Sign in to follow this  
Zacspeed

Panasonic 2007 Line Up Of Plasmas

I read on another forum that it does support 1080/24p. Maybe they were talking about another model?

Brad

I read on another forum that it does support 1080/24p. Maybe they were talking about another model?

Well that's half the job, but how will it be displayed?

When Panasonic says "10th generation Plasma" what are the improvements over the 9th generation sets?

Is there better anti-burn-in, or better brightness, or quicker response etc.

Does anyone know?

does anyone know a rough ballpark price for the 1920x1080 version?

I'd have to concur with those that say the all black bezel is a huge improvement.

They look much more like Pioneers now. :D:blink:

I think Panasonic felt the pinch with their move to go grey/silver.

Most people pick plasmas based on aesthetics and what salesman tell them. So brands like LG and Samsung were getting a good chunk of the Plasma share.

Us on this forum are the minority that make informed decisions.

So its good Pana have gone black.

As for the 10th generation imrpovements. Spec wise it seems the same, except for the screen saver which is now "wobble" which Im not 100% on what it means but I assume its how they are able to shift the picture or pixels so as to burn them evenly.

If anyone knows any better on specs that will be muchly appreciated.

Also if someone can shed some light on what the 3D management is on the Pana. Cant seem to find anything on that either.

Whats the general thoughts on the 65" (Panasonic Viera TH-65PV600A) which is 1080p and now priced at 15K. Is its performance upto scratch?

It also has no hd tuner, so I was considering a hd stb+recorder (even though only 1080i at present). Which are the best? ( Only aware of sony + LG ), or are they too inferior as hd tuners when compared to stand alone hd stb's.

Cheers

Gandalf

when they bring out the 42" full hd screen,

do you think it will make that much of a diff to the current model out now

at 1024+720

for viewing at a normal distance of 4m :blink:

Also if someone can shed some light on what the 3D management is on the Pana. Cant seem to find anything on that either.

From the previously-linked pdf -

"Advanced 3D Colour Management

Effective Colour Correction without Affecting Colour Balance

This system controls multiple colours at the same time without affecting neighboring colours. By independently adjusting the colour hue, density and brightness, it brings out the full beauty and richness of every image."

I'm not sure how that relates to 3D... could "hue", "density" and "brightness" each be a "dimension", independently adjustable by the V-Real2 processor? Probably... it makes more sense than a variation on the traditional interpretation of 3D, as below.

Generally, when applied to TV image processing, the 3rd dimension of "3D" imaging features was time - comparing 1 frame to the next, then adjusting the image & sending it to be displayed. I don't know what advantage that would offer for colours, especially given the text from the brochure.

does anyone know a rough ballpark price for the 1920x1080 version?

Ballpark from http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/1746/1/

TH50PZ700 $4,199 Canadian Retail (~ $4,455 AUD)

TH58PZ700 $5,999 Canadian Retail (~ $6,364 AUD)

(65PX600U currently sells for $9,999 Canadian)

For comparison, Not full HD:-

TH42PX75 $2,199 Canadian Retail

TH50PX75 $3,199 Canadian Retail

TH58PX75 $4,199 Canadian Retail

For anyone interested US model manuals http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/TH42PE77U.PDF (13.31 MB) http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/TH42PX75U-MUL.PDF (23.92 MB)

Just for info, I was browsing on the Electronic Discounter Plasma Page at their site.

I noticed that the 42PV60A and the 50PV60A models are listed as run out models.

I wonder if thats because the 42PV70A & 50PV70A will be arriving soon.

The prices are also pretty good. If the 70A models will be less than the 600A models that will be a plus also.

Id much rather the 70A as I want to get a seperate HD STB W/PVR so dont need the extra expense of an inbuilt tuner.

Plus the 70A is much more cosmetically appealing over the 600A and the 700A.

Well that's half the job, but how will it be displayed?

Its displayed as 1080p @ 48Hz on the Panasonic 65.

Its displayed as 1080p @ 48Hz on the Panasonic 65.

I forget where I read it but on a screen that size it totally amplifies all the flaws.

On a test DVD by a testing lab they could see in fast motion the frame by frame artifacts etc.

1080p content is generally 24 progressive frames and its interlaced to make 48 frames but to make it interlaced it has to be 1080i60 so they double up on 12 frames.

I forget where I read it but on a screen that size it totally amplifies all the flaws.

On a test DVD by a testing lab they could see in fast motion the frame by frame artifacts etc.

1080p content is generally 24 progressive frames and its interlaced to make 48 frames but to make it interlaced it has to be 1080i60 so they double up on 12 frames.

It looks superb ..... zero artifacts

Has anyone heard of an Australian release date? It shouldn't be too much longer.

I see a lot of comments on all-black surrounds. I took my wife into a showroom to look at a a new 42inch after our old NEC blew up and she rejected the Samsung outright becasue of all the reflections from the shiny black surround. Once she pointed it out I noticed it too. We finished up getting a Panasonic. Didn't mind the silver at all. Don't know whether the black surround on the new Panas is as shiny as the Samsung.

I'm liking these new Panas... The 42" 1080P display could be on my shopping list early next year. Or perhaps the 50" if the price is right.

Don't know whether the black surround on the new Panas is as shiny as the Samsung.

Although the pictures don't clearly show it, the answer is yes, it's high-gloss black (a.k.a. shiny).

For anyone that was keeping tabs on it.

The review of the 42PX70 has been updated.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TH42PX70/

The user unfriendliness in that there are no numbers when adjusting colour, brightness, contract etc is poor. The lack of independant memory input for sources is also bad. You must adjust foxtel differently to FTA for example. Is the same with the current Pana plasma models as well??

The user unfriendliness in that there are no numbers when adjusting colour, brightness, contract etc is poor. The lack of independant memory input for sources is also bad. You must adjust foxtel differently to FTA for example. Is the same with the current Pana plasma models as well??

No, I'm pretty sure it remembers each input independantly