Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

Advice, anyone? CNet rated the 42" PZ as one of the best they've seen.

I dont see a 42"PZ700 on pana web site only 50"

The 50" and 58" PZs are on the Panasonic Australia website.

The 42PZ70 and 42PZ700 are available in the UK

I know that it's no guarentee they will make it out to Oz as we don't get the 37" 720p models out here

The 50" and 58" PZs are on the Panasonic Australia website.

The 42PZ70 and 42PZ700 are available in the UK

I know that it's no guarentee they will make it out to Oz as we don't get the 37" 720p models out here

The following Aust site is selling the 42 inch model. So good chance they are releasing it. Not sure why you would want to buy one though.

http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/asps/type1.asp

Agreed. I am more than happy with my 50". A 42" unit just wouldn't look right anymore

The following Aust site is selling the 42 inch model. So good chance they are releasing it. Not sure why you would want to buy one though.

http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/asps/type1.asp

My friend at HN informed me the Panasonic Rep has said the 42" PZ700 will released in October. He also said it is in their system with a $3999 RRP already.

As I said before, the reason why I want one is that a 50" is too large for my bedroom.

And can someone tell me what the Panasonic Tech's review had to say.

Thanks guys.

And can someone tell me what the Panasonic Tech's review had to say.

Wouldn't it be a glowing report as it's a Panasonic Tech reporting on one of their own products??? :P

Wouldn't it be a glowing report as it's a Panasonic Tech reporting on one of their own products??? :P

Touche. :D

Seriously, is it worth it to buy this TV?

you need to consider how far you will be viewing the screen from, as I read the distance charts you need to be 1.8metre's from the screen (42inch 1920x1080 res).

see here http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=16325

1.8M is just about spot on for my viewing distance. It may be a little further when I'm in bed, but sitting at my CPU, it is almost exact.

I'm probably going to buy the 42PX7A sometime this weekend. I've been reading through this entire thread trying to see what price I should be able to get it for, but there hasn't been anything mentioned lately.

I'm aiming for $1650 + $150 for a 3 year extended warranty.

Am I reasonably likely to get it for that amount?

I'm probably going to buy the 42PX7A sometime this weekend. I've been reading through this entire thread trying to see what price I should be able to get it for, but there hasn't been anything mentioned lately.

I'm aiming for $1650 + $150 for a 3 year extended warranty.

Am I reasonably likely to get it for that amount?

From what I've read on these forums, the answer is yes, but you will have to push hard. Please post how you go, I am looking at helping by brother in law buy one of these sets soon. :)

Make sure you allow $50 to $100 for a surge protector power board, unless you have one already.

Good luck!

Hey I picked up the 7a for $1900 with 3 years warranty, upscaling DVD player and delivery from DSE about 3or 4 weeks ago.

Cheers.

Saw the 50PZ700 in the felsh at the GG. It was showing FTA channel 10 motor racing which is a good test. Don't know how they set it up but after waiting for so long, I must say I am underwhelmed at its performance. Side by Side to the PX, no discernable difference, even up close.

Better wait for others' findings but at this rate the 42PX7A is superb value at $1650 as it looked very similar to the 70A and the higher spec'd models above.

now if you love your DVD via Blu-Ray, pls ask for a demo, don't go on my advice. But if you love your sport, the search for the holy grail continues, maybe the Pio ?

Saw the 50PZ700 in the felsh at the GG. It was showing FTA channel 10 motor racing which is a good test. Don't know how they set it up but after waiting for so long, I must say I am underwhelmed at its performance. Side by Side to the PX, no discernable difference, even up close.

Better wait for others' findings but at this rate the 42PX7A is superb value at $1650 as it looked very similar to the 70A and the higher spec'd models above.

now if you love your DVD via Blu-Ray, pls ask for a demo, don't go on my advice. But if you love your sport, the search for the holy grail continues, maybe the Pio ?

