Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Thanks Karen - good to hear! I can assume from that I think that the PX700 will do at least the same in that respect.

The PX600A does, and it's essentially the same tv. I would expect all decent brand tvs would have this ability now.

I ordered my TH-50PX70A from a Gold Coast store on 30th June at a very good price.

Originally I was told it might be in stock within 7 days.

Then I was informed it would be another 2 weeks due to Panasonic being overwhelmed by orders of this model.

I was expecting it tomorrow but got a call this morning saying would be at least another 12 days. :angry2:

Are others that purchased this unit on back order experiencing the same delivery delay ?

Thanks llsTixll, was thinking someone might have saved it! I think I only deleted it a few weeks back when cleaning up a rather messy desktop. I can't seem to dl the file ATM, even after the countdown, but I'll try a bit later... ;)

Thanks also for your comments between the current sets - the PX70A I have already ruled out for a few reasons, but hoping the PX700A may be able to stand up to the requirements we have. Agree on the importance of the SD PQ etc, and surprisingly enough, the CFO is a big fan of the Pio model's look, so the black on silver should be fine. The swivel stand is also important for us as it will be in an open plan living space where it can be veiwed from the couch, or the kitchen area.

Have you noticed whether or not you can save settings independently on the PX70A? I heard that this wasn't possible and is the reason that I'm trying to verify now - I am constantly switching between inputs and the thought of changing this each time damn near sends me insane! :lol:

Cheers,

Dr.

You could probably ask if you could get the 700A silver stand for the 70A (thats if they do sell 700A at the store).

By the way any of you guys with 70A suffer from jaggies (aliasing) as it kind of irritated me at HN Liverpool running WS CH9 Sunday Footy Show, both on 50" and 42"???

Anyone seen the TH50PX700A yet? $3359 at http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/as...rranty=5YPT3000

but this ad says 1 HDMI only! Not on Pana AU website yet (that I could find). I thought it was a PX600 with an anti-glare screen coting but PX600 has 2 HDMI?

It now says 3 hdmi and only $3199

http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/as...rranty=5YPT3000

but still only 1024 x 768

You're 11 feet away and think 50" is too big!? WTF?!?!?! :wacko:

wacko sounds very nice to say ha ha

Well what is my point of view is everyone Living Room got different size and how far where u sit ok

as anyone who owns 42" or 50" or greater will say 68cm CRT or LCD under 42" looks bloody too small

looks silly if i have 42" or 50" in small room because we don't want sit close to LCD or Plasma, thats why i have notice from my friends house live in small living room with crap small size under 42" LCD and i ask him why didn't u buy 42" or 50" bec he said if he did then its only 5 foot and u will be watching too close to LCD or Plasma...that is his theory

The Technology design and sales person says small Screens good for small rooms and Big Screens suit for big living rooms.

The rules is wacko its up to anyone either Big or Small in small or Big Living rooms as bedrooms.

Its always the best to Watch LCD or Plasma no matter what size with no windows behind you.

I watch my Plasma with 2 windows behind the TV and no problem with sunlight shine through window.

Do u agree its got best black looking background?

I just look the Size of Pixels

42" W-1,024 H 768 = 786,423 3,072 dots

52" W-1,366 H 768 = 1,049.088 4,098 dots

The H size is same and only 50" has more W-344 pixels and 1026 dots than my 42" plasma. you r right

I agree with u 50" is greater better size and or if people want buy expensive full 1080p 50" bingo..

what do u think when Laser TV 50" 1080p come out in market????

I will get one in Ten years time when i get sick of My plasma...

I don't really undertand from Webprice.com.au details for TH-50PX70A

is 3,072 Equivalent Steps of Gradation, crap its should be 4,098 for TH-50PX70A Equivalent Steps of Gradation

I thought 3,072 Equivalent Steps is from 42"

Also about new TH-65PV600A 65" Full High Definition Panel (1920x1080p) with 28.9 Billion viewable colours, 5,000:1 Contrast Ratio and 4096 steps of Gradation with power Watt of 770

Please add more details about Equivalent Steps of Gradation

wacko sounds very nice to say ha ha

Well what is my point of view is everyone Living Room got different size and how far where u sit ok

as anyone who owns 42" or 50" or greater will say 68cm CRT or LCD under 42" looks bloody too small

looks silly if i have 42" or 50" in small room because we don't want sit close to LCD or Plasma, thats why i have notice from my friends house live in small living room with crap small size under 42" LCD and i ask him why didn't u buy 42" or 50" bec he said if he did then its only 5 foot and u will be watching too close to LCD or Plasma...that is his theory

The Technology design and sales person says small Screens good for small rooms and Big Screens suit for big living rooms.

The rules is wacko its up to anyone either Big or Small in small or Big Living rooms as bedrooms.

Its always the best to Watch LCD or Plasma no matter what size with no windows behind you.

I watch my Plasma with 2 windows behind the TV and no problem with sunlight shine through window.

Do u agree its got best black looking background?

I just look the Size of Pixels

42" W-1,024 H 768 = 786,423 3,072 dots

52" W-1,366 H 768 = 1,049.088 4,098 dots

The H size is same and only 50" has more W-344 pixels and 1026 dots than my 42" plasma. you r right

I agree with u 50" is greater better size and or if people want buy expensive full 1080p 50" bingo..

what do u think when Laser TV 50" 1080p come out in market????

I will get one in Ten years time when i get sick of My plasma...

Ok... This time in English please!

:blink:

There are quite a few new models coming out by October so it is going to be quite competitive. If the $A remains high the pricing will have to be cheaper than that. It will be interesting to compare the new Pioneer 720p models with the 80% better blacks and advanced processing with the PZ models. I suspect the Pioneer will win out, but we have to wait and see.

Yep. Within a year to 18 months one AUD will be worth more than a USD so it will only get cheaper. The JPY will tend to follow the USD too so we will have heaps of buying power.

ok regarding the 42in 1080p model coming at the moment the cost to retailers is around the $3800 mark but expect 2-3 price drops before it hits stores otherwise it will be too dear and also on delivery the other day i was speaking to my rep ands he said pana have 1300 plasma's (42 and 50in) on back order and they are only getting in 600 so it may be a long wait for some people

I'm not sure why people are excited about a 3rd HDMI connection. It's definitely not worth a premium as you can by a HDMI switcher...OR, if you want to add good audio to your display, an AV Receiver will take multiple HDMI in and switch it as well.

This is even more true in Australia where there are even fewer reasons to have HDMI....says the guy that brought some HDMI cables from overseas...

I'm not sure why people are excited about a 3rd HDMI connection. It's definitely not worth a premium as you can by a HDMI switcher...OR, if you want to add good audio to your display, an AV Receiver will take multiple HDMI in and switch it as well.

This is even more true in Australia where there are even fewer reasons to have HDMI....says the guy that brought some HDMI cables from overseas...

Think a bit more of the future... and the members of your family who will be operating these TVs with 3+ HDMI devises attached..

Think a bit more of the future... and the members of your family who will be operating these TVs with 3+ HDMI devises attached..

I am.. Yet still can't find a need for 3.. :P

I'll be running a HTPC and PS3. That's it. What more do you need?

My mistake ... lol it was on top of there web page Quote:This Site is best viewed at a

screen resolution of 1024 x 768............. sorry

Its the price that got me excited not the 3 HDMI :D

wow - that price is amazing. when you consider I bought one of the last remaining 50px600a's just last month for 3K. And I have seen the 70a's for still around $3200.

If I had known that was going to be the price, I would have waited. damn!!!!

Samsung and LG seem to be the ones NOT to buy from as they are getting bad reports everywhere, or is it just me <_<

I think there are more "mixed" reports for LG and Samsung;

Panasonic and Sony usually get "good" reports; and

Other than price, Pioneer seem to always get good reports (for plasma TVs anyway).

I have. If you read my post you'd see why there's not a huge reason to have a 3 HDMI vs. 2. Is it nice? Sure...would I pay a premium? NO WAY.

Again, you can get a switcher if you run out of ports..and say we have 8 HDMI devices hooked up directly to the TV, you'd need that anyways.

Add to that if you're stuck on using HDMI because of quality you probably also want a decent AV Receiver which will do HDMI switching for you as well...so again, that adds to the number of HDMI devices you can use.

A 3rd HDMI interface is not going to future proof you anymore than 2.

All that said...the nice (or downside) of the 700a vs. 70a is the antiglare coating that the 77u....it's supposed to be amazing if you have a problem w/ glare...