New 42" 1080p Sharp Aquos Due End Feb 07

Of all the Professional people that i know who use the 46" Aquos, I have not heard of banding problems. It may be an issue with smaller panels that (a) Not mad in Japan (:blink: Not full 1080.

Much as i am loathed to weigh into this little fistycuff you boys are enjoying, I have to say you are wrong with the above comment on banding. There is a pile of forum posts on the issue in the US and I personally tested a 46" aquos (not the new P range) 3 weeks ago and the banding was very evident.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still didn't say if you worked for Samsung????????????

I don't work for Samsung, Panasonic, WOW, HN, DSE, Retravision, JVC, NEC, BENQ, ACER, HP, DELL, Compaq.....I'm just like NEO,....just another guy.

Btw, seems someone else has heard about the banding issues{whoops, it doesn't pay to be a fanboi}....LOLOLOL

I don't work for Samsung, Panasonic, WOW, HN, DSE, Retravision, JVC, NEC, BENQ, ACER, HP, DELL, Compaq.....I'm just like NEO,....just another guy.

Btw, seems someone else has heard about the banding issues{whoops, it doesn't pay to be a fanboi}....LOLOLOL

Ah its good to have a hobby.

Want to bet? How do you back up your info, and who do you work for - Samsung? I work in the Professional TV industry, but not any electronic component company. Sony have some very good products, so others. I use a Samsung 'Next G' phone, it had to have its LCD panel replaced within 5 weeks?

Having reseached this LCD problem for a while with different companies, I would back a Sharp against any other panel (same release time wise).

Sharp was the first company with a LCD panel for your info 1988.

Hey killer, you're probably also 5 foot nuthin....but that aside, it's common knowledge that Sharp have had banding issues, and it's also common knowledge that other panels have had their problems.

I'm not knocking any of the 07 models, and I sincerely hope that a number of them get it right.....but right here and now, if I had to buy a TV, it would be a Panasonic Plasma.

From planet troll so it seems.

So it's okay for Gepm to hurl **** at me good Dr?

Is it also okay for Gepm to clone a Sharp marketing exec?

With regard to comments you make about other forum members, I'll leave them to reply.

As for hurling ****, what's your motivation for doing it ?

I would hate to clone ANY marketing exec. Theres too many already.

Let them settle down and don't take it so seriously. It's only TV - or is it?

I don't know anyone who thinks buying dodgy products is all fun and games, but then again, you come across as rather immature.

Don't forget, you're the one who calls Samsung a lesser LCD, yet the Sharp also has problems, IOW, you're not a reliable source of information.

Panel as in 1366x768x3, which equates to 1289x720 active picture.

You still didn't say if you worked for Samsung????????????

Of all the Professional people that i know who use the 46" Aquos, I have not heard of banding problems. It may be an issue with smaller panels that (a) Not mad in Japan (:blink: Not full 1080. If there are some out there I'm sorry I(we) have not heard about it since the arrival of the Aquos 1080 panels.

As a side issue you may need to seek anger management, I'm not angry at you, just pointing out your technical evaluation of Sharp v Samsung LCD. I find getting a cat or dog helps.

This is not to defend for panasung, but just to add my views.

Above statement you made is not very accurate...as far as manufacturing is concerned. Whether they are made in Japan or China, if they all bear manufacturers badge it is ultimately manufacturer's responsibility for their quality assurance regardless of where they are made from.

Have you been to both Sharp and Samsung LCD plant to make a cat and dog comparison?

You are asking Panasung to be specific on which company is he working for yet you don't exactly tell us whom are you working for. Working in "the professional tv industry" is too broad...isn't it? ABC, SBS, Ch7, Ch9 or Ch 10 or some small community small tv station? So who do you work for???

As you know this is strictly HD tv forum section not mobile phones. Because you brought it up on anther post so let me add my comments on Nokia. I used to use an old Nokia 8210 had scramming lcd problems (well known) and had to replace 5 times within warranty period which I had no mobile phone with me for over 7 weeks no replacement during those times. They should have recalled the product but they refuse to do so. With my experience, I won't buy Nokia agan!!! My brother is using samsung and he couldn't be happier.

cheers

david

I also have a E100 Samsung mobile{OLED screen}....still in perfect working order nearly 3 yrs later.

Btw, why hasn't anyone asked whether I work for Panasonic, I mean you have figured out that's what the "Pana" stands for right, and you may have seen me repeatedly say that the best TV is the Panasonic Plasma.

I don't know anyone who thinks buying dodgy products is all fun and games, but then again, you come across as rather immature.

Don't forget, you're the one who calls Samsung a lesser LCD, yet the Sharp also has problems, IOW, you're not a reliable source of information.

No its not. But its not a live or die issue. I'm flattered to be called immature.

