Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

unsure we dont stock lg and are thinking of getting rid of samsung they are pricks to deal with

Samsung and LG seem to be the ones NOT to buy from as they are getting bad reports everywhere, or is it just me <_<

unsure we dont stock lg and are thinking of getting rid of samsung they are pricks to deal with

Who do you work for?

Samsung and LG seem to be the ones NOT to buy from as they are getting bad reports everywhere, or is it just me <_<

I think there are more "mixed" reports for LG and Samsung;

Panasonic and Sony usually get "good" reports; and

Other than price, Pioneer seem to always get good reports (for plasma TVs anyway).

Who do you work for?

a store that is in the retravision buying group but we are unidentified we have 5 stores in tassie and all are owned by one man

hey guys.

first post so be nice :)

im waiting delivery of my 7A and my sony muteki surround, which should arrive in 2 weeks.

anyways, i was wondering. my 7900GS has a DVI output. so can i use a DVI/HDMI cable and hook up my PC to my receiver (which has 2 HDMI in and 1 HDMi out) and away she goes? how much would one of these cables cost?

and for sound, ive got 7.1ch on my PC and 6.2 on the receiver. how much are the cables to hook up the sound to my receiver roughly?

thanks for taking the time to read :) appreciate it.

booze

Were you able to output your laptop in 1360x768? I have a HP nx9420 and I can't seem to output 1360x768 with the external VGA plug.

i've managed to output the laptop to the plasma at 1368x768. i had to use that powerstrip program to create the resolution on the laptop. i'm using the vga plug and it looks pretty damn good - managing to get the proper 1:1 pixel mapping.

the settings aren't perfect - the laptop seems to force a 1280x1024 resolution at first - and to get it to work properly i have to switch to the plasma viewing only (ie turning the laptop display off by switching the vga output only). the alternative is to extend the display so the plasma appears as a separate window - but i don't like doing this when watching dvds/videos since the screensaver won't come onto the laptop screen while the movie is playing on the plasma screen.

so now i can go buy the tv tuner for the laptop with the knowledge i've managed to get the laptop/plasma interface working!

I haven't heard anything about the relsease of the 1080p plasmas any time this year. It also seems a bit silly to keep 3 models of plasma TV's on the market. I think it will be next year before any new 1080p panasonics

I've seen better than $2895 all you gotta do is ask and push a sales person who wnats a sale. (but you'll be waiting a couple of weeks no matter where you go) But they will drop pretty quick after the PX700's come out because they will be chinese made from september. I think most retailers will receive one more shipment of japanese made PX70's and then its all made in china. PX700's will be jap made.

px700's will be released early next month RRP $3999 but I wouldn't pay any more that $3499. They should be due for a price drop very soon after the release because the pioneer 508's will be released not to long after and panasonic are trying to get pioneer to drop their price and services.

In terms of LG and Samsung 1080p's They prob won't drop a lot between now and october maybe to $3499 RRP for the 40/42" sizes. New sony's should be out soon after.

i've managed to output the laptop to the plasma at 1368x768. i had to use that powerstrip program to create the resolution on the laptop. i'm using the vga plug and it looks pretty damn good - managing to get the proper 1:1 pixel mapping.

the settings aren't perfect - the laptop seems to force a 1280x1024 resolution at first - and to get it to work properly i have to switch to the plasma viewing only (ie turning the laptop display off by switching the vga output only). the alternative is to extend the display so the plasma appears as a separate window - but i don't like doing this when watching dvds/videos since the screensaver won't come onto the laptop screen while the movie is playing on the plasma screen.

so now i can go buy the tv tuner for the laptop with the knowledge i've managed to get the laptop/plasma interface working!

Thanks for the info mate.

I'll see if I can get mine working.

the PX700's are already released! seen them for $3495

From post #617 in this thread yesterday... they're available at this place already for $3,199!

http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/as...rranty=5YPT3000

Anyone seen the PX700A in person yet? Trying to find out if the black surround on the frame is matte like the 70A, or if it is a gloss black like the sammy/pioneer as I am praying it will be!

Cheers,

Doc.

Anyone seen the PX700A in person yet? Trying to find out if the black surround on the frame is matte like the 70A, or if it is a gloss black like the sammy/pioneer as I am praying it will be!

Haven't seen one however looking at the product photos the impression I get is that it will be matt with maybe some slight gloss like the 70A. But then again, with the silver surround they might not do that. I'm pretty sure that the only gloss one might be the PZ-700 assuming it's the same model that lands here as is sold in the UK and appears in the AU Panasonic catalogue yet isn't actually listed.

