher resolution given close the proximity to Sydney with 7's 576p service??? (we did get the 'operational error' recently with 1080i into canberra...)

Is it likely that Canberra will also see some 5.1 on prime?

cheers, Gavin

When Lyle posted the link, I didn't have Seven on the guide at all. However since you are so eager, I've added Seven and DD5.1 listings. :blink:
Will this supposed upgrade to 1080i happen in Perth? Any idea when? Or is it a myth?

I was wondering why Ugly Betty was not looking so... well... ugly last night. Now I know. What fantastic news. Now we just need SBS to go 720p and all will be well in Australian HD (except of course for the total lack of content, the reversions to SD upconverts mid-show, the low bitrates etc etc).

According to Knowfirst the upgrades have been made because 7 is going to broadcast all AFL games in HD this year :blink:

It would make sense as they are upgrading two weeks before the season starts, hopefully all states get 1080i within a week or so (that's what happened when 10 went to 1080i).

According to Knowfirst the upgrades have been made because 7 is going to broadcast all AFL games in HD this year :blink:

It would make sense as they are upgrading two weeks before the season starts, hopefully all states get 1080i within a week or so (that's what happened when 10 went to 1080i).

:D:P :P

Positive Positive positive.

Now if only NRL would go HD :P

When Lyle posted the link, I didn't have Seven on the guide at all. However since you are so eager, I've added Seven and DD5.1 listings. :blink:

Sweet, thanks guys,

it was a bit strange last night watching ugly betty , i was thinking geeze 576p was looking good tonight, i thought i just must not have been sitting close enough, I was feeling like MAC from the movie CARS where he was falling asleep on the freeway, you know blllblblblblblblblb (trying to keep himself awake).... 576P looks good?...slap myself, what was i thinking....well now i know . LOL.

Dave

What like all sports will be in HD now. :P:D

Well, I noticed saturday night, that the AFL on 7 was coming through on 70, I was thinking: "That's odd, 7 normally turn off 70 no matter what sport is being shown on SD" Maybe it was already 1080i at that stage? :blink:

I still haven't read any comments about the most important impact of this change:

How does the HD loop look, or more importantly, how does Sophie look? :blink::D:P

The loop looks a lot better than it did, and as for Sophie... well, she looks SEN BLOODY SATIONAL in all her 1080i glory!!