Sign in to follow this  
big_marcelo

Tv On Pc (via Internet) - Any Good?

Looks good, but it appears that you need THE media player (not just any) - now WMP11 is good at a few things, but playing widescreen video is not one of them. I prefer VLC media player for that because you can easily change the aspect ratio.

To phrase that another way, how can I view these streams on a widescreen tv/monitor without the black bars at the top & bottom?

I hope it's something microsoft fix in future versions because right now it's a fairly severe limitation.

It's true that WMP is not perfect even in its 11 version. To put in full screen, you must to double-click on the video. Idem to reduce it.

Check out TVersity too. Also acts as a media server, its free, and has a very active user community which is always finding new streams.

G'day,

Had problems posting mate? Got it 3 times on screen it seems, Thought it was the servers on here...

Anyway, Internet TV from what I've seen can be interesting, some Asian countries love the Internet streaming scene it seems, ESPN and Star Sports both having some promotion from TVU.

There are links to watch Cricket matches live online as well, via Internet TV, so those matches that dont get played on either FTA or Pay TV, are now accessible

The TVersity forums contain a forum which lists free streaming TV channels (and other content). Some dross there but some good stuff too.

Anyone see this on Today Tonight????

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/4...ut-price-pay-tv

Any thoughts.

Some bloke charges you $50 for a program to watch Net TV.

You can get the same program as a free download.

Quality with AUS broadband, Zzzzzzz, hopeless. Some of the channels such as news, have stories that are hours old, not current. Its a toy thing really.

Try CHANNELCHOOSER, pretty much the same thing, free too:

http://www.channelchooser.com

Edited by Keepleft

Does anyone know what would be the best software to get Fox, HBO and CBS on the net for free? im interested in these particulary CBS. any help?

Does anyone know what would be the best software to get Fox, HBO and CBS on the net for free? im interested in these particulary CBS. any help?

There is no software allowing that.

There is an IPTV provider in the US broadcasting those channels but they're only allowed inside the US.

Same goes for the CBS Fox websites (like Hulu) - you can watch if you're in the US. Some people talk about getting it but they're bypassing the local checks by using US proxy servers - they're not just doing a simple subscription.

iTunes sells US shows from those networks too - but only the US iTunes store, not the Australian (which sells US-ABC and Aus-ABC, but not CBS/Fox etc).

Jon: "Simple' Why pay money and why download software when you can watch over 5,000 free International tv via the internet? visit: http://wwitv.com/

Scoll down the page and pick the country you wish to watch then the page comes up with many FTA channels and all you need is real player and or media player ( the latest version 11)

And you will be watching live international tv in moments.. And if you wish to view it on your large television all you do is connect cable audio and image pc to the tv and thats all it takes simple"

Hmmm....specifically, what type of cables would allow one to view the video and audio contents from a pc on your tv? Ive heard of a number of people doing this but they've never mentioned about the cables they used. I don't suppose you could use firewire and transfer the contents to a dv recording device?

Hi guys,

I know this thread is old but I was wondering if their were any other pay tv services like A2btv in the staes. I swear about a month again I found a UK one but now it's disappeared, in google at least.

Thanks

Loppy