Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

Hi Nis,

I seem to remember reading somewhere about the new model having an anti-glare coating on the glass? Can you confirm or deny?! (Or is it a bullet point for something that already exists)

Fairly certain that the anti-glare is only available on the PX700 and PZ700 (full HD).

So the PZ750 series with the H.264 playback on the SD Card slot is not coming to OZ then?

I'm in Melbourne... so if you can give me a price I would appreciate it. (Wouldn't be able to buy until early June when renos are done... but sounds like that is about the same time the new panel will actually hit retail)

Thanks.

Rooney, tried to PM you but it's turned off.

They are not the same. The PX70 is inferior to the PX600 but it is black, which is apparently important to some. Anyone who wishes to dispute this please read the specs in the manuals linked to in page 4 of this thread. The PX600, 42" and 50", have 31W output, the PX70, 42" and 50", has only 20W output. The PX600 has PIP the PX70 doesn't. To get the 31W speakers and PIP you have to go for the PX700, which is potentially only going to be available in 50" and apparently not available immediately. Obviously the PX700 is going to be more than the PX70 but by how much is the question.

Correct. As far as PQ though, it is the same screen and processor as the PX600 - the PQ should be the same. It does look considerably better. Sorry I didn't pay any attention to the sound, I was looking at various products in a short period.

Despite a few shortcomings, Panasonic's will reign as number 1 plasma for some time as Samsung and LG are no comparsion. And at the price point Pioneer is $1700 dearer (42"), or 61% dearer for very similiar PQ.

I'm a retailer, so shouldn't we see these products first? I won't say where.

They don't need to admit it. All retailers are running out or have run out of stock of the PX700s. When retailers are selling the floor stock, isn't it obvious???

So,... PX700 is around in stores ?? Are you saying that you can offer the PX700 at sub-$3k, which is what people are negotiating for the PX600 ? Feel free to PM me a price on a 50" PX?00.

Jim.....

Rooney, tried to PM you but it's turned off.

Sorry Nis - just realised I do not have enough posts to be able to use this feature yet. (I think that's the problem anyway...)

You could email arunJD AT hotmail dot com

Thanks.

The same, but black speakers and stand. The price IS the same, $3999. Haggling will net the same price as the PX600. If you where in Melbourne I'd give you a price.

Nis200979 Thanks for the information you are posting.

Just want to clarify. Is both the TH-50PX70A AND TH-50PX700A going to be available late MAY? And the RRP for both is $3999?

i.e. The TH-50PX700A will also be available in late MAY and the RRP is $3999. I would have thought Panasonic would price the 50PX700A series higher then

the 50PX70 models.

If possible please message me a price on a The TH-50PX700A as I am in Melbourne.

Thanks,

Rob

PS Pioneer are apperantly having a worldwide announcement in Rome for their new 8th Gen Plasma panel on the 7th May.

Have you heard anything about their new models?

PS Pioneer are apperantly having a worldwide announcement in Rome for their new 8th Gen Plasma panel on the 7th May.

Have you heard anything about their new models?

From what I can gather, they are just incremental improvements, much like the new Panasonics. It's the 9th Gen panels that are touted as being the next great leap forward......

From what I can gather, they are just incremental improvements, much like the new Panasonics. It's the 9th Gen panels that are touted as being the next great leap forward......

The marketing speak sounds impressive but only time will tell what they deliver. The information was announced at CES in January 2007.

Check out: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/p...6277724,00.html

Key characteristics of the new displays include:

Black levels in the new display far exceed previous Pioneer plasmas, making dark scenes darker while maintaining clarity of detail. This is the result of reducing the minimum luminance level by 80 percent. The test equipment typically used to determine the variance between peak white and peak black does not have great enough range to measure Pioneer’s new display so a contrast ratio specification is not yet determined.

Rich colors in dark scenes are a second benefit of the lower luminance levels and deeper blacks. The new display reproduces colors with greater richness and accuracy even in dark scenes.