Haven't seen one however looking at the product photos the impression I get is that it will be matt with maybe some slight gloss like the 70A. But then again, with the silver surround they might not do that. I'm pretty sure that the only gloss one might be the PZ-700 assuming it's the same model that lands here as is sold in the UK and appears in the AU Panasonic catalogue yet isn't actually listed.

Geez I'm really hoping it will be... I reckon the matt with silver will look a bit out of place. The frustrating thing is that all of the EU models ended up being in the gloss finish and are supplied with a matching [optional by item code, I believe] black stand. They look great, not unlike the pioneers for simplicity and style. Check out some shots of the EU 42PX70 by clicking here!

I know there are some of us who say that the gloss is a bad move because it reflects light etc from your surrounds, but for the most part, I think it is agreed that it's a nicer, perhaps more premium finish. I think Panasonic could really have put the boot into Samsung's Q and C9 series with this. Try selling matt black or otherwise to your Mrs after she has seen the Sammy (or Pioneer - but the extra $$$ swung her back from that one)! That's where I am now... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Dr.

PX700's are due into stores when retailers receive their next shipments of panasonic TV's this will be next week. Its just a matter of the stores getting them on display from there. In terms of looks it should look along the same lines as the tx32lx700a

PX700's are due into stores when retailers receive their next shipments of panasonic TV's this will be next week. Its just a matter of the stores getting them on display from there. In terms of looks it should look along the same lines as the tx32lx700a

Thanks heatingup... I'll keep an eye out for them on the shelves from next weekend perhaps. You sure about the look of the panel though? From the Viera 2007 catalogue, this is how the two units look:

TH-50PX700A.jpg

TX-32LXD700A.jpg

Quite different in design, even without being able to determine if they are glossy or not...

Cheers,

Doc.

I'm having a hard time deciding between pana 700a or the pio 507.

Are there any major improvements from the 70a to the 700a?

Hi MR08,

I'm in the hunt and tossing up between the Sammy Q9, the PX70 (though the Mrs has all but ruled that out for it's not so 'designer' look) and the PX700. Improvements I have been able to find so far for the PX700 over the PX70 are:

- Additional HDMI input on front of panel (for total of 3)

- Addition of SDHC Card Slot (for photos only I beleive, not video?)

- C.A.T.S. (Contrast Automatic Tracking System) - adjusts contrast automatically based on ambient lighting conditions

- PIP/PAT/PAP (2-tuner)

- SRS TruSurround XT processing

- Smart Sound Speaker System (31 W (15.5W + 15.5 W)) - said to be very good quality according to UK reviews

- Swivel pedestal stand

- Made in Japan (apparently the PX70 will not be for much longer...)

- UNCONFIRMED: there is mention of an anti-glare screen coating in this model for continental Europe, but it has not shown up on models released in the UK, so until it is seen here, I am not sure about that one. It's not in the listed spec anyway.

Given that you are able to get online pricing for the PX700 as low as $3,199 (see earlier post on previous page), it's pretty good value still even over the PX70, that is assuming you would utilise the featured improvements as shown - I know I would be.

Cheers,

Doc.

Hi MR08,

I'm in the hunt and tossing up between the Sammy Q9, the PX70 (though the Mrs has all but ruled that out for it's not so 'designer' look) and the PX700. Improvements I have been able to find so far for the PX700 over the PX70 are:

- Additional HDMI input on front of panel (for total of 3)

- Addition of SDHC Card Slot (for photos only I beleive, not video?)

- C.A.T.S. (Contrast Automatic Tracking System) - adjusts contrast automatically based on ambient lighting conditions

- PIP/PAT/PAP (2-tuner)

- SRS TruSurround XT processing

- Smart Sound Speaker System (31 W (15.5W + 15.5 W)) - said to be very good quality according to UK reviews

- Swivel pedestal stand

- Made in Japan (apparently the PX70 will not be for much longer...)

- UNCONFIRMED: there is mention of an anti-glare screen coating in this model for continental Europe, but it has not shown up on models released in the UK, so until it is seen here, I am not sure about that one. It's not in the listed spec anyway.

Given that you are able to get online pricing for the PX700 as low as $3,199 (see earlier post on previous page), it's pretty good value still even over the PX70, that is assuming you would utilise the featured improvements as shown - I know I would be.

