New Samsung 1080p Models?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

My friend at HN told me the following. He confirmed this with the rep:

LA26R71 ongoing

LA32R81BDX and LA40R81BDX avail in may replacing R71. 8000:1 contrast.

LA40M81BDX,LA46M81BDX and LA52M81BDX avail may replacing F71. 15000:1 contrast

PS42Q9 and PS50Q9 avail may replacing the Q7. he told me the same specs

1080p plasma.....TBA but coming

Hi All

My friend at HN told me the following. He confirmed this with the rep:

LA26R71 ongoing

LA32R81BDX and LA40R81BDX avail in may replacing R71. 8000:1 contrast.

LA40M81BDX,LA46M81BDX and LA52M81BDX avail may replacing F71. 15000:1 contrast

PS42Q9 and PS50Q9 avail may replacing the Q7. he told me the same specs

1080p plasma.....TBA but coming

Hi Guys,

Spoke to Samsung today and they said the website should be updated either the end of this week or early next week. They should also be in stores within 2 weeks.

Not long now!!!!!!

Christopher

Thanks for the info! :blink:

Went into JBHIFI Melbourne today, one of the guys in HIFI was talking all about the 'new samsung thats arriving in 3 weeks, BEST TV ON THE MARKET' (usual sales spin) ... he said stock would go quite quick...

Anyone else got any additional information, I wasn't able to speak to him first hand.

I spoke to him too (Danny) said the price of the 46" M series one would be about $4700 but could probably do it for $4500.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread....33&page=129

Recieved my LE40M86 from beyondtelevision this morning and am just back after playing with it all day.

I have to say that I am blown away! This set exceeded my expectations in every way. It truly is a stunning set. I know some people dont like them, but I LOVE the glossy screen. Deep rich blacks and eye-popping colours.

I checked -

Green speckles on PS3/HDMI/1080p - None

1080P on XBOX360 over component - no problem

(I already knew about the XBOX360/VGA/1920x1080 problem so didnt bother trying)

1920x1080 from HTPC using VGA - no problem

1920x1080 from HTPC using DVI to HDMI - no problem

Im absolutely delighted. PS3 and XBOX360 look stunning.

Big smile!

==================================

From our friends at UK AVS forums.

Hmmm.. just wondering aloud..

This is the cost of the equivalent model in the US dollars:-

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LNT4665F-108...V/dp/B000NVLQ72

Samsung LNT4665F 46" 1080p LCD HDTV

List Price: $3,699.99

Our Price: $2,599.99 FREE SHIPPING

So on todays conversion that's:-

$2,599.00 USD = $3,105.85 AUD

United States Dollars Australia Dollars

1 USD = 1.19502 AUD 1 AUD = 0.836808 USD

Doing the sums & allowing for higher duty/ imposts/ misc "shipping to Australia- charge more" costs-

Surely the base sale price at the retailers would be around or even below $4000?

especially if they are already giving out 'special' prices in the $4500-$4700 range prior to release

Holy sh!t!!

I had to do a double take there PanaSung. Thought for a minute you'd gone and gotten yourself an HD display!! :D

Wait till Owen sees the bit about the Deep rich blacks!! :P:blink:

Well I'm not too far off.

As for the deep blacks....ALL websites I've read are commenting on the improvement in LCD blacks{Sony/Samsung/Sharp}......so I'm very excited by the prospect of the new Samsung and Panasonic LCD's.

Owen and co are most welcome to make any obsevations they feel is relevant, but they must remember that not everyone wants a massive TV, nor does everyone have such one dimensional HDTV habits....IOW, LCD is the king of versatility.

Recieved my LE40M86 from beyondtelevision this morning and am just back after playing with it all day.

I have to say that I am blown away! This set exceeded my expectations in every way. It truly is a stunning set. I know some people dont like them, but I LOVE the glossy screen. Deep rich blacks and eye-popping colours.

I checked -

Big smile!

What's the XBOX360-VGA-1920x1080 problem?

I checked -

Big smile!

Sounds like it could be worth waiting for, hope its not just HYPE!

I just called JB hi-fi in Chatswood Sydney and they said the new models are arriving at the end of June :blink:

Did he try and do you an "Awesome deal that no-one else will be able to come close to" on an F7 set? There probably just telling you that to try and clear stock sitting in the warehouse!

I think the issue was an 'over scanning' issue over VGA and HDMI or something... from what I could understand...it was bearly noticable... only the real videophiles kicking up a stink and making it seem worse then what it was...

Videophiles don’t give a stuff about overscan, it’s the people wanting a PC monitor for normal PC duties that care.

Overscan is normal for any TV and does not detract from video quality; in fact some overscan is almost always required with video.

Zero overscan is not practical for the majority of video content and that’s why all TV’s overscan.

just going back to the original topic of conversation....

Last week I bought a Samsung 50' Plasma ( PS50Q7HDX ) from Domayne. The unit has a buzz and is going to be replaced. They were going to replace it with the new model out in Mid to Late April. The guy called me today and stated that the new Plasma's are going to be released in a month and a half. He searched and found another shop had a OS50Q7HDX and is getting that sent. Now I am not sure if this new release time frame includes the new LCD's, but thought I would let you know anyway.