Sign in to follow this  
big_marcelo

Tv On Pc (via Internet) - Any Good?

I was referring to the shysters who advertise on Ebay and Google Ads selling "Free Satellite TV on your PC" then provide the gullible buyers with freely available links like channelchooser and links to free software like TVUplayer, TVants and Sopcast.

I had another look, and that site (channelchoosers) is loaded with traps for the gullible! eg: "100% FREE satellite TV...Register here with email..." then, in very fine print " free access by winning our weekly raffle" !! :blink:

The links that are free all seem to be very poor PQ anyway.

I just saw someone ask about Tv On Pc on the Program Call For Help ( whichs is on Foxtel) it was interesting to note that

what you are actually downloading is a file that contains links to certain websites which provide webtv, All of which you can get for free if you search hard enough.

On the show they also gave out a link for a great program that will be released soon called Joost.Its from the same ppl

that invented the internet phone company Skype. http://www.joost.com/

Yes Joost is very exciting! I cant wait for it to start. Have a look at the available channels, there will be some good stuff there for FREE and LEGIT! I actually signed up for the beta but never get an invite :blink:

Not long now though.......

Yes Joost is very exciting! I cant wait for it to start. Have a look at the available channels, there will be some good stuff there for FREE and LEGIT! I actually signed up for the beta but never get an invite :blink:

Not long now though.......

WTF why are they making it hard to download software I entered my name and password then it came up with Woops!! any help for a non techie user pleaseeee

cheers laurie

WTF why are they making it hard to download software I entered my name and password then it came up with Woops!! any help for a non techie user pleaseeee

cheers laurie

Must have been the beta sw you tried for, as Joost hasn't been released yet.

In the instructions fot beta dl it says:

"....To use Joost, you must have an invitation from an existing user. Until you receive an invite, you won't be able to download the software....."

Working for me :blink:

cheers laurie

What ver. Windows media player your running?I'll try updating my wmp. Just updated and it works now..

Before Christmas I installed TVU player and used to get about 30 channels, nothing too exciting, so I haven't bothered with it. Today I was cleaning up unused programs and came across TVU again and fired it up, player is ok but no channels came up on it at all. Presumably it couldn't find anything to connect to, so has TVU died?

Presumably it couldn't find anything to connect to, so has TVU died?

No, it still works, maybe you just need to download the latest version.

Of the US networks there's only Fox left. Looks like NBC, ABC and CBS all set their lawyers on them. I'm actually surprised, because I would have thought the Murdoch empire would have been the first to complain.

There's still another 50 or so channels, but nothing much worth watching.

When you select a channel to view and you see the buffering starting to slip backwards what is that telling me?

cheers laurie

Guest jon10210

Simple' Why pay money and why download software when you can watch over 5,000 free International tv via the internet? visit: http://wwitv.com/

Scoll down the page and pick the country you wish to watch then the page comes up with many FTA channels and all you need is real player and or media player ( the latest version 11)

And you will be watching live international tv in moments.. And if you wish to view it on your large television all you do is connect cable audio and image pc to the tv and thats all it takes simple :) And im here to give you my 1 cent on this that beats the rest of all money eaters :)

you can watch all free and live with a quality of 300K or more some may be 100 or less but pretty much theres 100's to choose and watch.. Including the national highway stream camera patrol 24/7 in vaginia usa.

highway stream camera patrol 24/7 in vaginia usa.

Wow.. sounds umm intimate

Anyway I am using sopcast at the moment. Most of it is crap but they are showing Channel 10 sydney every night big brother is on... If you are using XP, the "allow" Sopcast but "block" the Sopcast Adver

Simple' Why pay money and why download software when you can watch over 5,000 free International tv via the internet? visit: http://wwitv.com/

Scoll down the page and pick the country you wish to watch then the page comes up with many FTA channels and all you need is real player and or media player ( the latest version 11)

And you will be watching live international tv in moments.. And if you wish to view it on your large television all you do is connect cable audio and image pc to the tv and thats all it takes simple :) And im here to give you my 1 cent on this that beats the rest of all money eaters :)

you can watch all free and live with a quality of 300K or more some may be 100 or less but pretty much theres 100's to choose and watch.. Including the national highway stream camera patrol 24/7 in vaginia usa.

did anyone try this??

You know wwitv.com, try to this website :

http://www.tvonline.2ya.com

It’s free with nothing to download, Just need a media player. :blush:

Looks good, but it appears that you need THE media player (not just any) - now WMP11 is good at a few things, but playing widescreen video is not one of them. I prefer VLC media player for that because you can easily change the aspect ratio.

To phrase that another way, how can I view these streams on a widescreen tv/monitor without the black bars at the top & bottom?

I hope it's something microsoft fix in future versions because right now it's a fairly severe limitation.