Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

Hasnt that been the pixel policy all along?

Generally making it Panasonics discretion to replace a screen with dead pixels.

People used to throw figures around saying up to 5 dead pixels was fine unless they were in an obvious central position. But it was always the manufacturers right to decide on replacing etc.

Hasnt that been the pixel policy all along?

I read here somewhere that Pioneer will give you a loaner while they get you a new Plasma if you have a bad pixel

True?

But the smart money would be for me to use the cash on a house deposit I've built up (because it might be the difference between mortgage insurance or not) and then get a screen afterwards but then the screen will be higher in price even if it will look better.

I would encourage you to save up for your house deposit first. As for "the screen will be higher in price" it's a false alarm on your part -- generally new releases are a bit more expensive at first, but in a few months they drop to even lower than the previous models. As current trends go the longer you wait the more value for money you'll get; and more so if you have an added reason to wait.

i know what you mean re getting the 1080p or the Semi HD 50" (1366 x 768). But ask yourself this, how far are you going to be sitting from the display?

Will you notice the resolution difference?

Why do you think you'll be better off?

Reading forums etc and info gathered from other sites. At the end of the day 1080p is certainly better, but for 95% of people do they need it?

Id ideally love one but know that besides wank factor im personally not going to benefit from it.

For starters my viewing distance will be 2-3 metres at minimum from a 50" screen. Therefore the difference isnt noticeable.

How much content will be 1080p to really notice the difference? (Very minimal, atleast for a long while)

For most people I bet they dont know how 1080p will make their viewing experience any different.

A classic example are the people that watch DVDs and have a DVD collection based on burnt copies, which are very inferior to the original as picture quality is stripped to get them to fit on a single sided DVD.

Alot of people even then say they dont notice the difference.

So anyway the point through all this, without a 1080p screen, are you really going to feel you settled for 2nd best?

As for pricing, i'd say your guesstimates are on the ball, but rumour has it they will be even lower as the competition are selling comparable screens for less than that.

Personally I think the 42 & 50 inch Semi HD screens will have a street price similar to current pricing and I base that on the trends over previous years with new releases.

When the new 10th Gen comes out, as with the past, pricing will be similar to what they are now and to run out the existing model they'll drop a marginal amount. So in theory when the 10th gen comes out, perhaps due to supply & demand economics, it will cost around the vicinty of $100-$300 more than the cash price for the 9th Gen panels on the given day.

I agree. As much as 1080p is technically better, I think that it is only of major benefit the larger the screen size gets.

Most people do not sit close enough to their TV's to warrant such a high resolution on a 42 - 50" panel.

Start jumping up to 60-70" panels and SD or EHD can start to look average. Going full-HD on these panels makes them look fantastic......but at present the price-point for these large panels are only for the HT diehards, or those with enough expendable cash to afford one.

As the prices fall and more people can afford these panels (and buy them), 1080p is sure to jump ahead in leaps & bounds and HD-DVD/Bluray along with HDTV will increase (due to market demand)....though currently, the 42-50" market is at the point where alot of people are tempted to spend a few thousand dollars to get a remarkable jump in technology from their 68cm CRT's.....and in 5-10 years time, those people will be happy to spend another few thousand dollars to move up to the next generation of TV (whatever that may be).

I would encourage you to save up for your house deposit first. As for "the screen will be higher in price" it's a false alarm on your part -- generally new releases are a bit more expensive at first, but in a few months they drop to even lower than the previous models. As current trends go the longer you wait the more value for money you'll get; and more so if you have an added reason to wait.

Yeah, I've got the deposit I ws aiming for but I've just decided that I'll get a townhouse instead of a brick house which means that my deposit is a larger percentage and I'm (hopefully) within striking distance of not paying mortgage insurance. Mind you, one of the guys had a 20% deposit and he still paid it and felt the bank made them pay it because it was his first house loan.

The other thing is that 3k off the loan now (in the long run) is worth more than saving 1.5 - 2k in an expense in a months time.

The smart option is definately to get the newer screen later when I've saved for it. I just want to enjoy big screen viewing after working 50 - 60 hr weeks for a few months hahaha

Here's the first review of their 50" 1080P plasma:

http://hdguru.com/?p=100

Looks like a great product

In conclusion, the Panasonic TH-50PZ750 is simply the best high definition display I have ever reviewed

Sounds like he liked it :blink:

Here's the first review of their 50" 1080P plasma:

http://hdguru.com/?p=100

Looks like a great product

Thanks for the review, the model reviewed is the TH-50PZ750. Is that model coming to OZ?