Performance in bright rooms is significantly improved with a newly engineered filter that minimizes the effect of ambient light so the display is able to maintain deep black levels regardless of lighting conditions. Pioneer will demonstrate the display in both bright and dark lighting conditions to simulate a retail environment and the typical American living room. In both cases, black levels remain deep and colors are intense.

For a picture showing the models expected see link below..

http://www.minhembio.com/bild/147111.jpg

Nis200979 Thanks for the information you are posting.

Just want to clarify. Is both the TH-50PX70A AND TH-50PX700A going to be available late MAY? And the RRP for both is $3999?

i.e. The TH-50PX700A will also be available in late MAY and the RRP is $3999. I would have thought Panasonic would price the 50PX700A series higher then

the 50PX70 models.

If possible please message me a price on a The TH-50PX700A as I am in Melbourne.

No confirmation on whether we will get the PX700 range yet. But the PZ700 hasn;t been announced for Australia formally so that doesn;t mean much.

New ETA is 15/5 through my work, but Panasonic is still quoting Late May, we'll see.

With the difference in specs, the PX700 would be more expensive, or the PX70 would drop. (RRP for PX600 was $4299, so PX70 is $300 cheaper (50"), and TH42PX600 was $2999, PX70 is $200 cheaper)

No confirmation on whether we will get the PX700 range yet. But the PZ700 hasn;t been announced for Australia formally so that doesn;t mean much.

New ETA is 15/5 through my work, but Panasonic is still quoting Late May, we'll see.

With the difference in specs, the PX700 would be more expensive, or the PX70 would drop. (RRP for PX600 was $4299, so PX70 is $300 cheaper (50"), and TH42PX600 was $2999, PX70 is $200 cheaper)

In January, I was told June by a very reliable source who has since left the electronic industry. LCD's are wreaking havoc on market share so expect RRP to drop quite quickly on new line up. I asked a retailer tonight, they couldn't look me in the eye and were coy about release date, it's coming soon. I'm referring to the PZ700, not sure about the rest

In January, I was told June by a very reliable source who has since left the electronic industry. LCD's are wreaking havoc on market share so expect RRP to drop quite quickly on new line up. I asked a retailer tonight, they couldn't look me in the eye and were coy about release date, it's coming soon. I'm referring to the PZ700, not sure about the rest

Sorry, I re-read my post and it may be misinterpreted.

The PX70 has been announced. I expect stock by 15/5, but late May is the official line.

No official word on when / if PX700 is coming to Oz.

42" & 50" (and I hope the 58") PZ700 is CERTAINLY coming, (Reps are talking (albeit coy in your words) about them) expect Early - Mid July. Pioneer will release 42", 50" & 61" Full HD around the same time. (Pioneer PDP5000ex will be replaced)

Pricing:

TH42PX70 - $2799

TH50PX70 - $3999

TH42PZ700 - $4999

TH50PZ700 - $6499

Pio 42" Full HD - $5999-$6499

Pio 50" Full HD - $7999

Pio 61" Full HD - $10,999

That's pretty concrete as far as RRP.

The same, but black speakers and stand. The price IS the same, $3999. Haggling will net the same price as the PX600. If you where in Melbourne I'd give you a price.

Mate I'm in Melbourne and I have a group of 20 to 25 people that want to purchase together. I have lead the charge and would like to wrap it up soon please email me ppfeiffer@mfbb.vic.gov.au .

15/05 is not far away. Panasonic still has not put any information up on it's website.

Has Panasonic provided a spec sheet that would show what is different between the PX70 and PX700.

From information I have found the PX700 has PIP (Picture in Picture), PAP (Picture and Picture), and much better speakers i.e. SRS and anti reflective coating which is supposed to significantly reduce reflections.

Rob

Sorry, I re-read my post and it may be misinterpreted.

