New Samsung 1080p Models?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Settings for HD over HDMI have been posted on www.hdtvtest

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/2007/04/22/...m86bd-settings/

Great site, I'll be donating as well in the hope they put the SD configuration up as well.

I also called JB in chatswood today, and they said they've been told 'Early May' as well. Guess we'll just have to hold out for a release in the next week or two (hmmm, doesn't that sound familiar) :blink:

Given the price that some have been quoted for the 40 inch is around $3,500 it looks like the new model is not going to be that much more expensive that the previous model.

I saw the old model for $3,200 and got a best price of $3,000 but couldn't end up getting one because of the stock. However, I also saw plenty of places at $3,400 +

Looks like the Samsung Australia website now has some preliminary information on the M8 series: http://www.samsung.com/au/hdtv/m8.html .

Found it by clicking the new "HDTV Learn More" graphic on the Samsung Australia front page, and then click the "High Definition (HD)TV Solutions" tab. It's the first model that comes up, so hopefully it shouldn't be too far away now!

Went to my local JB last night and was informed the new Samsung panels will be in mid-end of the week (wed-fri).

No news about price but most of the guys there told me it will be worth the wait as I was looking at the Bravia panels.

I would be interested to be a part of a group buy for Melbourne.

Went to my local JB last night and was informed the new Samsung panels will be in mid-end of the week (wed-fri).

No news about price but most of the guys there told me it will be worth the wait as I was looking at the Bravia panels.

I would be interested to be a part of a group buy for Melbourne.

Mid-end next week I assume?

that link says the TV is 8000:1 contrast ratio ( dyanamic )

but ive been reading the new model was 15,000?

Nice find - it looks like we'll be getting the m87 then. No word of the m86 or n series for that matter.

As for the contrast ratio - the m87 definately has 15000:1, so I would hope that it's an error...

I rang Samsung- the girl there advised that her spec sheet is 15000:1- that the website must be wrong- when I said it might be a good idea to have it updated she said would pass it on- I offered her the location to make it easy, but she said they would know where it was- didn't sound like she was going to pass it on though..

I rang Samsung- the girl there advised that her spec sheet is 15000:1- that the website must be wrong- when I said it might be a good idea to have it updated she said would pass it on- I offered her the location to make it easy, but she said they would know where it was- didn't sound like she was going to pass it on though..

Yeah, I let my friend within Samung know too. I wish he could tell me more about release dates, but not with AV

On another note, here's a new review - 91%

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/samsung_le40m87bdx.htm

Yeah, I let my friend within Samung know too. I wish he could tell me more about release dates, but not with AV

On another note, here's a new review - 91%

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/samsung_le40m87bdx.htm

Cool, another good review ... and this is from reviewers that would certainly be more nitpicky than 95% of the population. Can't wait!

RELEASE THE FREAKING TV ALREADY, SAMSUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

I was really looking forward to seeing this screen but the review isn't that promising even though they gave it 91%.

"The one big criticism of the screen's picture is the colour reproduction. Even with considerable tweaking, colours often appeared over saturated and skin tones sometimes less than realistic."

"Fast paced sporting action or movie scenes do suffer from the bugbear of LCD TVs 'Motion Smear' but the effect is negligible and the LE40M87BDX is at least a match for most its competitors in this area." I find this to be a very bad thing with ALL LCD panels i have seen! I thought with the new Gen panels they may have improved a little.

"Audio performance on the LE40M87BDX can only be described as adequate. This is a result of 2 10w speakers being hidden in the bottom panel of the screen with a design which pushes the sound down and backwards only."

I guess the only real way to judge is to see it for myself i guess.

Settings for HD over HDMI have been posted on www.hdtvtest

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/2007/04/22/...m86bd-settings/

Great site, I'll be donating as well in the hope they put the SD configuration up as well.

I love that site. The fact that you can ask questions after the reviews/articles and they answer them for you and you can participate in a poll to choose the next HDTVs to be reviewd is something i haven't seen before.

I'll be sending them $30 to help with the cost of the Panels as soon as i find the donate button again.

Mid-end next week I assume?

Yeah sorry...next week (1st week of May). Another interesting thing he told me was that the prices of the other panels will go down a little bit as well. So there are plenty of options available!