Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

The PX70 (42") is advertised today as a pre order in a Betta Electrical catalogue $2499.

$300 off, hardly a bargain.

Sorry, I re-read my post and it may be misinterpreted.

The PX70 has been announced. I expect stock by 15/5, but late May is the official line.

No official word on when / if PX700 is coming to Oz.

42" & 50" (and I hope the 58") PZ700 is CERTAINLY coming, (Reps are talking (albeit coy in your words) about them) expect Early - Mid July. Pioneer will release 42", 50" & 61" Full HD around the same time. (Pioneer PDP5000ex will be replaced)

Pricing:

TH42PX70 - $2799

TH50PX70 - $3999

TH42PZ700 - $4999

TH50PZ700 - $6499

Pio 42" Full HD - $5999-$6499

Pio 50" Full HD - $7999

Pio 61" Full HD - $10,999

That's pretty concrete as far as RRP.

Hi Nis

Great to see some pricing for the new range. Thanks for that.

I am aware that the PZ series has not been announced officially. However, looking at your posts with pricing, is the pricing for the PZ series now concrete too?

Going by the US prices of the other new PX models the PZs seem to be overpriced (not even mentioning the exchange rate). The TH42PZ700 should be ~A$3999 and the TH50PZ700 not more than A$5599. Any information on the greater difference on the PZ series?

Hi Nis

Great to see some pricing for the new range. Thanks for that.

I am aware that the PZ series has not been announced officially. However, looking at your posts with pricing, is the pricing for the PZ series now concrete too?

Going by the US prices of the other new PX models the PZs seem to be overpriced (not even mentioning the exchange rate). The TH42PZ700 should be ~A$3999 and the TH50PZ700 not more than A$5599. Any information on the greater difference on the PZ series?

That was the expected RRP for Australia 3-4 weeks ago according to fairly reliable Panasonic sources. The Pioneer will remain unchanged I believe, but Panasonic really wants to be number 1, so expect them to match or better the new X series on price. (20% would be expected)

So if the new KDL40X2500 is $4499 RRP, then I would expect $3999 for a TH42PZ700.

If anyone is interested, i emailed Panasonic Australia about if/when they will be bringing into OZ the 'PZ750' series as well as the 'PZ700' range.

The 'PZ750' series has the 3 x HDMI and h.264 playback/record on the SD Card.

They replied that the 'PZ700' series will be brought in but not the 'PZ750'.

That was the expected RRP for Australia 3-4 weeks ago according to fairly reliable Panasonic sources. The Pioneer will remain unchanged I believe, but Panasonic really wants to be number 1, so expect them to match or better the new X series on price. (20% would be expected)

So if the new KDL40X2500 is $4499 RRP, then I would expect $3999 for a TH42PZ700.

Hi Nis How do you know so much? are you a retailer? sorry i dont mean to be rude just curious as to your source of information on the new models.

Hi Nis How do you know so much? are you a retailer? sorry i dont mean to be rude just curious as to your source of information on the new models.

Yes. I work on the floor, I talk to our buyers, I know the leading reps well.

I won't say where I work, but if you read through my posts you'd probably get an idea.

Hi Nis,

I seem to remember reading somewhere about the new model having an anti-glare coating on the glass? Can you confirm or deny?! (Or is it a bullet point for something that already exists)

I'm in Melbourne... so if you can give me a price I would appreciate it. (Wouldn't be able to buy until early June when renos are done... but sounds like that is about the same time the new panel will actually hit retail)

Thanks.

Yes true that is one of its major new features

The only difference I can see between the PX70A and the PX7 seems to be one HDMI input.

Am I missing something?

Now, do I wait for the 7's or snap up a 600 series while they are reduced?

Edited by Minkey

Minkey......Sif wait a few weeks for the ugly black 7 series when you can get yourself a noice 600A with the high fashion silver surround now :blink:

So, any ideas what a TH-50PX700A will go for?

Yes true that is one of its major new features

Hi Mikey,

Can you confirm that it will find its way into the PX70 as well as the PX700?

Having a look at the catalogue posted as well as the RRP price points given by Nis, I'm actually leaning back towards picking up a 50 inch PX600 that seem to be going reasonably cheaply. PX700 will be pricier... and the PX70 seems to lack the nicer speakers and swivel stand that I prefer.

Nis

Any thoughts on this?

I try not to comment on specs of products I haven't seen.