The 50PZ700 is coming sometime in Sept from what I have been told but have not heard about the PZ750.

Anyone seen any reviews of the TH-50PZ700 or the TH-50PX700?

In another thread someone mentioned that Panasonic is bringing out 1080p 50" displays in their professional range in the next few weeks.

Been keeping a look out for info on the Panasonic 2007 models but I have not heard anything. Anyone got any info?

Rob

Thanks for the review, the model reviewed is the TH-50PZ750. Is that model coming to OZ?

The 50PZ700 is coming sometime in Sept from what I have been told but have not heard about the PZ750.

Anyone seen any reviews of the TH-50PZ700 or the TH-50PX700?

It's probably the same model. The US seem to change model numbers and names to make them feel good because they're buying something 'better'. The UK site only lists 70 and 700 models, no 750.

I wonder if that pricing indicates that it could land here with an RRP of 5 - 6k?

Any more guestimates on pricing? I'm guessing 7-8k for the 50 1080 model and 4-5k for the 50 768.

I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm keen on a 50. Would love the 50 1080 but it will be outside my price range. So, I was going to get the outgoing 50 because it's cheap and good and the biggest improvement (from what I've read so far) between it and the new model is that it loses the silver. But the smart money would be for me to use the cash on a house deposit I've built up (because it might be the difference between mortgage insurance or not) and then get a screen afterwards but then the screen will be higher in price even if it will look better.

*sigh*

TH42PX70 RRP $2799 (Concrete)

TH50PX70 RRP $3999 (Concrete)

Expected RRP

TH42PZ700 RRP $4999

TH50PZ700 RRP $6499-$6999

Pioneer range of Full HD

42" $6499

50" $7999

61" $10999

Expect the Full HD 4-6 weeks after the new Pansonic PDPs. Late may/early June for PX range. Early July Full HD we hope.

Looks like the PX7 and 70 use the same stand as the PV. Please tell me it aint so! Pana how could you!!!

Yep, they have black stands, virtually the same as the PV60 range. Look good in black though, but still not happy.

Wow, 15.5wpc at only 10% THD. Amazing quality there, I'll have to throw my other speakers out.

10% THD isn't really acceptable by audio standards, but obviously the Panasonic and Pioneer PDPs are in a different league to every other flat panel manufacturer, sound worth listening to.

Up to 75% or so volume is quite reasonable, and they (both) have good bass for integrated speakers.

TH42PX70 RRP $2799 (Concrete)

TH50PX70 RRP $3999 (Concrete)

Expected RRP

TH42PZ700 RRP $4999

TH50PZ700 RRP $6499-$6999

Do you have any idea on pricing for the PX700?

A post on the previous page of this thread had a link to a manual for the TH42PX7A, a combined manual for the TH42PX70A and the TH50PX70A, and a manual for the TH50PX700A. I am hoping that I am wrong, but I am assuming that this means there will not be a TH42PX700A, which is the model that I was planning on getting. :blink:

Do you have any idea on pricing for the PX700?

A post on the previous page of this thread had a link to a manual for the TH42PX7A, a combined manual for the TH42PX70A and the TH50PX70A, and a manual for the TH50PX700A. I am hoping that I am wrong, but I am assuming that this means there will not be a TH42PX700A, which is the model that I was planning on getting. :blink:

PX7A?? We won't get them. The Australian models are as listed above. End of May PX70, PZ70 end of June, early July.

I already have the RRP and cost of the PX70 series, PZ700 is a way off.

PX7A?? We won't get them. The Australian models are as listed above. End of May PX70, PZ70 end of June, early July.

I already have the RRP and cost of the PX70 series, PZ700 is a way off.

The post that I referred to on the previous page has links to the manuals. They are Australian manuals so I would assume that they must be coming eventually.

Based on what I could glean from these manuals I would say that the PX70 is not a viable alternative to the current PX600. No PIP and it doesn't have the improved speakers. The PX700 does have these features, but it doesn't look like there will be a 42".

I think I might have to go out and get me a PX600, if I can find somewhere that still has them in stock.

The post that I referred to on the previous page has links to the manuals. They are Australian manuals so I would assume that they must be coming eventually.

Based on what I could glean from these manuals I would say that the PX70 is not a viable alternative to the current PX600. No PIP and it doesn't have the improved speakers. The PX700 does have these features, but it doesn't look like there will be a 42".