The PX70 has been announced. I expect stock by 15/5, but late May is the official line.

No official word on when / if PX700 is coming to Oz.

42" & 50" (and I hope the 58") PZ700 is CERTAINLY coming, (Reps are talking (albeit coy in your words) about them) expect Early - Mid July. Pioneer will release 42", 50" & 61" Full HD around the same time. (Pioneer PDP5000ex will be replaced)

Pricing:

TH42PX70 - $2799

TH50PX70 - $3999

TH42PZ700 - $4999

TH50PZ700 - $6499

Pio 42" Full HD - $5999-$6499

Pio 50" Full HD - $7999

Pio 61" Full HD - $10,999

Thanks for the expected RRP for the new upcoming Pioneer 42, 50 and 61 Full HD models. Any info on when their standard i.e. PX70/PX700 equivalent panels are coming and expected RRP?

Guest tom smud
They are not the same. The PX70 is inferior to the PX600 but it is black, which is apparently important to some. Anyone who wishes to dispute this please read the specs in the manuals linked to in page 4 of this thread. The PX600, 42" and 50", have 31W output, the PX70, 42" and 50", has only 20W output. The PX600 has PIP the PX70 doesn't. To get the 31W speakers and PIP you have to go for the PX700, which is potentially only going to be available in 50" and apparently not available immediately. Obviously the PX700 is going to be more than the PX70 but by how much is the question.

the pip on the 600 i feel to b very ordinary considering u can pip to or from hd sourse

the pip on the 600 i feel to b very ordinary considering u can pip to or from hd sourse

Probably the the best Pip out there is the LG Pip, very easy to use and pretty quick. Only PIPs with anlogue and Video1 & 2, no component, HDMi or VGA. Shame I don't really like LG.

Samsung is rubbish, very selective what it will PIP, only HDMI and VGA, or something like that. Not very useful.

Panasonic is somewhere in the middle. You use (like most PIP) anlogue in one window and digital in the other. (You can also use Composite, Component and I think HDMI) Not as intuitive as LG, but useful for flicking.

Thanks for the expected RRP for the new upcoming Pioneer 42, 50 and 61 Full HD models. Any info on when their standard i.e. PX70/PX700 equivalent panels are coming and expected RRP?

Pioneer will only have one model of Full HD to start with. The PDP5000ex will be discontinued. (Pioneer is a company that says quality is first, it would look stupid to have 3 models in the range, one good, one better, one best.)

They will continue with the (regular) HD range spec plasma for quite some time I believe, whether it's the 427 / 507 or new ones, I don't know.

nis200979 - I don't have enough posts to PM, but am wondering if you could email me a quote on a TH50PX70 and TH42PX70. I'm in Melbourne. carveman AT gmail DOT com

For comparison's sake, my best quote on a 50px600a is $3200 w/ 5yr and Delivery from Retravision in Armadale

Pricing:

TH42PX70 - $2799

TH50PX70 - $3999

TH42PZ700 - $4999

TH50PZ700 - $6499

Just saw the new PV replacement in the Betta Electrical catalogue for $2499 w built in tuner

That 61 inch pioneer sounds oh so tempting. Will it be full HD?

That 61 inch pioneer sounds oh so tempting. Will it be full HD?

For $10,999 yes. Pretty good value compared to the PDP5000ex

For $10,999 yes. Pretty good value compared to the PDP5000ex

Indeed, and much cheaper than Panasonic's 65 inch beast (albeit 4 inches smaller)

Indeed, and much cheaper than Panasonic's 65 inch beast (albeit 4 inches smaller)

Although if available in Australia, expect the 58" Full HD to be much cheaper again. On average, a Pioneer is $1500 dearer for any given size. A quality 5yr warranty is anywhere between $450 - $550, installation from $150-$350, in the end there isn't much in it.

The PX70 (42") is advertised today as a pre order in a Betta Electrical catalogue $2499.