7 Hd Now 1080i!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still 576p here (Adelaide) but its weird the image is gone crazy. The SD channel is fine but the HD channel is wacko. Like its inverted or something. I was going to do a snapshot (its a pci HDTV tuner ie on my computer) but the jpeg file is fine. Didn't have any problems with 7 HD though before. May have nothing to do with this 1080i news. *shrugs*

Edited by Adam BK

Not Sure...

Why I was asking, because it may be broadcasted in 720p but recordered in 1080i for other TV stations that broadcast 1080i such as seven.

It sounds and looks so great having seven and 1080i in the same sentence. :blink:

EDIT: Channel Seven Wiki needs to change to address the recent changes HD: 576P to 1080i, don't know who maintains though

Melbourne's Seven guide channel doesn't say Ugly Betty is HD or WS but the following show

What About Brian is HD tonight.

I have noticed that too, it happens to many of their lineups but it ends up being in HD anyways so there is no need to worry.

If you are talking about the Wikipedia entry for the seven network,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Network

I put a comment on the 'talk' page about seven not broadcasting in proper HD and the reply (from some seven apologist) was that 576p is HD so bugger off.

Actually on the Wikipedia page itself there is no mention of any HD service. If this move to 1080i 'sticks' then I am quite willing to put in a section re their new HD service ( I am a Wikipedia contributor, my subject is something quite different from digital TV but I know some of the ropes there)

cheers

Michael (QLD)