Th42px600a Owners! Anyone Passed The "purple Snake" Test?

Hi Senoj!

Thanks i copied both files from #25 as you mentioned and burined as VCD. It has totally 3 slides. I can see a green in middle and the white square change colour. In the surrunding it is black grading. If the panenl is affected, where should we see purple snake? The middle green color should be as purple, is that mean? Would be nice if you can mention where should we notice for the purple..

My pana PV60A is made in Japan manufactued on June 2006...

You'll get purple rings. Maybe about 3/4 of the way out from the centre of the screen. The middle bit does not go purple AFAIK. Mine wasn't, but then mine is fine.

Way to go Nick, enjoy the set - be careful with 7 and 9 in regards to IR and station logos during sport. It panicked me a bit when it appeared, but now has disappeared (took a while). I'm running my contrast and brightness at about 30% of full level (on the bars) and even that is a tad bright at night.

Chris

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll get purple rings. Maybe about 3/4 of the way out from the centre of the screen. The middle bit does not go purple AFAIK. Mine wasn't, but then mine is fine.

In my test I had fant purple rings about 3/4 out( see post 68 & follow the link) but Harry potter looked find. maybe the test isn't 100%?

In my test I had faint purple rings about 3/4 out( see post 68 & follow the link) but Harry potter looked find. maybe the test isn't 100%?

I must admit that mine had the faint rings too, but I couldn't discern too much purple in them so I discounted them.

All other source material I have tried has shown no purple including the David Letterman bridge.

I must admit that mine had the faint rings too, but I couldn't discern too much purple in them so I discounted them.

All other source material I have tried has shown no purple including the David Letterman bridge.

Just thinking out loud, maybe it has got to do with tv standards. eg aust tv 'pal' -- euro tv 'ntsc. It seems to be more wide spread on the euro sets witch run the NTSC standard. :blink:

Way to go Nick, enjoy the set - be careful with 7 and 9 in regards to IR and station logos during sport. It panicked me a bit when it appeared, but now has disappeared (took a while). I'm running my contrast and brightness at about 30% of full level (on the bars) and even that is a tad bright at night.

Chris

Hi

Thanks. No i played all 3 tests whch copied from #25 and all were fine,no purple ring and i played in my crt tv also, the picture same as in plasma. In this case i do believe my panel pass this test. Mine is PV60a Made in Japan in June 2006. So far for the past 3months its going very good.

I haven't changed my settings which i put all settings below 50 from beginning. Does this may be a reason for no purple in it...

Hi

Thanks. No i played all 3 tests whch copied from #25 and all were fine,no purple ring and i played in my crt tv also, the picture same as in plasma. In this case i do believe my panel pass this test. Mine is PV60a Made in Japan in June 2006. So far for the past 3months its going very good.

I haven't changed my settings which i put all settings below 50 from beginning. Does this may be a reason for no purple in it...

Maybe, but then I wound mine up to 100% and still no issues. Now I run abut 30% on each

Maybe, but then I wound mine up to 100% and still no issues. Now I run abut 30% on each

Hi!

SO it should be 30%. mine all i put like 45, ie contrast, brightness, color etc all 45 from beginning. How long do we have to keep these settings. Mine is so far 3months and i am sure it past around 300 hours. DO you thin i can change back to high???

Thanks.

Hi!

SO it should be 30%. mine all i put like 45, ie contrast, brightness, color etc all 45 from beginning. How long do we have to keep these settings. Mine is so far 3months and i am sure it past around 300 hours. DO you thin i can change back to high???

Thanks.

No. Maximum 50% is recommended. I've got mine at 30% because in our front room (which faces south) there is a lot less light than the back loungeroom. At 50% it is too bright.

Recommended is <=50% for first 200 hours or so. Then from 200 to 1000 no more than 15% of 4:3 viewing (from Pana website). Then after that......should be fine on any setting.

Just chek your hours run on the service menu if you are concerned.

Chris

No. Maximum 50% is recommended. I've got mine at 30% because in our front room (which faces south) there is a lot less light than the back loungeroom. At 50% it is too bright.

Recommended is <=50% for first 200 hours or so. Then from 200 to 1000 no more than 15% of 4:3 viewing (from Pana website). Then after that......should be fine on any setting.

Just chek your hours run on the service menu if you are concerned.

Chris

how do you get into the service menu?

Quote from AVForums in UK. Works here as well

a. Press analogue on remote and go to channel 99

b. Turn up bass to maximum

c. Turn down treble to minimum

d. Press V/- on TV while holding index button on remote

Now you can see service menu 1

e. Keep pressing green button and watch throuh the options. you will reach one point where you cannot go further (ie. the same display though you press green button)

f. Press hold button on remote (next to index button)

Now you can see service menu 2

g. Again browse through various options by pressing green button. After 7/8 screens you can see the screen showing number of hours used.

after noting the number of hours used, press exit button to return to original screen

Quote from AVForums in UK. Works here as well

a. Press analogue on remote and go to channel 99

b. Turn up bass to maximum

c. Turn down treble to minimum

d. Press V/- on TV while holding index button on remote

Now you can see service menu 1

e. Keep pressing green button and watch throuh the options. you will reach one point where you cannot go further (ie. the same display though you press green button)

f. Press hold button on remote (next to index button)

Now you can see service menu 2

g. Again browse through various options by pressing green button. After 7/8 screens you can see the screen showing number of hours used.

after noting the number of hours used, press exit button to return to original screen

Thank-you for the info, 245hrs so far. had one problem couldn't find the exit button to get out of s-menu so crossed my fingers & turned tv off & back on. worked well. :blink:

Your eyes are painted on, right?? Exit button is on the remote, directly opposite the menu button

No not painted on I double checked :blink: seriously there is no exit button on my remote. opposite menu is a button with a N on it, above menu is R-tune,beside menu is TV/AV

Has anyone with this purple snake problem logged it with Panasonic and received notofication of a fix?

People in the UK are starting to get their D-boards replaced as new boards arrive from Japan and repair instructions go out to service technicians from Panasonic.

Did anyone watch 24 earlier tonight? There was a daylight shot of Jack & Curtis & then suddenly, as they walk past a white wall, the purple snake appears.

This is the first time i've noticed (without looking for it) it during a day shot - all previous spottings (which weren't really purple, more a greenish, greyish tone) were during dimly lit scenes.

Just so happens I have fired off an email to Panasonic Australia, but strangely enough, no reply has been forthcoming yet.

I suppose they'll want to get their story straight first - oh, cynical me!

I am interested in the reply, as I love my Pana Plasma, even with the snakes.