1080 Projector Poll

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im staying with 720p for the time being but only because my budget wont allow for the upgrade - maybe in another year I might upgrade my Z5 to a native 1080p Projector. :blink:

PS. native 1080p + HD DVD is not hype, I've seen the HC5000 in action and it is worth the money for it's superb rendering of SD DVD alone, that Silicon Optix HQV ReonVX chip produces the best SD PQ i've ever seen!

I'm with you on this one djOS,just had another look at it @BBP in Cheltenham yesterday.Damm its nice!

Resolution is sooo good.

Like your HT pics and set-up.

That is one big room (or looks it). A JVC would go very well there! :blink:

Thanks for the compliment.

Yep its a mutha of a room.Approx 6x15x3.2 mtres.At this stage it looks like its going to be a Mitsu5000,one day.

Soon I hope?

So g70s are now classed as 1080p, eh? :P In 2:35 configuration. :P

Shows what a year or so absence from the avsforums can do for ya! :blink:

Where were "the clippers" back in my day! :D

Someone's had a short back 'n' sides! :P

Yeah. Apparently if you remove the black bars from a 2.35 signal the reduction in bandwidth allows projectors such as XG135's, G70's and 8500's to resolve the "1080P" signal completely. It's become quite common over at AVS for the "8 Inch" guys to post pictures proving this point. Anyone can get 1080P out of a 9 incher.

I still think you'd be running a fairly "agressive" raster though.

G'Day guys,

As a suggestion, as we are also talking cost vs benefit in picking one of these projectors as being a major factor - can we add the retail and street price to each projector so we have all info in one place ?

...only a suggestion !!!

G'Day guys,

As a suggestion, as we are also talking cost vs benefit in picking one of these projectors as being a major factor - can we add the retail and street price to each projector so we have all info in one place ?

...only a suggestion !!!

Problem with that is that it then is in danger of becoming a best price thread and we don't want to see that!

Yeah. Apparently if you remove the black bars from a 2.35 signal the reduction in bandwidth allows projectors such as XG135's, G70's and 8500's to resolve the "1080P" signal completely. It's become quite common over at AVS for the "8 Inch" guys to post pictures proving this point. Anyone can get 1080P out of a 9 incher.

I still think you'd be running a fairly "agressive" raster though.

Instead of sending 1920x1080p, you send 1920x817p so this means same picture information in 2.35 with ess bandwidth required