Sign in to follow this  
HokeyWhiteBoy

Ocean's Twelve (is Something Wrong With My Setup?)

I just spent an hour or so flicking between Ocean's Twelve (which was in HD) and I, Robot (which was not) and I ahve to say that I, Robot looked a lot better!

I have a 40" Samsung 720p LCD TV with matching Hi-Def STB, and was wondering if I screwed something up somewhere?

Ta!

dp.

I just spent an hour or so flicking between Ocean's Twelve (which was in HD) and I, Robot (which was not) and I ahve to say that I, Robot looked a lot better!

I have a 40" Samsung 720p LCD TV with matching Hi-Def STB, and was wondering if I screwed something up somewhere?

Ta!

dp.

Well I wasn't overly impressed with the image quality of Ocean's Twelve no wow factor.

Well I wasn't overly impressed with the image quality of Ocean's Twelve no wow factor.

OK then. thanks!

There is such a variety of quality :-( I have dl some Hi-def content, and it looks great... but the channel 7 demo reel looks like crap. Totally Wild looks amazing, but Sunrise is garbage... I never know if it is me or the content :-(

the channel 7 demo reel looks like crap.
Totally Wild looks amazing, but Sunrise is garbage...

Not your setup, these are expected.

Not your setup, these are expected.

I hope all this gets sorted out soon! I can't even be consided an early adopter!

It's expected that Sunrise looks like 'garbage' compared to Totally Wild, since one is broadcast in poor 576p (Sunrise), compared to 1080i (Totally Wild).

I can't comment on 'Ocean's Twelve', since I didn't watch it.

Ta!

dp.

Agreed!

I, Robot was probably the best quality movie i've seen on 70 since I went digital last October. It had some shading problems, but I think that's more due to my screen. Other than that, considering it was 576p, it looked MUCH better than the grainy Oceans Twelve in 1080i.

Agreed guys, I watched both for about 2 minutes each and 'Oceans Twelve' looked pretty average. Then I went back to "Dalziel and Pascoe" :blink:

Simon....

I saw the movie whilst it was showing in cinemas and the quality was very average. This was done on purpose by Soderbergh who supposedly wanted a documentary style feel for the film.

As discussed on another thread somewhere, various directors favour a grainy look. Personally I fail to see why. You particularly notice this in the HD cop and law shows from the US. For an excellent example of crystal clear HD from the States, watch Letterman on ch.10