Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

If The Retail is $4399 how come its sells here for $3199 http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/as...rranty=5YPT3000

That's $1200 off, maybe they got the RRP wrong

Hey Pana,

While it's never gospel, the RRP for all the panels seems pretty far off what we are seeing at discount and through the online, or 'clicks and mortar' stores. The PX70A for example is also showing quite a high RRP of $3,849. Good for the stores who don't have customers searching forums such as these I guess.... must be how they make up for our leg work ;)

Cheers,

Doc.

If The Retail is $4399 how come its sells here for $3199 http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/as...rranty=5YPT3000

That's $1200 off, maybe they got the RRP wrong

I think that is the correct RRP. The 70A is listed as $3849 RRP but Myer has the retail as $3499. (WOW Sight and Sound have the original $3849 as the RRP - they were selling it for $3449 and couldn't match Myer's $2699 because the WOW sales guy said that their price is already $400 off RRP. Apparently WOW's costing works differently - if the RRP comes down, they have to stick their original cost price where as Myer, HN can "bring down" their cost price to match the falling RRP. Beats me how it works)

The way I see it, the RRP on the website is the initial RRP when it's first released. The RRP continues to drop in stores but the website price doesn't seem to keep up with the updates. The RRP of $4399 is most probably from a few months ago. But then again, I could have no idea what I'm talking about... :huh:

Thanks for the replies.

My first requirment for my new TV was PIP. I have it at the moment and I love having it.

So I'm heading for the 700a, even if it is a little more expensive.

I've been quoted for the 700a for 3100 + 549 warrantee. This puts me almost in the pio 507 price bracket.

I'm might see if i can get teh 507 for under $3800

EDIT: Sorry the price was $3150

MR08

Make sure that you go and trial the PIP on the 700a before buying. I have a 600a and whilst the PIP is OK it is nowhere near as good as the PIP on my old LG CRT. As the TV only has 1 HD tuner the PIP uses the analogue tuner, so when you swap to the PIP you get the analogue picture showing on the full screen which is not pretty to watch. I only use PIP now during ads so I can see when the ads are finished and then change back using the HD tuner. It also takes a second or so to get rid of the PIP during which the whole screen goes blank. Like I said it is OK but not as good as what I was used to.

I have no idea what the PIP function on the Pioneer is like.

I have a 600a and whilst the PIP is OK it is nowhere near as good as the PIP on my old LG CRT.

I have no idea what the PIP function on the Pioneer is like.

You can PIP inputs as well so if you have a PVR it works well eg PVR and PS3

I don't think the Pio can have PIP from 2 inputs: only 1 input and tuner (I think)

I'd dare say by October when the PZ's arrive the RRP will be much lower

I spoke to panasonic today. They say they have no plans to release a PZ model any time this year (could be wrong, but a pretty reliable source)

I spoke to panasonic today. They say they have no plans to release a PZ model any time this year (could be wrong, but a pretty reliable source)

Hahahaha! They also said that had no idea if a 700a screen was going to be realeased.

And they have denied the existence of the "purple snakes"....

Hey Posters,

Been trying to get some general operational type info on the new 50PX700A, so went hunting for the owners guide to the product... it was not available online, even though it had been a few months earlier, so I wrote to Panasonic directly. Here's their response to my request today:

The Manual for the TH-50PX700A is not available as a Download at this time. It will be available on the internet in the future. However, you may be able to purchase the required manual from one of our spare parts distributors. Please contact the spare parts distributor listed below, they will be able to assist further with both pricing and availability...

Now THAT's good pre-sales service... naturally I'm planning to follow their advice and pay to see how the $3K+ TV I am interested in purchasing from them works... :angry:

Found the UK model owner's guide instead, hopefully they are pretty much identical - save for some difference between EPG functionality perhaps.

Cheers,

Doc.

In another post I've written that I Just picked up my 50"70A - Love it - BUT.. IT'S MADE IN CHINA!! :angry2:

So I've organised a replacement panel that is defintely "Made In Japan". Should be here within the next week.

Just be wary of this folks if you're as anal as me, you'll want the Jap built panel. ;)

In another post I've written that I Just picked up my 50"70A - Love it - BUT.. IT'S MADE IN CHINA!! :angry2:

Are you sure the panel is made in China and not just the stand?

