Sign in to follow this  
hotwrc

New Samsung 1080p Models?

I'm going to head over to the Samsung store in Burwood, Sydney this weekend and try to dig up some answers.

Sweet, let us know what info you get out of them :blink:

FYI, samsung singapore website has been updated with the R8 and the new 1080p models for a while now.

And asia.cnet.com has done a first take on the new samsung 1080p and a full review comming soon.

They are saying this TV should be out in singapore next week.

So for us in Oz, should be VERY soon!!!

Samsung website should be updated today with the new TV's... according to JB the RRP for the 40" 1080p 15,000:1 contract ratio screen (dunno model number) will be $3986...

Heres hoping I can get a good deal with it...

Well, it wasn't updated.

Curse you Greyskull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it wasn't updated.

Curse you Greyskull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the Singaporean one (as mentioned previously) is probably going to pretty damn close. It's the same model numbers for a start...

http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/tv/lcdtv/index.asp

http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/tv/lcdtv/la40m81b.asp

http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/tv/lcdtv/la46m81b.asp

http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/tv/lcdtv/la52m81b.asp

Some bits from the SG manual

Just Scan (HDMI only): Displays the input scenes as they are without any cutoff when 720p,1080i,1080p(LA40M8, LA46M8, LA52M8) signals are input.

What about VGA?

You can view higher quality pictures by configuring the screen settings in PC Mode. If you set the Home Theatre PC function to On, you can configure the Detailed Settings (when Picture Mode is set to Standard or Movie) as in PC Mode.

Might be the version for VGA...

You can turn on/off the blue LED on the front of TV according to the situation. Use it for saving power or when the LED dazzles your eyes.

for someone who whinged about it

It seems the SG version does not have optical sound out (in the specifications on the website it indicates there is no output, and it also shows no optical output on the connection panel diagram on page 4 of the manual). Hope the Australian version has got optical out!

Also, I might have missed something, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of an in-built HD tuner on the website, and I couldn't see anything obvious about that in the manual...

It seems the SG version does not have optical sound out (in the specifications on the website it indicates there is no output, and it also shows no optical output on the connection panel diagram on page 4 of the manual). Hope the Australian version has got optical out!

Also, I might have missed something, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of an in-built HD tuner on the website, and I couldn't see anything obvious about that in the manual...

that's because there's no HD channel in that country, so no HD tuner for them.

that's because there's no HD channel in that country, so no HD tuner for them.

That makes sense :blink:

Expect the Samsung Australia website to be updated next week.

I checked with the guys at Bondi Junction JB today, and they said they're due at the end of next week, and will retail for around $3900 so will go down to around $3500 for cash.

lol the TV isnt even out yet. Im sure they can do better for that.

ppl were getting the X series for $3900 when the RRP was $4999 or something...

I will pay $3500 if they also throw in 2 HDMI cables lol.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting the LA40F71BX http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/lcdt...=Specifications in the next week or so, could you please let me know the main difference between this and the new LA40M81BD? Do you think it is worth while holding off until the new ones hit the shelves? Thought there might be a goo saving in the price drops on the older model?

Noddy

New one will have 3 x HDMI inputs, also 15000:1 Contrast ratio. Also inbuilt HD tuner.

HD tuner for myself and the 3 x HDMI inputs are a winner.

Also the new one has a shiny screen. I like the shiny screens.

Ummm except that's quite clearly a link to the manual for a LE40M61B. Don't really see why you'd say it was the manual for the Aussie model...

If you use the model name selector at the top of the page, though, you'll find that the LA40M81BD manual is available for download.

Didn't get a chance to go to the Samsung store on the weekend, will try for next weekend.

Have asked around a bit on RRP for the 46" m though... looks to be $4999

Hmmm $4400 for 40" and $5500 for 46" though

Other indicative prices we've been getting were $4000 for the 40"

What gives?

Looks like they're taking advantage of people pre-ordering before shopping around for the best price. Funny though, as I was going to buy the previous model from this website, as they had the cheapest price I could find.

Think I'll be waiting about a month or so post-release before buying this TV. Should be able to pick it up for about $3200~ by then I reckon.

Looks like they're taking advantage of people pre-ordering before shopping around for the best price. Funny though, as I was going to buy the previous model from this website, as they had the cheapest price I could find.

Think I'll be waiting about a month or so post-release before buying this TV. Should be able to pick it up for about $3200~ by then I reckon.

That would be very cheap. I can only hope to get one for that price.

Will/Could they really drop that much (20% from RRP - $4000->$3200) in just a month?

That would be very cheap. I can only hope to get one for that price.

Will/Could they really drop that much (20% from RRP - $4000->$3200) in just a month?

Until they hit the shelves anything now is just speculation, wait until it lands and people start reporting where and how much they got it for. Wont take long to workout what the 'real' prices are.