New Samsung 1080p Models?

JB advised retail for the new 46inch 1080p LCD is $4799 with HD tuner inbuilt. Its in there system as of today.

I have a faulty 50inch samsung plasma and they cant replace it. so they gave me options and told me I can pay the difference and get the 46inch LCD.

This sounds pretty good. Do you by chance have a price for the 40'?

Thanks

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to ask them again. I had to call them to sort out my 50inch plasma. Basically, I get to keep my current 50inch plasma as its slightly faulty and they have no others to replace it with. So i get the newest model PS50Q9HD for the same price as i paid for the Q7HDX model.

If the 1080p lcd's are cheaper as I have been told they will from Samsung, I can pay the difference and swap for the 46inch LCD.

From speaking with the sales guys, they dont really tell you the price. when I asked them if they are going to be cheaper they just said, cant say but they possibly will be.

• 2 weeks later...

This version will have a 15,000 contrast ratio.

They next version is 50,000 or 100,000?

Any idea how many months later this will be out here?

I think thats the new LED Backlight screens... and they wont come cheap, being the latest and greatest when they finally arrive, I would expect a RRP of 5K+ for a 40"... hardly think its worth it, im very very impressed with the new 1080P screens out at the moment.

However to be fair. the new LED Backlight screens are not out yet to compare, from all accounts there is a definite improvement... but not worth the premium you have to pay for it to begin with.

EDIT:

Anyways back to the topic... if the 40" RRP is going to be 4K, should easily get it down to $3200 - $3300 (going off people being able to get the 40" X series for $3999 with a RRP of $4599)

I've been reading up a lot on these new LCDs overseas and there is a LOT of interest in the UK and US. I find it curious that people on this forum appear to be fairly nonchalant... is it because no-one knows much about them?

Surely these will be the best value 1080p sets in OZ within 2 weeks?

I've been reading up a lot on these new LCDs overseas and there is a LOT of interest in the UK and US. I find it curious that people on this forum appear to be fairly nonchalant... is it because no-one knows much about them?

Surely these will be the best value 1080p sets in OZ within 2 weeks?

I have been watching them - though cautious given we dont always end up with what overseas gets - and lack of specs from samsung Aus - I guess with the launch on the weekend we will find out...and assume they will be arriving next week...?

I am also concerned about the excessive glare...and how the glare compares to current models....

Any views?

Cheers

Steve

Different Harvey Norman confirmed $3999 on the computer. Coming out "any time soon".

He couldn't give a model number but said it was the M series so based off the UK review I would guess LA40M86BD and LA46M86BD

Sounds like it could be a good one.

He offered the Sony KDL40X2000 at $3980 including 5 year warranty which isn't bad but I'm going to wait for the Samsung I think since it could be better for the same money with 3 year warranty (+1 year for my credit card) i.e. basically the same.

Some UK links:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...32m86bdxxeu.asp

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...40m86bdxxeu.asp

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...37m87bdxxeu.asp

A 37" would certainly interest me. Save a few $$ and about the right size for my living room.

Different Harvey Norman confirmed $3999 on the computer. Coming out "any time soon".

He couldn't give a model number but said it was the M series so based off the UK review I would guess LA40M86BD and LA46M86BD

Sounds like it could be a good one.

He offered the Sony KDL40X2000 at $3980 including 5 year warranty which isn't bad but I'm going to wait for the Samsung I think since it could be better for the same money with 3 year warranty (+1 year for my credit card) i.e. basically the same.

Some UK links:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...32m86bdxxeu.asp

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...40m86bdxxeu.asp

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...37m87bdxxeu.asp

A 37" would certainly interest me. Save a few $$ and about the right size for my living room.

the aus models will be LA(size)M81BDX... i've got the 46" ordered... LA46M81BDX

I stopped into a HN store yesterday and a guy there checked his pc and said the LA46M81BDX and LA52M81BDX are due in 3 to 4 weeks and that the 52" model (LA52M81BDX) has a rrp of $7995. He didn't say anything else like, "There should be quite a bit of movement on that price."

I almost said to him, "I'll be a cash buyer and i don't intend to pay anywhere near that much for a Samsung."

He was also trying to tell me that the current Samsung F71 series kicks the Sony Bravia X's ass.

That's contrary to all the reviews i've read on the net.

I stopped into a HN store yesterday and a guy there checked his pc and said the LA46M81BDX and LA52M81BDX are due in 3 to 4 weeks and that the 52" model (LA52M81BDX) has a rrp of $7995. He didn't say anything else like, "There should be quite a bit of movement on that price."

I almost said to him, "I'll be a cash buyer and i don't intend to pay anywhere near that much for a Samsung."

He was also trying to tell me that the current Samsung F71 series kicks the Sony Bravia X's ass.

That's contrary to all the reviews i've read on the net.

I was looking for the discontinued F71 and was comparing it to the Bravia X (an extra $1k though - $3k vs $4k). From what I saw of crappy HD TV etc and the SWAT blue ray disc everyone's playing, the Bravia X was definitely a better TV.

I'm waiting for the M series Samsung to come out and then I'll decide between it or the Bravia X.

Went into JB at Knox City (Melbourne) today. I am looking at getting the 40" and I was told the RRP is $3979. He said that when its avalable (in about 2 - 3 weeks), to come in and he can do some sort of 'special deal'. I just said off the top of ya head, whats the best you can do? he said when you come in, lets try and aim for $3200 - $3500 with a Free HDMI Cable...

Sounds Tempting enough....

Whats the warrenty with Samsung? 3 Years?

I will be going to JB hopefully tomorrow to get some information on these new Samsung's, does anyone else have any other useful information from the launch?

Is the general consensus from retailers that these units will be available in 2-3 weeks?

Edited by krilla