Epson Tw1000

Thanks for the reply Zubiz. I'm a tad confused though - in another post, I think you mentioned that you called them up, and they said they would honour their warranty? What ended up happening there?

Epson seem to have an excellent reputation among consumers in terms of warranty, so hopefully, they will honour an international warranty.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't ask about inporting I only asked about buing one whilst overseas and bringing it back and their reply was that they would honour warranty on any Epson projector purchased overseas because it is an Epson no matter where it was purchased. That is why I said that I personally can't see the difference in inporting. So if you purchase it personally overseas your covered if you inport you may not give them a call yourself and ask the more people that do the clarification we might have on the issue.

I see what you're getting at. There shouldn't be too much difference between bringing it in yourself and importing, however you know with companies and fine print. Thanks for the reply, if I decide to go down this road I'll give them a call.

Hmmm this projector has caught my eye especially for the price....

Im going to contact someone inside Epson Australia directly and see what I can snag one for otherwise importing from HK seems very very tempting!

But what about customs etc?

Hmmm this projector has caught my eye especially for the price....

Im going to contact someone inside Epson Australia directly and see what I can snag one for otherwise importing from HK seems very very tempting!

But what about customs etc?

Im going to contact someone inside Epson Australia directly...

Hello Chris, did you manage to get a reply from Epson? You're right - the Epson seems like a very tempting purchase, and although the JVC HD1 is an excellent projector, it's twice the price.

Hello Chris, did you manage to get a reply from Epson? You're right - the Epson seems like a very tempting purchase, and although the JVC HD1 is an excellent projector, it's twice the price.

This is where yopu have to weigh up the pro's and cons,can youi justify it??

Ah!!!!!decisions?

For $3,000 I don't know how you can do any better to be honest...

Then again, for $200 more, you can get the HC5000. That's a tough choice. How did you decide on the TW1000 ajm, and was it the right one (seriously, between those two projectors, I don't think anyone could be unhappy!)?

Then again, for $200 more, you can get the HC5000. That's a tough choice. How did you decide on the TW1000 ajm, and was it the right one (seriously, between those two projectors, I don't think anyone could be unhappy!)?

I read your other post, no need to reply. Hope you're happy with it so far mate.

The TW1000 carries a 2 year international warranty. Which means it WILL be repaired at

a service centre in Australia if something goes wrong - Even though you got it from Japan

or wherever.

The HC5000 does NOT have that same type of warranty, so you would have to pay for the

round trip to and from the supplier in Japan or wherever you got it from.

Airmail to Japan for a projector of that weight is about $160AU.

So a $320 round trip.

ssan2, as I'ce said previously, the only things that swayed me were the issue with the warranty (although without something in writing I'd take this with a grain of salt) and some suggestion in a review that the HC5000's iris can be a little "laggy". Having said that I didn't notice this myself in the demo of the Mitsu and if buying locally the warranty would be a mute point.

That's why I say I don't think you could go wrong with either.

...and FWIW when I bough the TW1000 it was about $400 dearer than the Mitsubishi. Seing as it's now cheaper I reckon it's an even better deal.

If you believe what you read in PJapan, then it is pretty clearly stated.

About warranty

Warranty is valid only in Japan for 1 year. It is not valid in your country.

International warranty or more than 1 year warranty will NOT be applied.

When machines need warrant repair, you should send machines to makers in Japan, via us.

May be Epson has a different policy but don't blame them if trouble arise. I guess they see it differently between buying oversea from an authorized dealer and import through internet.

Also the following seems important and means something...

We strongly recommend not to tell its serial No. to others.

Its warranty in Japan will become void if you disclose its serial No. on open internet site or Makers directly.

I will be more than happy to buy the TW1000 if Epson really honour their international warranty. But I do have my doubt after reading what PJapan said.

Any place in Sydney demo it and about how much?

If you believe what you read in PJapan, then it is pretty clearly stated.

About warranty

Warranty is valid only in Japan for 1 year. It is not valid in your country.

International warranty or more than 1 year warranty will NOT be applied.

When machines need warrant repair, you should send machines to makers in Japan, via us.

May be Epson has a different policy but don't blame them if trouble arise. I guess they see it differently between buying oversea from an authorized dealer and import through internet.

Also the following seems important and means something...

We strongly recommend not to tell its serial No. to others.

Its warranty in Japan will become void if you disclose its serial No. on open internet site or Makers directly.

I will be more than happy to buy the TW1000 if Epson really honour their international warranty. But I do have my doubt after reading what PJapan said.

Any place in Sydney demo it and about how much?

About 6 grand here in Australia.

About 3 grand from Price Japan.

Why don't you just ring Epson to verify what is already old news...

I would not worry too much about the price japan website.

It is fact, the epson carries an international warranty and

WILL be repaired in Australia if purchased from overseas,

including price japan.

Even if it was not covered, the round trip to japan and back

is all of $320. You're still over 2 grand in front at worst.

Head Office - Sydney

3 Talavera Road

North Ryde, NSW 2113

Locked Bag 2238

North Ryde BC1670

Tel: (02) 8899 3666

Fax: (02) 8899 3777

Ask for the tech support section, not sales.

The TW1000 just dropped to an RRP of $5,000 in Australia today

That's awesome news. Better prices will mean more people

buying locally instead of buying offshore.

This is a great step in the right direction. We can only hope

other vendors follow suit.

Here's the link to the press release on the price drop:

http://www.epson.com.au/news/press_release...0&Year=2007

Thanks for the news oz, and the link Muzzer. Epson seem to be making the right move here, and it means that in terms of 1080p purchases in Australia, they're really pushing out in front. However, is it really worth spending nigh on $2000 extra to buy locally and have peace of mind in terms of warranty?

Thanks for the news oz, and the link Muzzer. Epson seem to be making the right move here, and it means that in terms of 1080p purchases in Australia, they're really pushing out in front. However, is it really worth spending nigh on $2000 extra to buy locally and have peace of mind in terms of warranty?

Yer but that $5,000 is full RRP.

Shouldn't you be taking into account that street prices here in Australia will be considerably lower than that?

I don't know if you can, but what if you could buy it for $4,000 or lower?

Surely that makes the importation look less attractive.

Well this is the whole argument, 2 grand more so you can call the oz retailer for them to most

likely tell you to call Epson, then goto the post office and send it in for warranty repair.

You have the same local warranty with P japan, save 2 grand and buy it from price japan.

I am all for supporting aussie business but if someone can save 2 grand and have the

exact same local warranty I don't know too many people that would pay the extra,

in fact I don't know anyone that would fork out 2 grand more for the same product.

Totally different story with non international warranty projectors. ie. everything else.

Then again people are still buying the HC5000, saving 2 or 3 grand, and at worst

paying $350 for the return trip if there's a fault.

Remember one thing, projectors are not designed to break down on a regular basis,

and once the warranty period expires you can simply pay to get it fixed here, it won't cost extra

because you didn't buy it locally. The service centres run businesses too.

Prices here need to drop and epson have taken the right step. Let's just hope others follow suit.

Good point. If they can get within a $1000, and perhaps even more depending on sales, and further decreasing prices (as this will certainly start a price war between companies), then buying locally proves a greater option. 1080p, around 3K, in Aus? Perhaps it's not too far away...

Actually, I wonder what effect a powerbuy on the TW1000 would have on it's price. Anyone hazard a guess?

Good point. If they can get within a $1000, and perhaps even more depending on sales, and further decreasing prices (as this will certainly start a price war between companies), then buying locally proves a greater option. 1080p, around 3K, in Aus? Perhaps it's not too far away...

Actually, I wonder what effect a powerbuy on the TW1000 would have on it's price. Anyone hazard a guess?

Yep, my guess is it would be lower :blink:

(sorry)

If say 5 units you would likely get a few hundred dollars off extra, if 20 probably double. Think of it from the retailers perspective - he needs to make a bit more margin for the sale and time spent than selling one or two.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been following the price on PJ over the last couple of days and it keeps coming down! Now its $2914 which I assume is door to door.

given the currency strategists are calling the $A at 90c US by years end (possibly earlier) I think that will be an amazing opportunity to cash in on something like that.

Imagine getting something like that for say $2600!