Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

Can anyone tell me if there is any improvements other than these - I did read a review that said the '07 remotes 'felt better' but other than that, it looks a marketing excercise at present.

This is a good question. There must be some big difference because according to the Panasonic figures the new model uses about 30% more power to over 500 watts. Very strange, as the 600 model already used more than the Pioneer 507. The new series must be the planet warming model.

I have been cross-checking 06 vs 07 brochures, and I think Lyno (May 1 & 2 entries) has it right - the replacement for the 50PX600 is the 50PX700 - NOT the 50PX70.

The PX70 model is really a PV60 with a tuner and SPDIF output added, and its face painted black, and it looks like it will be $3000 - $3500 - ie with no PIP etc, only 20w speakers, no SRS stuff and the ugly stand.

At present, the 50" PX600 is going 'run-out' mode for less than $3000 if you can find them, whereas indications are the 50PX700 (when it arrives!) will be greater than $4500 at first - and all I can see that is different is the black face paint and the anti-glare coating (so called G10 screen, which otherwise seems the same as G9).

Can anyone tell me if there is any improvements other than these - I did read a review that said the '07 remotes 'felt better' but other than that, it looks a marketing excercise at present.

If not, I'm out the door to grab me an older model, yee ha. :blink:

Pretty much a perfect summary I reckon!

The same, but black speakers and stand. The price IS the same, $3999. Haggling will net the same price as the PX600. If you where in Melbourne I'd give you a price.

Nis,

Maybe wires have been crossed during everyone's frenzied and excited discussions about the new products, so can I re-ask you, as you were good enough to reply to my first post:

Assuming the 50PX700 is the direct replacement for the 50PX600, are you suggesting the punters might get a 700 for around $3999 (RRP) - $3200 (actual) ie for about the same as the 600?

I just posted my summary that I think the PX70 is not the direct replacement for the PX600, as it only has the features of the PV60 with a tuner added. Would you agree?

If not, I'm out the door to grab me an older model, yee ha. :blink:

I can't see anything significant, unless you love black. That's why I went and took the plunge on a 50" PX600 on Saturday. Until 2 weeks ago there was no way I was going for a 50" but with the recent significant price drops, it just seemed like the right thing to do. God of War II on that big screen looks damn awesome, now to put some pennies away for a PS3.

I can't see anything significant, unless you love black. That's why I went and took the plunge on a 50" PX600 on Saturday. Until 2 weeks ago there was no way I was going for a 50" but with the recent significant price drops, it just seemed like the right thing to do. God of War II on that big screen looks damn awesome, now to put some pennies away for a PS3.

Abba-solutely - PS3 on a 50" - way to go - I'm not a gamer but what I saw at Myers Saturday arvo was awsome.

Do you mind if I ask what price for the 50" ? My 'godess of war' has given the green light, so I'm in a hurry.

(Sorry folks, I know there's another thread on this, but I reckon it's all cross-reference frenzy now, as one model fades and a new one arives, then these threads inevitably wane and dissapear, until the next models that is, and we're all nutso all over again! Listening to you all, this forum is great - sounds like a bunch of rellies over the Xmas BBQ, really funny, irreverent, informative and a not a little little weird, so thanks to you all. :wacko :blink: : )

I posted a couple of days ago on the 'best price thread' regarding a price I was offered on the upcoming 70. I was trying to track down the 600 and in the process was offered the upcoming 70 for $2999 - over the phone.

What does this indicate? Well IMHO, this seems to say that the price on these units should fall from the RRP $3999 figure quite quickly. If it can be had now for $2999 - wouldn't this indicate it will hit this price pretty quickly and then lower? As this unit appears not to be the replacement for the 600, looking at 600 prices may not be the benchmark we think it is.

I'm a little bit torn to be honest. I don't really have the $$$$$$ right now to get a 600. I can get one for around $2600 without warranty. The gripes for the 70 seems to be lack of PIP and lower wattage speakers. I get PIP through my Topfield and if I want to 'care' about sound I'll play it through my amp/B&W HT speakers for shows that matter - otherwise I'd be suprised if the speakers don't hold up to scratch for 'standard' viewing. The 'ticks' for the 70 seems to be the looks and anti-glare - both which appeal to me. So, I wax and wane as to whether I should bite the bullet on a 600 and stretch the $$$$$ or see what happens to the prices on the 70's......time is running out!

I posted a couple of days ago on the 'best price thread' regarding a price I was offered on the upcoming 70. I was trying to track down the 600 and in the process was offered the upcoming 70 for $2999 - over the phone.

What does this indicate? Well IMHO, this seems to say that the price on these units should fall from the RRP $3999 figure quite quickly. If it can be had now for $2999 - wouldn't this indicate it will hit this price pretty quickly and then lower? As this unit appears not to be the replacement for the 600, looking at 600 prices may not be the benchmark we think it is.

I'm a little bit torn to be honest. I don't really have the $$$$$$ right now to get a 600. I can get one for around $2600 without warranty. The gripes for the 70 seems to be lack of PIP and lower wattage speakers. I get PIP through my Topfield and if I want to 'care' about sound I'll play it through my amp/B&W HT speakers for shows that matter - otherwise I'd be suprised if the speakers don't hold up to scratch for 'standard' viewing. The 'ticks' for the 70 seems to be the looks and anti-glare - both which appeal to me. So, I wax and wane as to whether I should bite the bullet on a 600 and stretch the $$$$$ or see what happens to the prices on the 70's......time is running out!

I can relate to that dilemna!

Significant Pros for me of the 70:

- anti glare

Significant Pros for me on the 600:

- swivel

The added bonus of the better speakers for standard viewing and possibly better price are leaning me towards the 600... better get moving I guess!