Check the box before you unpack when you get the replacement

So I've organised a replacement panel that is defintely "Made In Japan". Should be here within the next week.

Just be wary of this folks if you're as anal as me, you'll want the Jap built panel. ;)

What's the difference between a robot building it in China vs a robot building it in Japan?

Should I check this for my 70A or not bother?

What's the difference between a robot building it in China vs a robot building it in Japan?

it depends where the robots are made...

Probably not since when you got yours I don't even think anyone had seen one made in China.

There's probably very little difference if any in build quality...I just generally feel better about stuff made in japan because I would consider the quality control to be better..

I've also noticed that for Japanese goods...Made in Japan tends to be slightly better and on the first versions of a product, they tend to last longer....It's probably because early on they use higher end parts until they figure out how to make it more cost effective to make essentially the same thing. The only downside is if there are any bugs they haven't found, you're also subject to those as well.

Probably not since when you got yours I don't even think anyone had seen one made in China.

There's probably very little difference if any in build quality...I just generally feel better about stuff made in japan because I would consider the quality control to be better..

I've also noticed that for Japanese goods...Made in Japan tends to be slightly better and on the first versions of a product, they tend to last longer....It's probably because early on they use higher end parts until they figure out how to make it more cost effective to make essentially the same thing. The only downside is if there are any bugs they haven't found, you're also subject to those as well.

i also rely a fair bit on panasonic's reputation. it's like our bosch washing machine - it's made in thailand (i think) but i still bought it, on the basis that bosch wouldn't allow crap manufacturing which would damage its reputation. if all the latest panasonic plasmas (or sony lcds or fujitsu plasmas etc) were made in china, i still would've bought one.

it would, of course, be different if it had a panasony or a fujitachi label on it...

Myer Southland yesterday, $3200 + $400 for extra 4 y warranty...no haggling attempted so could maybe get lower, just stopped by after buying my daughter her Barbie - Fairytopia, Magic of the Rainbow doll...don't ask....and Myer Vic has upto 50 Pio 507's on back order atm.....

Edited by Dr Smith

Myer Southland yesterday, $3200 + $400 for extra 4 y warranty...no haggling attempted so could maybe get lower, just stopped by after buying my daughter her Barbie - Fairytopia, Magic of the Rainbow doll...don't ask....and Myer Vic has upto 50 Pio 507's on back order atm.....

was quoted the same $3200 straight up, no questions asked for a 700a in A Myer.

The bloke said he didnt have any, but was pretty sure he had plenty of 70a's in stock !!!!!

Anyone care to share their picture settings on their 50 PX70A? I'm still trying to get it tweaked and may have to resort to the DVE DVD once I've done a good 100+ hours. :)

Hi Guys,

First time poster. I currently have a PS3 and lookng to buy a decent HDTV to connect it to. I have read through the specifications that say that the 70A can accept 1080p

The VIERA processor receives 1080p video signals in their original format.

but it also says that it can only input 1080i

Applicable HDMI Video Input Signals : 1,080i @ 50Hz (28.125KHz), 1,080i @ 60Hz (33.75KHz)

Does this mean it does 1080p not through hdmi? Im confused.

My question is has anyone fed it a 1080p signal from a ps3 and weather the new forced 24hz feature has any effect?

Hi Guys,

First time poster. I currently have a PS3 and lookng to buy a decent HDTV to connect it to. I have read through the specifications that say that the 70A can accept 1080p

but it also says that it can only input 1080i

Does this mean it does 1080p not through hdmi? Im confused.

My question is has anyone fed it a 1080p signal from a ps3 and weather the new forced 24hz feature has any effect?

Just checked the supported input signals in the manual and in that both 1080p50 and 1080p60 are supported over HDMI (although you're right - at the moment it seems as if HDMI only supports 1080i). This would seem to indicate that the list of specs on the Panasonic website are not entirely correct. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm that it can take a 1080 signal at either 50 or 60 hz.

edit: the forced 24hz feature on the PS3 isn't going to make any difference as the 70A won't accept a 24hz signal - in fact you'll probably get a blank screen if you try to use it.