Sign in to follow this  
laurie

Owners Thread Sony Bravia "r" Series (sxrd) 60"-70" 1080p

Ended up being just the lamp not what the tech said (lamp driver). Gave the set to my parents lol and acquired another set from a bloke who didn't want it any more (so now have 2 70" models). Have just bought a 75" Samsung but curious to see if anyone is still using their old rear Pro Sony TVs? 

15 hours ago, Frank Castle said:

Ended up being just the lamp not what the tech said (lamp driver). Gave the set to my parents lol and acquired another set from a bloke who didn't want it any more (so now have 2 70" models). Have just bought a 75" Samsung but curious to see if anyone is still using their old rear Pro Sony TVs? 

Had a 52" Sony rear pro back in the day. Sorry I ever got rid of it - beautiful set with brilliant screen uniformity and awesome aspect ratio adjustment. No HDMI input was a hassle though.

As a matter of interest, which Samsung 75" TV did you purchase and any feedback?

Hi guys. My sister purchased a Sony LCD 65"IMG_3655.thumb.JPG.303e81411d3fbd7422084659963c232d.JPG Tv from JB just over 1 year ago and went over to visit and noticed this black horizontal line going right across the bottom on the screen. I'm guessing it's a fault with the panel but it's now approx 3 weeks over the warranty period. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've attached a pic of the fault and the manual cover. Thanks in advance.

IMG_3658.JPG

58 minutes ago, pc9 said:

Had a 52" Sony rear pro back in the day. Sorry I ever got rid of it - beautiful set with brilliant screen uniformity and awesome aspect ratio adjustment. No HDMI input was a hassle though.

As a matter of interest, which Samsung 75" TV did you purchase and any feedback?

Not even sure on the model tbh, might have been a 7 series? My wife and I just bought it from Harvey Norman it was only $1800ish on sale last week, which seemed reasonable for a 4k 75" TV. Was more of an impulse buy. Doesn't get delivered for another 3 weeks though. 

1 hour ago, Frank Castle said:

Not even sure on the model tbh, might have been a 7 series? My wife and I just bought it from Harvey Norman it was only $1800ish on sale last week, which seemed reasonable for a 4k 75" TV. Was more of an impulse buy. Doesn't get delivered for another 3 weeks though. 

Thanks - sounds like the NU7100. I think you will be surprised. Decent contrast/black levels and good screen uniformity. No HDR or local dimming but 4K content will look fine. Interested to get your feedback in due course.

1 hour ago, pc9 said:

Thanks - sounds like the NU7100. I think you will be surprised. Decent contrast/black levels and good screen uniformity. No HDR or local dimming but 4K content will look fine. Interested to get your feedback in due course.

Yes sounds like the one, will let you know what I think but don't have much else to compare to as it's the first 4K set I've owned.