Lets leave it at this, I would not want to recomend to my worst enemy a Samsung LCD (46" or larger), over a Sharp LCD of the same size, but if you are happy with your Samsung - good luck.

For qulality LCD panels larger than 46' Sharp seem to be the best. As I said another main TV network just brought a whole swag of Sharp LCDs. Where I am, we are buying 1 or 2 to see if they can last as long as CRTs. Another audio mixdown studio I know of uses a 46" Sharp because it was the only one at the time he could use for lip sync work, all flat panels have some latency compared to CRTs. Some audio mixdown producers use delay in the audio to make the monitoring system work with flat screens.

I also have a E100 Samsung mobile{OLED screen}....still in perfect working order nearly 3 yrs later.

Btw, why hasn't anyone asked whether I work for Panasonic, I mean you have figured out that's what the "Pana" stands for right, and you may have seen me repeatedly say that the best TV is the Panasonic Plasma.

You have said you don't work for Panasonic, but if you do we do have some SD Panasonic LCDs (26").

After all this I think the worst I said is "Why would anyone recomend a Samsung over a Sharp LCD?"

I don't think thats a really nasty attack on you, but if you think it is sorry for that comment, but it is a free world.

Please bring back high qulaity CRTs, but alas that is not going to happen as even Sony have dropped their highest quality HD prosfessional monitor - around $36K. We all have to move to LCDs.

Lets leave it at this, I would not want to recomend to my worst enemy a Samsung LCD (46" or larger), over a Sharp LCD of the same size, but if you are happy with your Samsung - good luck.

Anyone who knows anything about HDTV, mobile phones and PC monitors knows that Samsung are a major player....as to whether any specific Samsung product has a problem is a matter for internet research.

I have a 8 yr old 68cm Sharp CRT which has never missed a beat, so I'd be delighted if the 07 range of Sharp LCD's hit the spot, but "some" of the older stock had issues, as such, it's ludicrous denigrating Samsung when their panel may have been a viable purchase.

Panansonic LCDs, what can I say. They only exist for their relatives cheapness, nothing else. They smear and smudge like a satin on a windscreen, horrible.

Like gepm, give me a quality glass CRT any day.

I think that's unlikely these days.....I've seen the Panasonic 32in in store and it was quite good+ the feedback from this very forum is very positive.....however, I would never buy a larger LCD for SDTV/Foxtel/DVD....I would buy either a SD plasma{$1400 for brand new NEC}, or a HD panaplasma{$1700}.

After all this I think the worst I said is "Why would anyone recomend a Samsung over a Sharp LCD?"

I don't think thats a really nasty attack on you, but if you think it is sorry for that comment, but it is a free world.

Actually, I'd prefer the truth if you don't mind.....also, I'll point out that it's pretty gutless to talk tough from behind your keyboard, .......I'm fairly certain you'd never try your tough/clever guy routine face to face :blink:

Actually, I'd prefer the truth if you don't mind.....also, I'll point out that it's pretty gutless to talk tough from behind your keyboard, .......I'm fairly certain you'd never try your tough/clever guy routine face to face :blink:

Those who know me say - you betcha he would. But I still think you are taking this a we bit too seriously.

I take my work very seriously, but not some of the comments people throw at each other on this forum.

I think I did say I did not mean to offend you – just your technical recommendations. Separate them if you can. You are most likely a nice person and if you really want to – do a PM to me. I will reply.

So anyways........ back to the forum topic........

has anyone seen the new 46 or 52 inch Sharp LCD's in shops yet?? what prices?

cheers

Check the new Bing Lee catalogue, they have all the new Sharp panels.

PD7X models

52" $9299

46" $6799

42" 5199

GD7X models

52" $8799

46" $6299

42" $4799

Less haggling of course :blink:

I think I did say I did not mean to offend you – just your technical recommendations. Separate them if you can. You are most likely a nice person and if you really want to – do a PM to me. I will reply.

I accept your apology.

One of the problems of the net is that people's comments can often seem hostile, when no hostility was intended....I suspect that was the case both ways between us....however, I still have my opinions and you have yours, but being that you're in amongst it all{your work}, I'm sure most people are glad to have you contribute.

...Btw, why hasn't anyone asked whether I work for Panasonic, I mean you have figured out that's what the "Pana" stands for right, and you may have seen me repeatedly say that the best TV is the Panasonic Plasma.

If anyone doubts PanaSung credentials when stating any facts or knowledge on any topic on the DVT forum, I'd do a search on some of his previous threads. It will quickly show you, as it did me, you'd be best getting accurate and factual opinions from other posters.

debunk

discredit

If anyone doubts PanaSung credentials when stating any facts or knowledge on any topic on the DVT forum, I'd do a search on some of his previous threads. It will quickly show you, as it did me, you'd be best getting accurate and factual opinions from other posters.

Well said.