I'm surprised reading the review, as Pioneer sources where excited about the Full HD 61" (not 60" as reviewed) at $10,999. (Same price as current PDP5000ex - Full HD 50")

I'd be surprised if they offered a 60" 1366x768 (at that price) and a 61" Full HD. Also, I think around $12k (according to the article) is a bit hard to believe when the current 506 is $5799 RRP, and the LG 60" is $5499.

What would you buy; a Full HD 50" Pioneer for $7999 or a (regular 1366x768) 60" at $12,000?

so whats the diff between the PX70 and the PX700A?

I think it's already been covered in this thread, have a look. Links to actual manuals available.

The PX700 gets:

better sound

Pip

Swivel Stand?

Is it coming to Australia?

No time soon. Why bother, if you want to spend more, buy the best: PZ700

Panasonic 2007(May) Flat Panel Displays Brochure (PDF 3.23MB)

Plasmas included:-

TH-50PX700A

TH-50PX70A

TH-42PX70A

TH-42PX7A

LCDs included:-

TX-32LXD700A

TX-32LXD70A

TX-26LXD70A

Thanks, interesting that at the moment no Aus launch date/price is available for the 50PX700A while it's included in the brochure material and that the PZ700 model does have an expected/discussed availability date but it is not mentioned.

I try not to comment on specs of products I haven't seen.

I'm surprised reading the review, as Pioneer sources where excited about the Full HD 61" (not 60" as reviewed) at $10,999. (Same price as current PDP5000ex - Full HD 50")

I'd be surprised if they offered a 60" 1366x768 (at that price) and a 61" Full HD. Also, I think around $12k (according to the article) is a bit hard to believe when the current 506 is $5799 RRP, and the LG 60" is $5499.

What would you buy; a Full HD 50" Pioneer for $7999 or a (regular 1366x768) 60" at $12,000?

Thanks Nis, hopefully all will be revealled soon.

Re the Full HD models.

Is it the PZ750 model that has the extra tweaks fine tuning. ie colour calibration?

As according to the review on the posted link, the PZ700 doesnt have that function. And as the PZ700 supposedly has green and red colour bleeding, without the calibration controls the colour cant be made to any exacting standard.

Hi Mikey,

Can you confirm that it will find its way into the PX70 as well as the PX700?

Having a look at the catalogue posted as well as the RRP price points given by Nis, I'm actually leaning back towards picking up a 50 inch PX600 that seem to be going reasonably cheaply. PX700 will be pricier... and the PX70 seems to lack the nicer speakers and swivel stand that I prefer.

apparently all 70/700 series will have the new coating to reduce glare try this link to cnet editors review http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_TH_50PX7...16.html?tag=lst

Eastwood HiFi's gossip page has this info on the new PX70a 50 and 42 inch plasma prices. :blink:

Quote ["Panasonic will release the new 50" Plasma with integrated HD tuner, TH-50PX70A, in the next week or so and at around $3500 it's the same price as the outgoing model. Performance is similar although it has a new gloss black surround with better inbuilt speakers. Panel is 1366 X 768 with 1080p compatibility (don't ask - just go to their web site for an explanation). The 42" TN-42PX70A will be released around the same time at around $2499 with 1024 X 768 pixels and integrated HD tuner."] End quote

http://www.eastwoodhifi.com.au/THE_SHOP.HTM

Re the Full HD models.

Is it the PZ750 model that has the extra tweaks fine tuning. ie colour calibration?

As according to the review on the posted link, the PZ700 doesnt have that function. And as the PZ700 supposedly has green and red colour bleeding, without the calibration controls the colour cant be made to any exacting standard.

If that's the case, then there's another reason why I prefer the PZ750.

However, we're not going to get it apparently.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...st&p=659645

Although, I'm going to email them again in a few months time because Panasonic have been full of sh!t when i emailed them a few times in the past.

I have been cross-checking 06 vs 07 brochures, and I think Lyno (May 1 & 2 entries) has it right - the replacement for the 50PX600 is the 50PX700 - NOT the 50PX70.

The PX70 model is really a PV60 with a tuner and SPDIF output added, and its face painted black, and it looks like it will be $3000 - $3500 - ie with no PIP etc, only 20w speakers, no SRS stuff and the ugly stand.

At present, the 50" PX600 is going 'run-out' mode for less than $3000 if you can find them, whereas indications are the 50PX700 (when it arrives!) will be greater than $4500 at first - and all I can see that is different is the black face paint and the anti-glare coating (so called G10 screen, which otherwise seems the same as G9).

Can anyone tell me if there is any improvements other than these - I did read a review that said the '07 remotes 'felt better' but other than that, it looks a marketing excercise at present.

If not, I'm out the door to grab me an older model, yee ha. :blink: