Pioneer 50mxe20

Read posts 2 and 6 above. Not much higher praise than seeing a well thought of ISF calibrator with one.

Best price I've seen is the $5K I mentioned above but prices may have come down since then.

I would own one if the better half would agree.

This price includes the installation, 5 year warranty AND an ISF calibration.

From what I've seen it is an outstanding plasma but lacks the tuner (if that is important to you).

How much better than the 507 is hard for me to qualify/quantify but I believe it to be better. And aesthetically it is much better.

Hi lyle!

THnaks. i got quote from a place for 3200 for 42inch and 4200 for 50inch. I am looking cheap bargain for my friend. For me i already purchased panasonic PV60A in November. DO you think its a best price or better wait for another 3-6months for the price come down.

THanks.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lyle!

THnaks. i got quote from a place for 3200 for 42inch and 4200 for 50inch. I am looking cheap bargain for my friend. For me i already purchased panasonic PV60A in November. DO you think its a best price or better wait for another 3-6months for the price come down.

If it includes everything, that is a very good price.

• 2 weeks later...

Now a very happy 50MXE20 owner. Guests walk in see it and just stand and stare, after a couple of minutes normally get a comment like, that picture is unbelievable. Hard to get a conversation going if it's on, unless it's about the TV :blink:

Got mine through The Big Picture People at Knox, $4,450.00 for panel with usual 5 year, installation & calibration. Got Digitalview DVH-505 tuner for $500.00 to go with it which is great unit. Very happy with service, knowledge and advice, I dealt with Ben.

Only downside is I now find it a bit annoying to watch standard Foxtel signal.

It seems there's a good general consensus for the commercial model of the plasma. I must look out for them and see that for myself.

I've had my PDP-5000EX for almost 9 months now, and am still mesmerized by the picture quality. I just recently got in touch with Aaron from AVICAL to get the screen calibrated, so I can't wait for the final result.

The only complain I have is the occasional HDMI hand shaking issue between the screen and the Denon A1XVA DVD Player. I can get around this by turning off/on the player again to get the handshaking working again. Also, the X-Box 360 component only supports 1080p @ 50/60hz (the screen supports component @ 1080p/24), but I'm sure that's more of the limitation of the X-Box than the screen itself.

Now if only we can just fast forward to a time where there are plenty of HD-DVD/Blu-Ray dual format players....

K William Ma

Is this a 1080p panel ? If not, has anyone done a comparison between the 50MXE20 and a 1080p ?

At work we had the 5000ex (1080p) sitting next to the 50MXE20. The 50MXE20 has better contrast than the 5000ex and is a BIG step above the 507, but the 5000ex showing HD content is just breath taking! no other words to describe it.

I am too a very happy owner of 50MXE20, I got mined delivered on Monday the picture is unbelievable. Also waiting to get Topfield 7000HDPVRt before the calibration but now I have to wait to run in my new unit. :blink:
Tomrrow for me!

Are you happy with the 7000?

Tomrrow for me!

Are you happy with the 7000?

That's great your going to luv it.

Getting the 7000 in two weeks and after that my free calibration.

To all those people wanting to get the Pioneer 50MXE20 get it don't wait it's better than the 507.

Getting the 7000 in two weeks and after that my free calibration.

To all those people wanting to get the Pioneer 50MXE20 get it don't wait it's better than the 507.

All I can say is WOW!!

Also got the 7000 to it via component and the S-97 via HDMI - and again WOW!!

Happy Lyle

All I can say is WOW!!

Happy Lyle

:blink:

Might have to try and have alook at one of these, does anyone know who sells them in Adelaide?I take it that that they can be bought for under $5k ?

(Edit; company called Electro board sells them in Adelaide)

All I can say is WOW!!

Happy Lyle

congratulations lyle, this ones been a long time coming for you so can just imgine jsut how happy and over the moon you are to have both plasma and hdpvr :blink:

How does this unit comapre to the PDP-5000EX?

MXe 20 is probably the best alternative to the 5000ex ..... at about 1/3 of the price.....

however if money is no object and most of your sources are HD.... 5000EX ....

they are my two favourite panels to match to an external scaler....

MXe 20 is probably the best alternative to the 5000ex ..... at about 1/3 of the price.....

however if money is no object and most of your sources are HD.... 5000EX ....

they are my two favourite panels to match to an external scaler....

Agreed, I have a mate that has the 5000EX and for him money was no object. On the day he bought the 5000 he also bought his amp and speakers etc. Cut a cheque for $35K without batting an eye.

I'm not in that ballpark. The 50MXE is a fantastic alternate.

For me, there's just no substitute for the 5000EX. Most of souces are displayed at 1080p (directly and indirectly - meaning via video scaler) and 1080i (DTV, X-Box 360).

In the words of Lyle, WOW!

Still, I'd love to check out the MXE-20.

Congrats on your new toy, Lyle!

K William Ma

EDIT: OOPS - Sorry I read 50MXE20 and you said 5000EX. Good question! One would expect the price to come down but maybe not until there is a bit more competition.

God, the forum editing is slow today!

Edited by Lyle