I think I might have to go out and get me a PX600, if I can find somewhere that still has them in stock.

Should be the same as the TH42PX70U from the states.

Apart from the 1080 PZ700 panels which come out later in the year are we getting one version or two of the semi HD panels.

ie are we getting replacemenst for the PV60a and the PX600a or just one of them?

Al

Apart from the 1080 PZ700 panels which come out later in the year are we getting one version or two of the semi HD panels.

ie are we getting replacemenst for the PV60a and the PX600a or just one of them?

Al

I gather it will be the same as last year with the 9th Generation release of the panels. The PV70 will be released first and then a few months later the PX700.

I dont beleive there is any info on it as such yet as Panasonic arent revealing any news as to the new displays.

I gather it will be the same as last year with the 9th Generation release of the panels. The PV70 will be released first and then a few months later the PX700.

I dont beleive there is any info on it as such yet as Panasonic arent revealing any news as to the new displays.

I've already seen the PX70, albeit the TH-42PX70. It retails at $2799 (I have the cost price too, but I won't share that) and should be available by the end of May. It is CONCRETE that Australia will receive the TH-42PX70 and TH-50PX70.

We will then (in due course) get the TH-42PZ700 and TH-50PZ700. I hope we also get the TH-58PZ700 but I haven't heard anything yet.

All have inbuilt HD tuners. The PZ range have 3 HDMI, the PX have 2 HDMI.

I believe the PX range is the same 9th gen screen and processors as the PX600 range, and the PZ range is a 10th gen screen.

Hi everyone - great forum, great information.

I'm in a major dilemma whether to purchase the 50" PX600 now, at the prices you guys are mentioning recently (say $3000 - $3200 exc warranty) or wait for the 700 new release - maybe more expensive (at least for 6 months maybe??) and maybe inferior (lesser quality speakers?). I don't mind the extra $$'s if the specs are as good or better, and I can live with a silver bezel, tho' black does sound better.

Can anyone say whether the 700's are going to be the same, better or inferior? There are still a few of the PX600's around (JB's in Myaree, Perth), but I suspect running out fast - aaaggghh, decisions, decisions ! :blink:

Thats interesting. Where have you seen this particular screen?

Funny how Panasonic still dont admit to releasing a newer model and they dont have it on their site yet.

Hi everyone - great forum, great information.

I'm in a major dilemma whether to purchase the 50" PX600 now, at the prices you guys are mentioning recently (say $3000 - $3200 exc warranty) or wait for the 700 new release - maybe more expensive (at least for 6 months maybe??) and maybe inferior (lesser quality speakers?). I don't mind the extra $$'s if the specs are as good or better, and I can live with a silver bezel, tho' black does sound better.

Can anyone say whether the 700's are going to be the same, better or inferior? There are still a few of the PX600's around (JB's in Myaree, Perth), but I suspect running out fast - aaaggghh, decisions, decisions ! :blink:

The same, but black speakers and stand. The price IS the same, $3999. Haggling will net the same price as the PX600. If you where in Melbourne I'd give you a price.

Thats interesting. Where have you seen this particular screen?

Funny how Panasonic still dont admit to releasing a newer model and they dont have it on their site yet.

I'm a retailer, so shouldn't we see these products first? I won't say where.

They don't need to admit it. All retailers are running out or have run out of stock of the PX700s. When retailers are selling the floor stock, isn't it obvious???

If a retailer or salesperson doesn't tell you about the new model, find a different saleperson. One who cares, and one who has a clue.

The same, but black speakers and stand. The price IS the same, $3999. Haggling will net the same price as the PX600. If you where in Melbourne I'd give you a price.

Hi Nis,

I seem to remember reading somewhere about the new model having an anti-glare coating on the glass? Can you confirm or deny?! (Or is it a bullet point for something that already exists)

I'm in Melbourne... so if you can give me a price I would appreciate it. (Wouldn't be able to buy until early June when renos are done... but sounds like that is about the same time the new panel will actually hit retail)

Thanks.

They are not the same. The PX70 is inferior to the PX600 but it is black, which is apparently important to some. Anyone who wishes to dispute this please read the specs in the manuals linked to in page 4 of this thread. The PX600, 42" and 50", have 31W output, the PX70, 42" and 50", has only 20W output. The PX600 has PIP the PX70 doesn't. To get the 31W speakers and PIP you have to go for the PX700, which is potentially only going to be available in 50" and apparently not available immediately. Obviously the PX700 is going to be more than the PX70 but by how much is the question.