Saw this 50" 1080p panel also on Friday at JB HiFi in Chatswood... it was just out of the box playing a 30sec or so blu ray loop. I was a little

underwhelmed also, the picture seemed pretty washed out and the blacks were not as good as the 52" Sharp LCD next to it, though

i think with some calibration it could improve.

Saw this 50" 1080p panel also on Friday at JB HiFi in Chatswood... it was just out of the box playing a 30sec or so blu ray loop. I was a little

underwhelmed also, the picture seemed pretty washed out and the blacks were not as good as the 52" Sharp LCD next to it, though

Has anyone seen these in Brisbane, still waiting to see it alongside the Fuji. So far the old Fuji cant be beaten.

Went to the same place you did this afternoon and it looked comparatively much better with blu-ray than FTA. They said they couldn't show FTA but at least I had seen it prior. Also had a look at the 7A vs 70A and the 70A looked a lot sharper until I asked to see the settings. The 70A sharpness was set at mid level, the 7A was set to 0. When I set them up like for like (zero sharpness) you can not tell them apart, both looked quite good with FTA sport

I believe you have seen the Pio at a private showing / launch ? What do you think, is it worth paying the $2.5K premium ($1650 vs approx $4k?) for the 42" Pio LX full HD compared to the Pana 42" 7A? I ask this honestly as whatever panel that nails sport gets me as a customer

In summation, Resolution alone does not maketh the set, it really depends on your viewing habits (FTA, DVD, Fox) and your environment (how far from screen, lighting etc) and obviously your budget

Guest JimboTHX1138
Went to the same place you did this afternoon and it looked comparatively much better with blu-ray than FTA. They said they couldn't show FTA but at least I had seen it prior. Also had a look at the 7A vs 70A and the 70A looked a lot sharper until I asked to see the settings. The 70A sharpness was set at mid level, the 7A was set to 0. When I set them up like for like (zero sharpness) you can not tell them apart, both looked quite good with FTA sport

I believe you have seen the Pio at a private showing / launch ? What do you think, is it worth paying the $2.5K premium ($1650 vs approx $4k?) for the 42" Pio LX full HD compared to the Pana 42" 7A? I ask this honestly as whatever panel that nails sport gets me as a customer

In summation, Resolution alone does not maketh the set, it really depends on your viewing habits (FTA, DVD, Fox) and your environment (how far from screen, lighting etc) and obviously your budget

What was the price difference between the PX7A and PX70A. I far as I can tell they are both the same except the PX7A has one HDMI input compared to the PX70A's two.

Has anyone seen these in Brisbane, still waiting to see it alongside the Fuji. So far the old Fuji cant be beaten.

I saw the pz700 50inch at carindale myer today, showing a blu-ray demo. I was quite impressed standing about 3 feet away. Havent had a chance to see a px700 showing blu-ray so I cant offer any advice on the px v pz. Ticketed price was 4999.

What was the price difference between the PX7A and PX70A. I far as I can tell they are both the same except the PX7A has one HDMI input compared to the PX70A's two.

Hello

The HDMI is the major difference as well as made in china vs Japan although in another thread apparently now they are both made in china with japanese parts. Price difference ticked is about $400, which is not worth it IMHO.

Can anyone suggest a cheap place to get a 50PX70 or 700 in Melbourne?

Saw the 700 at JB Eastland on Friday night, mind you the morons had it set up with the Pioneer DV600 which is an upscaling player, but not using the upscaling on it. :wacko: One day these stores might actually learn how to set their displays up to show them off properly. :unsure:

Cheers,

Karen

Hello

The HDMI is the major difference as well as made in china vs Japan although in another thread apparently now they are both made in china with japanese parts. Price difference ticked is about $400, which is not worth it IMHO.

[/q

Got a quote of $2870 for a 50' Panasonic from D.SE. Powerhouse Maribyrnong on Thursday. Let me know if you get a better price.

JB Eastland, might have to check out it out. what price was on it?

so anyone bought the PZ700 Full HD yet?? or we all waiting to compare it to the new pioneers?