Cheers,

Doc.

i've just bought a 70a - and it's made in japan. have seen the rumours about future production being in china though - but they're just rumours (like the rumour that the latest delivery was to be china-sourced - clearly that was wrong!).

i have an a/v receiver, so the better speakers on the 700a didn't appeal. pip/pat/pap would've been nice, but not worth the extra money for me. extra hdmi/sd card slot wasn't a factor for me either - since i have nothing hdmi now, so figured that 2 inputs on the 70a would be fine. pedastal stand would've been nice too - but again, not a huge factor for me.

the biggest differential in my mind is the screen itself - since this is what i'm buying - and they're the same in the 70a and 700a - other than the cats thing. again, i figured that since the tv wasn't going to be moved around a lot, automatic contrast adjustment wasn't an issue (unlike on my blackberry, where it's actually quite useful - since i read the screen in all sorts of light).

like dr smythe - it really depends on what you're using it for. for me, the $300-$500 difference in price didn't justify the 700a in my mind - but if you want the speakers/extra inputs - and prefer grey/black rather than just black, then get the 700a!

Thanks for the replies.

My first requirment for my new TV was PIP. I have it at the moment and I love having it.

So I'm heading for the 700a, even if it is a little more expensive.

I've been quoted for the 700a for 3100 + 549 warrantee. This puts me almost in the pio 507 price bracket.

I'm might see if i can get teh 507 for under $3800

EDIT: Sorry the price was $3150

Thanks for the replies.

My first requirment for my new TV was PIP. I have it at the moment and I love having it.

So I'm heading for the 700a, even if it is a little more expensive.

I've been quoted for the 700a for 3100 + 549 warrantee. This puts me almost in the pio 507 price bracket.

I'm might see if i can get teh 507 for under $3800

Good price on the PX700A MR08! Was that unit price conditional on buying the 5 year warranty at the same time, or was the dealer happy to part with the panel alone for that? Already looking like better value for those extra bits that I unfortunately need over the PX70A :rolleyes:

I'm sure you've seen the Pio JB thread on the forum, but best get out there fast if you want the 507, at any price that is! If the store ain't got it out back, you ain't likely to get one at all!

Cheers,

Doc.

Good price on the PX700A MR08! Was that unit price conditional on buying the 5 year warranty at the same time, or was the dealer happy to part with the panel alone for that? Already looking like better value for those extra bits that I unfortunately need over the PX70A :rolleyes:

I'm sure you've seen the Pio JB thread on the forum, but best get out there fast if you want the 507, at any price that is! If the store ain't got it out back, you ain't likely to get one at all!

Cheers,

Doc.

Sorry I miss quoted the price it was $3150

No they quoted me the price then I had to ask how much the extended warranty would be if I bought it.

I PM'd a sales rep who has posted in these forums before. The dealer is in vic but I can PM you his contact details if you wish.

...the PX70 (though the Mrs has all but ruled that out for it's not so 'designer' look)...

I bought the 70A and the stand really grows on you. I think it looks really classy and it's different from the norm.

I bought the 70A and the stand really grows on you. I think it looks really classy and it's different from the norm.

Hi llsTixll,

For the stand it's more of a functional thing, we have an open plan living space and want to swivel the panel according to where we might be at the time... the matt finish was also a bit of a thing for her, so hoping the PX700 impresses a little more in person on that front!

Doc.

i've just bought a 70a - and it's made in japan. have seen the rumours about future production being in china though - but they're just rumours (like the rumour that the latest delivery was to be china-sourced - clearly that was wrong!).

i have an a/v receiver, so the better speakers on the 700a didn't appeal. pip/pat/pap would've been nice, but not worth the extra money for me. extra hdmi/sd card slot wasn't a factor for me either - since i have nothing hdmi now, so figured that 2 inputs on the 70a would be fine. pedastal stand would've been nice too - but again, not a huge factor for me.

the biggest differential in my mind is the screen itself - since this is what i'm buying - and they're the same in the 70a and 700a - other than the cats thing. again, i figured that since the tv wasn't going to be moved around a lot, automatic contrast adjustment wasn't an issue (unlike on my blackberry, where it's actually quite useful - since i read the screen in all sorts of light).

like dr smythe - it really depends on what you're using it for. for me, the $300-$500 difference in price didn't justify the 700a in my mind - but if you want the speakers/extra inputs - and prefer grey/black rather than just black, then get the 700a!

I'm with you for the exact same reasons, hence why I've gone the 70a. Who really would utilise the speakers on a plasma or lcd nowadays? No doubt 99% of people would surely have a surround / av system for audio.