Digital Tv Reception Issues Question

hey guys

I have Supernet 80GB STB PVR and this is my problem (by the way I had same problem with my previous STB box so its not the device):

When I plug in the antenna cable into the wall I get constant glitching and freezing on channels 7 and 10, but channel 9 works perfectly. When I take the antenna out, so its just a coax cable connected to the Supernet, channels 7 and 10 work perfectly but channel 9 is freezing all the time ... I have bought an expensive shielded coax cable but no diff. When I hold the end of the coax going from the STB with my bare fingers, all 3 channels work perfectly.

would a device like this help ? link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...p;rd=1&rd=1

can someone help ??? this is crazy ... I am plugging in and out the cable all the time while watching TV ... my wife is just laughing at me and makes jokes of my "latest technology" and usually ends up switching the TV to old ghosty analogue reception :blink:

I am in Lane Cove so all transmitters are really close ...

hey guys

I have Supernet 80GB STB PVR and this is my problem (by the way I had same problem with my previous STB box so its not the device):

When I plug in the antenna cable into the wall I get constant glitching and freezing on channels 7 and 10, but channel 9 works perfectly. When I take the antenna out, so its just a coax cable connected to the Supernet, channels 7 and 10 work perfectly but channel 9 is freezing all the time ... I have bought an expensive shielded coax cable but no diff. When I hold the end of the coax going from the STB with my bare fingers, all 3 channels work perfectly.

would a device like this help ? link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...p;rd=1&rd=1

can someone help ??? this is crazy ... I am plugging in and out the cable all the time while watching TV ... my wife is just laughing at me and makes jokes of my "latest technology" and usually ends up switching the TV to old ghosty analogue reception :blink:

I am in Lane Cove so all transmitters are really close ...

No that will not help, it will most likely make it worse, I live at Beecroft without an amplifier and have perfect signal, what you need is an attenuator.

Please post any more questions on this issue here: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showforum=21

Omarko,

An amplifier will make your problem worse, as you already have too much signal, being close to the high-power transmitters.

As suggested, an attenuator will reduce the signal. I'd suggest a variable one like this You could use fixed value ones, however I would expect you would need at least 24dBuV or more to reduce your signal levels sufficiently.

As you have discovered, too much signal can cause reception dropouts as the receiver is 'overloaded'.

Omarko,

An amplifier will make your problem worse, as you already have too much signal, being close to the high-power transmitters.

As suggested, an attenuator will reduce the signal. I'd suggest a variable one like this You could use fixed value ones, however I would expect you would need at least 24dBuV or more to reduce your signal levels sufficiently.

As you have discovered, too much signal can cause reception dropouts as the receiver is 'overloaded'.

thank you thank you thank you ... if this simple solution works, I owe you a beer my cyber friend ! I will go and buy one tomorrow first thing

will update with result :blink: