Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I don't think I am exaggerating. It's a reported issue. Even just a few first-hand reports on a PX7 is enough for me to think differently.

And Panasonic sound like they handled the last problem really well (sarcasm). Anyway, they've lost my business.

I don't think I am exaggerating. It's a reported issue. Even just a few first-hand reports on a PX7 is enough for me to think differently.

And Panasonic sound like they handled the last problem really well (sarcasm). Anyway, they've lost my business.

What have you decided to buy instead?

I finally ordered my first HDTV - the Pana 50" 70A plasma - $3150 from Myer (includes 5 year warranty)

once you get it, make sure you sign up for that rugby competition on the panasonic website - you'll at least get some wallabies pack with a rugby ball!

Getting my 50" 70A tomorrow guys.

Could someone please share their settings just as a reference for my set?

I was thinking of using the THX video calibration on the Cars DVD. Is is worth using?

Any other thoughts on calibrating the 50" 70A?

Getting my 50" 70A tomorrow guys.

Could someone please share their settings just as a reference for my set?

I was thinking of using the THX video calibration on the Cars DVD. Is is worth using?

Any other thoughts on calibrating the 50" 70A?

Use the Digital video essentials dvd to calibrate it.

• Volunteer
Use the Digital video essentials dvd to calibrate it.

Although you should wait until you have run the set in for about 200 hours before you calibrate it.

Cheers

Karen

Just wondering if anyone reading this who has managed to do better than 2100 for a TH-42PX70A + 250 for 4 year extended warranty could email me there receipt. My email address is c_suicidal_soldier@hotmail.com.

Also, Scott, do you reckon you might be able to send me your receipt.

Starting to get a bad feeling about the people at Domayne (still got a while to wait till they get the PX70A in), so gonna check out DJ's in the city and the like.

I just bought a 70a for $1990 + $350 for 4yr extended warranty. That is $2340 total. Pips your $2350 by $10 - it's not worth the hassle of sending you a receipt for $10 difference. Your trip to DJs is a good idea.

Edited by Biff

Do any Panasonic plasma owners notice the "double-image" effect from the internal reflections of the panels? (You can see the image on the front of the panel and if you are on an angle you can notice a faint copy of the image about 1/2 inch behind it)

Can adjusting the TV settings remove this unwanted effect?

Do any Panasonic plasma owners notice the "double-image" effect from the internal reflections of the panels? (You can see the image on the front of the panel and if you are on an angle you can notice a faint copy of the image about 1/2 inch behind it)

Can adjusting the TV settings remove this unwanted effect?

have you got yours yet? i thought you had to be on an extreme angle before you noticed it? mine arrives on thursday...

have you got yours yet? i thought you had to be on an extreme angle before you noticed it? mine arrives on thursday...

It's a bit more noticable than I thought. And I don't like little things like that annoying me, especially when I'm forking out $3k on a TV, which probably isn't a lot of money for some but it is a lot of money for me.

I just thought maybe it can be overcome by adjusting the TV settings.

I've just ordered the Panasonic TH50PX70A from Harvey Norman GC for $2700. Also got the 48months extended warranty for $200 so in total $2900.

Can't wait until it arrives!!

Kev.

Wow. Awesome price? How did you get it for $2700!?!?! That's ridiculously cheap! Even the warranty upgrade is cheap! Care to send your receipt at all so I can use it for bargaining power? :D

It's a bit more noticable than I thought. And I don't like little things like that annoying me, especially when I'm forking out $3k on a TV, which probably isn't a lot of money for some but it is a lot of money for me.

I just thought maybe it can be overcome by adjusting the TV settings.

You have to be at a pretty extreme angle to even see this...It shouldn't be an issue at all. I know the Pioneer does not have this and I believe some LGs don't have this...But honestly, you're only noticing it because you know of it..so when you have the chance you're probably going at those angles and looking for it...You're not going to see it under normal viewing conditions unless, like I said, you like watching it from an extreme side angle (in which case I'd suggest a smaller TV you can actually angle or a setup that allows you to turn the panel.

It's not a settings issue..it's how the glass and color filter is setup....Maybe if you set it to some oddly dim setting you could get rid of it but then the rest of your picture turns to junk..

You have to be at a pretty extreme angle to even see this...It shouldn't be an issue at all. I know the Pioneer does not have this and I believe some LGs don't have this...But honestly, you're only noticing it because you know of it..so when you have the chance you're probably going at those angles and looking for it...You're not going to see it under normal viewing conditions unless, like I said, you like watching it from an extreme side angle (in which case I'd suggest a smaller TV you can actually angle or a setup that allows you to turn the panel.

It's not a settings issue..it's how the glass and color filter is setup....Maybe if you set it to some oddly dim setting you could get rid of it but then the rest of your picture turns to junk..

or just turn the tv off, and the reflections will disappear!!

i can completely understand that you're fixated on the niggles though - i'm exactly the same...

Guest motion221

Hi Guys,

I got my 50" 70A yesterday. At first I will a little unhappy with the TV but now I can say I'm happy with the TV. I guess my real problem with the TV is when watching a movie and a night scene comes on I can see a lot of black pixels on the screen, which is a bit of a problem I think. I also find the color a little TV stations is a little pale I’m not sure if this is the settings or not. Could some one please post some good settings for the 50’ so I can try and turn my TV a little?

I do not have the noise problem people are talking about in the speakers on free to air TV.

Well that all said I checked the back and the TV was made in May 2007 in Japan.

If anyone has any hints or things I should do or know about when getting new plasma I would be grateful for the information.

Thanks guys for all your help.

grabbed a 42" PX7 last week...

great value and was sick of waiting for Samsung to get stock in... :)

cant see the justification in the extra in the PX70 for 1 hdmi and a robot in japan v a robot in chine assembling it

I notice this at extreme viewing angles (>150degrees), or reflection of a light on in the room. Otherwise can't see it and it doesn't affect the viewing experience

Muting the px70A tv sound leaves a "Mute" icon on the display - does anyone know if this disappears eventually ?

Not sure there, but on the PX600 it disappears after about 3-5 secs only only reappears if you change inputs/channels (again for 3-5 secs)

Could some one please post some good settings for the 50’ so I can try and turn my TV a little?

Try this or this 60/600 settings thread as a starting point

Muting the px70A tv sound leaves a "Mute" icon on the display - does anyone know if this disappears eventually ?

Yes is does go away. It takes about 1 minute. I was a bit concerned about it too originally because I thought it was going to stay on permanently.

Finally bit the bullet and got a 50" PX70A yesterday from Toowoomba Myer for $2699 + $229 (to extend warranty to 3 years).

The internal reflections can only be seen at extreme angles so it doesn't worry me now. I would rather have that issue then the reflection moire effect from the Samsung Q91.

I love my first HDTV!

Couple of questions though:

1. Is a slight buzzing sound normal for the Panasonic plasmas?

2. I have large Accusound speakers. Are these ok to be placed fairly close to the edge of the TV?

I'll hopefully post some pics of my setup soon.

Oh, and anyone know yet if the 700A has the same "double-image" issue on extreme angles?