Pricejapan.com Experiences

Guest EZYHD
Aaaah trolls :blink:

Comes on, makes big sweeping statements that stink to high heaven of pure BS and then waltz on out again... surely a self serving retailer with an agenda to push no?

I mean it's been nearly a week since he went silent... such a valuable contributor to our forum eh? Registers, gets his spam up enough to post and then spins some crap has a pathetic cry and then disappear...

Just what many of us were thinking.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me paypal or direct money transfer be the better/safer way to pay? DHL or EMS delivery? Thanks in advance.

Paypal - You need to read the fine print on what protection they offer for non-ebay transfers. If its linked to your credit card account, I would presume any action against fraud you can take it up with the credit card company. But again, I am not 100% sure. Just note, someone mentioned that they need funds sent via Paypal to be in USD. I know that the exchange rate used by Paypal will not be as good as the market rate.

Direct transfer - Would work out better as far as total AUD you have to fork out. Maybe ring the bank and ask them what protection is offered (if any) if you wire funds into an account and nothing turns up.

That said, pricejapan have a good reputation. Many ppl on this forum have purchased off them without any issues. I will be buying from them soon, using the direct debit payment method.

DHL is their strong recommendation, maybe you should listen to them, the price difference is small compared to the value of the purchase.

Good luck.

Ray.

Do you really see a difference when viewing motion picture?. Because I don't. I can see the effect of keystone on test patterns and with static photos on Windows but I honestly cannot detect any difference when viewing motion pictures, strangely enough. The effect doesn't seem to translate to motion picture for some reason. Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

and if you can't see it when viewing content that you watch then clearly it isn't an issue. Don't let other convince you otherwise.

Can anyone tell me paypal or direct money transfer be the better/safer way to pay? DHL or EMS delivery? Thanks in advance.

I have used direct transfer (3x) with no issue - that is the cheapest and fastest. I always annotate where it is going and what it is for for traceability on my statement.

DHL I have used twice for pj lamps - it was fine. I used DHL for a pj as there was less difference for the more exxy purchase. What PJ advise on their website seems logical to me

Paypal. Use your credit card and if it all goes wrong you can do a 'chargeback'. Which will get your money back.

Im another successful pricejapan user. I bought a tw700 through them. Awesome service and packed and handed to the couriers for delivery the day i paid for it.

Paypal. Use your credit card and if it all goes wrong you can do a 'chargeback'. Which will get your money back.

Im another successful pricejapan user. I bought a tw700 through them. Awesome service and packed and handed to the couriers for delivery the day i paid for it.

I use paypal for all ebay transaction and pretty safe. When problem arise they can chase up for you if they believe your story. My question is ebay buyer protection has up to $3000 cover but what about buying from pricejapan. How much will they recover if there is a problem? My guess is that since it is not through ebay their cover will be much less. Also this cover is not paid by paypal but your seller. So if the seller close their account and stop doing business with the same name then you are stuck.

• 1 month later...

Hi again everyone. For those of you in need of a replacement globe for the Panasonic AE700, and prefer to deal with someone local, I have an excess couple of brand new spares. You'll find them quite easily on ebay, if you run a search for AE700

Having said that, I still stand by PriceJapan. I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with my 3 or 4 transactions with them, over the last couple of years.

Well for some reason PJ has dropped the ball with my JVC HD1 lamp order, It has been well over a month since the order was placed and paid for and still no package. I contacted them last Sunday for an explanation and they replied saying that they would check into it on Monday and that is the last I have heard from them. I will give them another email reminder tonight but still it has now been 5 weeks.

I have a mate that's ordered through PriceJapan and he has nothing but praise for them - has convinced me to do the same!

Main points he gave were:

- Excellent price

- Easy transaction

- No duty charged

- Fast delivery

Well for some reason PJ has dropped the ball with my JVC HD1 lamp order, It has been well over a month since the order was placed and paid for and still no package. I contacted them last Sunday for an explanation and they replied saying that they would check into it on Monday and that is the last I have heard from them. I will give them another email reminder tonight but still it has now been 5 weeks.

That is very very unusual

All items I've bought from PJ have arrived within a week, not 5, including an HD1 spare lamp

I suspect it has been lost/broken in transit and traceback is required at either end

sorry to hear that mav

That is very very unusual

All items I've bought from PJ have arrived within a week, not 5, including an HD1 spare lamp

I suspect it has been lost/broken in transit and traceback is required at either end

sorry to hear that mav

Yes I think this is just an abberation and not the norm. Certainly hope that it arrives soon though. I would do a trace however JP never sent me a tracking notice which is why I contacted them last Sunday. Still no tracking notice forthcoming. Actually I under estimated the time since the order was placed and paid for, it is now entering its 8th week.

Yes I think this is just an abberation and not the norm. Certainly hope that it arrives soon though. I would do a trace however JP never sent me a tracking notice which is why I contacted them last Sunday. Still no tracking notice forthcoming. Actually I under estimated the time since the order was placed and paid for, it is now entering its 8th week.

It seems youre jinxed when it comes to the JVC and anything to do with it mav!

has anyone had any issues with any Mitsu PJ's from PJ???

im thinkin of ordering the HC3100 seeing as the price is pretty good at the moment...

Im assuming the factory warranty would be void - does anyone have cold hard facts re Mitsu's stance on purchasing from PJ and warranty??

im well aware of the perils of purchasing internationally, but prices are so friggen attractive hahahha

Well a final update, PJ have now shipped the lamp today. No reason given for the delay, I think it just got lost in the system however they did charge me for it 8 weeks ago.

Great news mav. I wonder if they bit the bullet and just sent another one? Good they have taken responsibility no matter what the cause - ideal and +++ IMO

Thanks for sharing

A bit off the track but I purchased a Canon HV20 1080i camcorder from them based on the reports from here two weeks ago!

Arrived in 3 days to Perth!

Can't ask for more than that!!!!!

Just need to learn how to use it and output to mu PX600A which I bought based on this site also!!!

I was thinking of getting a Canon HV20i as well but I thought it would be NTSC only. Did you get a PAL system model from them?

Are the menus in English as well.

Thanks

I am also looking at the TW700 or even the TW1000 from Price Japan, can someone comfirm if the projectors menu is in japanese and if so can it be changed to english, also does the instruction booklets come with english. Also i assume the power lead is suitable for our 240 volt 50 HZ supply without special transformers or adaptors.

Any one have any luck/info with warranty repairs done in Australia after buying from Price Japan.

Thanks for any help.

has anyone had any issues with any Mitsu PJ's from PJ???

im thinkin of ordering the HC3100 seeing as the price is pretty good at the moment...

Im assuming the factory warranty would be void - does anyone have cold hard facts re Mitsu's stance on purchasing from PJ and warranty??

im well aware of the perils of purchasing internationally, but prices are so friggen attractive hahahha

I haven't needed it but I did some reading and apparently Mitsu Australia will not provide any support for imported products.

So it looks like the 1 year jap warranty is all you get and the cost of a return trip for your projector if you are unfortunate.