Isf Calibration On Pioneer 507

Just about to buy a 507 (I think). Pardon my ignorance but what does ISF stand for?

Pioneer plasmas come with installation, calibration and tuition included in the price. So are you guys getting them calibrated again by someone better qualified?

Is anyone using the PDP S40 Under Speaker? If so, what do they think of it?

Phil

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~

Pioneer plasmas come with installation, calibration and tuition included in the price. So are you guys getting them calibrated again by someone better qualified?

~

The Pioneer range of professional panels (42MXE20 and 50MXE20) include a calibration, I believe, done to ISF standards. Lyle will confirm this, being a recent purchaser of the 50MXE20. The 427 and 507 are domestic panels and include delivery, installation, set up, tuition and 5 yr warranty. Don't for a second think that "set up" will deliver the results of a professionally calibrated screen.

An ISF calibration of the 507 will be an additional few hundred $$, and effectively price it in excess of what some here have gotten the 50MXE20 for...

As for what it stands for: I'm just as ignorant as you... :blink:

Guest wozzah
The Pioneer range of professional panels (42MXE20 and 50MXE20) include a calibration, I believe, done to ISF standards. Lyle will confirm this, being a recent purchaser of the 50MXE20. The 427 and 507 are domestic panels and include delivery, installation, set up, tuition and 5 yr warranty. Don't for a second think that "set up" will deliver the results of a professionally calibrated screen.

An ISF calibration of the 507 will be an additional few hundred $$, and effectively price it in excess of what some here have gotten the 50MXE20 for...

As for what it stands for: I'm just as ignorant as you... :D

Imaging Science Foundation ... for what it is worth! :blink:

Yes, that is all correct (weight).

Imaging Science Foundation ... for what it is worth!

http://www.imagingscience.com/

For those that are interested.

There is a course that you have to do become certified, but the art of calibrating only comes with practice /experience.

The Pio's are nice to calibrate because the controls needed are easily accesible as opposed to other panels.

I did the course last year so am certified but am still learning. (experience needed).

Thanks for that. Sorry about the dumb questions. I've been a projector fan for the last 10+ years and am slowing getting to know the ins and outs of Plasmas

No dumb questions and all that....all the Pioneer installer will do is make sure the channels are setup, show you a little how to use the set and the controls, and wish you a lot of viewing pleasure. For me that was enough, I have never had it professionally calibrated (a 506) but would be interested to see the difference one day.

• 2 weeks later...