New Samsung 1080p Models?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the new samsung accept 1080p over component as the review states? If it's true then it would be awesome for my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive.

Also, does it come with a built in digital tuner?

Thanks

Did you actually read that review? The guy seems to know his stuff. We can only go off what it says until it's released and listed on the samsung Australia website.

Third line of the first page says: "colour space, and ability to accept 1080p input across component, VGA and HDMI"

There is a section headed "Freeview (Digital TV)" on page 6

This is the UK version which will be basically the same the thing as the Australian except we won't get the SCART connectors.

What's the difference between the M86 and M87 series?

sigh... from the forum link on each page of the review:

According to Samsung, LE40M86BD and LE40M87BD both have the same technical specifications… the only thing different is the styling: the M86 sports a black/blue strip under the panel; and the M87, a silver strip

I have been watching them - though cautious given we dont always end up with what overseas gets - and lack of specs from samsung Aus - I guess with the launch on the weekend we will find out...and assume they will be arriving next week...?

I am also concerned about the excessive glare...and how the glare compares to current models....

Any views?

Cheers

Steve

Yeah, I've been reading of a few issues regarding glare too - apparently one of the downsides of the increased dynamic contrast ratio (15,000:1) is that they had to use a reflective screen (ie like the newer laptop ones). There is another model called the N86 which has a reduced dynamic contrast ratio of 10,000:1 and a non-reflective screen - but not sure if we'll be getting this model. here are some pics:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread....233&page=61

Just popped in to Harvey Norman in town (Melb QV store)- They had some tradespeople working on a new Samsung display in the home theatre section- assume it can't be far off the shop floor now- got some guff about them having arrived, but Samsung is holding off till the old stock clears- probably out in early May- They also mentioned some new Samsung Plasma 50 inch due out nowish.. could be what the display is for

Yeah, I've been reading of a few issues regarding glare too - apparently one of the downsides of the increased dynamic contrast ratio (15,000:1) is that they had to use a reflective screen (ie like the newer laptop ones). There is another model called the N86 which has a reduced dynamic contrast ratio of 10,000:1 and a non-reflective screen - but not sure if we'll be getting this model. here are some pics:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread....233&page=61

Ouch. This means the boss is going to kill me - an LCD with reduced glare is one of the approval criteria...(my order for the previous model never arrived, so I have this on pre-order instead..).

Cheers

Steve

More pics of reflections here, post 1091. You might need to register to see them. I'm getting a little worried as well, as one of the main reasons I leant towards LCDs in the first place was because there would be less glare - the tv will be directly opposite my double balcony doors. On the other hand, most of my tv viewing will be at night...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread....233&page=73

It does it over component too which the Samsung supports too... :blink:

I didn't know that either, I'm waiting till the model comes with HDMI, or should I just get a Xbox now and go via Component or VGA ?

I have a F7 Samsung panel.

Steve

I didn't know that either, I'm waiting till the model comes with HDMI, or should I just get a Xbox now and go via Component or VGA ?

I have a F7 Samsung panel.

Steve

Its up to u I guess. But there are some great deals out not for the 360 and u wont be getting any of those later one for the Xbox Elite which will prob cost $750ish...

Samsung website is down. Fingers crossed.

Its back up and nothing new so far... :blink:

Went into JBHIFI Melbourne today, one of the guys in HIFI was talking all about the 'new samsung thats arriving in 3 weeks, BEST TV ON THE MARKET' (usual sales spin) ... he said stock would go quite quick...

Anyone else got any additional information, I wasn't able to speak to him first hand.

Went into JBHIFI Melbourne today, one of the guys in HIFI was talking all about the 'new samsung thats arriving in 3 weeks, BEST TV ON THE MARKET' (usual sales spin) ... he said stock would go quite quick...

Anyone else got any additional information, I wasn't able to speak to him first hand.

Is there a white version in the 1080p series?