I can relate to that dilemna!

Significant Pros for me of the 70:

- anti glare

Significant Pros for me on the 600:

- swivel

The added bonus of the better speakers for standard viewing and possibly better price are leaning me towards the 600... better get moving I guess!

I have only had my PX600A for a couple of days but can honestly say that glare is not an issue at all. At night time with lights on and the TV off you can certainly see a reflection, but once you turn the TV on you don't notice it. I couldn't find a single comment about the anti glare in the 36 page brochure that was linked to on page 7 of this thread. So either the Australian models are missing out or the marketing boffins don't think that it is worth getting excited about.

The stand for the 50" PX600 does not swivel.

I paid $3,100 including 5yrs extended warranty from Good Guys. Was happy to pay an extra $100 for Good Guys warranty which is more comprehensive than HN.

If the RRP for the 50PX70A is going to be $3,999 then I would expect it would be $4,500+ for the 50PX700A. I would be very surprised if you could get a 50PX700A under $3,000 in the next 6 months. If you can then good luck, personally I won't care because I think the silver on the PX600A looks just fine. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm watching TV I am watching the program not staring at the surrounds of the TV.

I have only had my PX600A for a couple of days but can honestly say that glare is not an issue at all. At night time with lights on and the TV off you can certainly see a reflection, but once you turn the TV on you don't notice it. I couldn't find a single comment about the anti glare in the 36 page brochure that was linked to on page 7 of this thread. So either the Australian models are missing out or the marketing boffins don't think that it is worth getting excited about.

The stand for the 50" PX600 does not swivel.

I paid $3,100 including 5yrs extended warranty from Good Guys. Was happy to pay an extra $100 for Good Guys warranty which is more comprehensive than HN.

If the RRP for the 50PX70A is going to be $3,999 then I would expect it would be $4,500+ for the 50PX700A. I would be very surprised if you could get a 50PX700A under $3,000 in the next 6 months. If you can then good luck, personally I won't care because I think the silver on the PX600A looks just fine. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm watching TV I am watching the program not staring at the surrounds of the TV.

I am in the exact same position, I bit the bullet and went out and bought a 600 on the weekend, ended up paying $3K including warranty from MYER. I was just wondering have you adjusted the pic settings or just ran with the standard settings? Mine will be arriving tomorrow and thought i would check to see if anyone has any pic setting suggestions?

Cheers! :blink:

I was just wondering have you adjusted the pic settings or just ran with the standard settings? Mine will be arriving tomorrow and thought i would check to see if anyone has any pic setting suggestions?

Using the search function on the forum (Search "settings"; titles only; show as threads) brings up

(These links)

(Panasonic Px600a Calibration Settings, An attempt to make things easier) This thread should help.

J.

Apparently the release date is July,

Not mid may or early June as alot of people here have said.

"Pricing will be released when the range becomes available in July. The new Viera plasma range – Panasonic’s 10th generation PDPs – includes two 42-inch models and two 50-inch models, all but one sporting new-look black cabinets."

"The 42-inch TH-42P70A and 50-inch TH-50PX70A are both available now for RRP $2749 and RRP $3849 respectively. A high-end 50-inch Viera plasma will be released in July featuring a silver cabinet, front HDMI input and SDHC card slot. Pricing has not been confirmed. Panasonic will also release a 42-inch event model for a limited time during the third quarter."

Apparently the release date is July,

Not mid may or early June as alot of people here have said.

Its not well worded, but the sentence you are reading refers to the release date of the lcd range, so the ones we have been expecting have been released as above, but pricing hasnt been confirmed for either the lcd models mentioned nor the top of the range 1080! plasma models.

Interesting that the PX700a still has a silver strip along the bottom.....

So much for waiting for the "all-black" unit !?!

Though the PX70a seems to be all black....

The PX600s are the older model - black and silver.

The PX70a is all black - and is the newer model that people have been waiting for.

The PX600s are the older model - black and silver.

The PX70a is all black - and is the newer model that people have been waiting for.

True. Though I believe the PX700a is the replacement for the 600a.

If you click on the "more info" link and then scroll to the bottom of the page, there's a "VIERA 2007 Flat panel Brochure" pdf.

Inside this pdf is the PX700a (including images).

True. Though I believe the PX700a is the replacement for the 600a.

If you click on the "more info" link and then scroll to the bottom of the page, there's a "VIERA 2007 Flat panel Brochure" pdf.

Inside this pdf is the PX700a (including images).

It's already been pointed out that although the PX700a's are in that brochure, we're not getting them in Australia, only the PX70s. Then later in the year the PZ series (maybes not the 42" PZ, but I'm not sure on this).

It's already been pointed out that although the PX700a's are in that brochure, we're not getting them in Australia, only the PX70s. Then later in the year the PZ series (maybes not the 42" PZ, but I'm not sure on this).

Remember that we weren't getting the 600a series either (according to panasonic) when the 60 series first came out.

They are not really helpful with upcoming models (maybe they dont have any control over which models arrive and when)

What are the added features of these over the current outgoing models?? Nowhere does it tell you the actual resolution, just 1080p processing which does not mean 1920x1080!!!

What are the added features of these over the current outgoing models?? Nowhere does it tell you the actual resolution, just 1080p processing which does not mean 1920x1080!!!

That's right. But they never said that they were 1080 screens. They're 1366 x 768 like the predecessors which the catalogue specifies.

The new ones look nicer and they all have digital turners now and gen 10 screens and some anti-glare treatment? Apart from that, pretty much the same.