Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

I think the PX70 doesnt have the anti-glare coating. Its on the PX700 I beleive.

In my opinion and that of some other reviewers, this time around the basic model PX70 is better aesthetically than the supeior model PX700.

I also dont know what benefits the PX700 will have over the 70, besides better speakers, SD card slot, PIP and some other tweaks they're the same.

at $3849 RRP that seems good to. So hopefully sub $3k street prices real soon.

I suppose if you dont have a home theatre, ie receiver, you might want to wait for the better sound of the PX700. As for the PIP, card slot etc, those features can be had on certain STB's. Then again with the inbuilt tuner STB's arent necessary unless you want to be able to record in digital.

Does anyone have any opinions on the 65" 1080 Pana Plasma?

Any owners who might be able to share some thoughts?

Does anyone know if the stand will be sold in OZ at release?

Does anyone have any opinions on the 65" 1080 Pana Plasma?

Any owners who might be able to share some thoughts?

There's a thread on that beast here.

No owners of the unit have conrtibuted to the discussion however, if memory serves me correct.

JB reckons they have the 50PZ models on order, due in 3 weeks. Interesting that the ticket price for a 50pv60a at $2498 is cheaper than ticket price of 42px600a. I hope JB aren't confused with the PX70 series

"The 42-inch TH-42P70A and 50-inch TH-50PX70A are both available now for RRP $2749 and RRP $3849 respectively. A high-end 50-inch Viera plasma will be released in July featuring a silver cabinet, front HDMI input and SDHC card slot. Pricing has not been confirmed. Panasonic will also release a 42-inch event model for a limited time during the third quarter."

I assume an 'event' model is tied to the rugby world cup ? so does that mean 42PZ I wonder.........

I dunno...after reading most of this thread, im still thinking of buying the current model TH-42PX600A

yes no?

I dunno...after reading most of this thread, im still thinking of buying the current model TH-42PX600A

yes no?

How much....?

~~$2000

With built in HD?

U should be able to get the new models for about $2200-2300 based on RRP.

Either way, thats a good price

~~$2000

That's very cheap Sexy, where you get a price like that from? I'd grab one at that price...can't wait much longer for these new models to arrive.

~~$2000

Panasonic TH42PX7A will go sub $2k RRP with integrated HD tuner. Basically replace the TH42PA60

Hi,

Can anyone have any knowledge on the PX600A vs. the 70A in regards to the digital tuner. Is the one in the 70A new and improved or the same as the one in the 600A.

I am tossing up between the two and just want to get all the info before I buy.

If anyone can help that would be great

Cheers

I was told at HN Bendigo yesterday that the 50" PX70 won't be in stock for another 2 weeks? Any truth to that?

1366 x 768 resolution??

That's an error. It's 1024x768.

Reiko24:

I'm in country nsw and the local retravision had the 50" px70 on display yesterday, they seem to have the opposite problem to HN bendigo and can't get any 42" models, and don't expect to for a few weeks - they did quote me $2340 for one though.

Have a 44" dlp at the mo (LG RT-44SZ21RB) and it is developing a shadow along the right hand edge - so as soon as it goes i'll be in like a shot, apparantly alot of these particular models have had some problems with lamps going prematurely and light tunnels melting, so who knows how long that will be? Does any one out there have much experience with dlp rear pro?

The stand on the 70 is really ugly :blink:

If I got the 70 would it be possible to buy the 600 stand from anywhere???

The stand on the 70 is really ugly :blink:

If I got the 70 would it be possible to buy the 600 stand from anywhere???

I'd imagine that there's owners who have wall mounted them but no idea how keen they would be to sell them.

I just went and checked out the 70 at HN in City Cross Adelaide. I was a bit dissapointed that it is mostly charcoal plastic and a bit cheap looking compared with the Pioneer and even the LG either side of it. The only black gloss is a strip down the bottom.

The PX70 was also flickering noticably compared to other screens when the picture was white which I found hard to watch, although this may have been because the contrast was set too bright.

Interestingly there was a technician working on the store display model Samsung 46" LCD and he had it completely in pieces and was soldering something on a circuit board. Not great advertising for Samsung! If HN ever offer you a cheap display model be wary.

Just a general warning to those unfamiliar with Pana model numbers.

PA for sd, PV for HD, PX for HD+digital tuner, PZ for full-HD

5, 6, 7 ... are generational series

"00" is upmarket version of "0" (00 has much better 4-spkr sound, SD-card slot, better look & pedestal)

A for Australian market

So beware of salespeople mindlessly saying PX70A is better than PX600A; I've heard from a few.

PX70A is a newer series but its specs are not directly comparable against the PX600A. It's fairer to compare the 600A to the 700A which will come out later.

Hope this helps.

I just went and checked out the 70 at HN in City Cross Adelaide. I was a bit dissapointed that it is mostly charcoal plastic and a bit cheap looking compared with the Pioneer and even the LG either side of it. The only black gloss is a strip down the bottom.

The PX70 was also flickering noticably compared to other screens when the picture was white which I found hard to watch, although this may have been because the contrast was set too bright.

Interestingly there was a technician working on the store display model Samsung 46" LCD and he had it completely in pieces and was soldering something on a circuit board. Not great advertising for Samsung! If HN ever offer you a cheap display model be wary.

Samsungs are getting an upgrade for the tuners. ALL models are getting this done.