Samsung La40f71bx And La46f71bx

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not particularly happy with the picture on my LA46F71BX. I have tried calibrating it, but I did it at night, and the pictures seemed way to dark during the day after that, so I had to crank the contrast again.

This is via Component....

What are other people doing? Using the default settings?

Is anyone willing to post their customer settings if they have calibrated theirs?

Thanks,

Zilch.

Hey Guys,

I have been eyeing this LCD tv for few months now and with the price you guys are saying $2900 for 40 inch? I will definately be getting one hopefully this weekend.

Before i go out and get this tv, can anyone tell me how would the quality with a VCR? my wife watch alot of tapes (dont ask why).

secondly there is NO inbuilt Hd tuner? So will I need to get a seperate box if i want HD? seems little stupid for samsung not including them.

Lastly i have a very basic Pioneer DVD player, can someone confirm the quality will be as good as my current LG Flatron CRT TV?

Oh also am i able to get good enough quality if i watch DIVX, AVI stuff that i got off the internet?

THanks for your help all

Edited by anguang

What price are people paying for the 40" in WA?

The best I have seen was $3500 at JB cannington, I wasn't serious about buying it that day so I didn't bother haggling.

Is anyone got it close to $3k like over east, that's my limit?

my wife watch alot of tapes (dont ask why).

Oh, I'll ask why :D

My brother-in-law seems obsessed with taping stuff then watching some of it. He tapes heaps of stuff but never watches all of it and half of it is just stuff that's pointless to tape. There's tapes all throughout their house. Drives my sister up the wall. She reckons that she needs to get a HDD recorder but I reckon he'll just fill it in no time :blink:

Edited by Redav

Hey Guys,

I have been eyeing this LCD tv for few months now and with the price you guys are saying $2900 for 40 inch? I will definately be getting one hopefully this weekend.

Before i go out and get this tv, can anyone tell me how would the quality with a VCR? my wife watch alot of tapes (dont ask why).

secondly there is NO inbuilt Hd tuner? So will I need to get a seperate box if i want HD? seems little stupid for samsung not including them.

Lastly i have a very basic Pioneer DVD player, can someone confirm the quality will be as good as my current LG Flatron CRT TV?

Oh also am i able to get good enough quality if i watch DIVX, AVI stuff that i got off the internet?

THanks for your help all

Hey Guys

Any Help on the above questions? Any owner of the Samsung F series wanna share some ideas?

Thank you

Hey Guys,

The quality of VCR tapes generally sucks. Getting a new TV won't fix that. If it sucks on a small CRT, it will really suck on a large high-def flat screen.

Built in tuners suck in general, esp if you want a a home theatre setup. I'm annoyed that I had to pay for a crappy analogue tuner that will be useless in a few years. Get a HD STB.

I can't confirm that. I have no idea what your LG CTR looks like or what size it is. My Pioneer DVD player sucks in general (it's a few years old). The DVD quality was a bit disappointing on mine when I first tried it (via component). Don't expect it to look like BlueRay which is probably playing in the store. On refelection it's probably not that bad.

I have no idea what you mean by "good enough". I watch DIVX and AVIs all the time from my XBox with no complaints. Just remember if you get a high def large screen you will see the artefacts and other quality issues much more than you could on your old CRT.

Zilch.

Hi guys,

That is AWESOME news about the firmware coming soon. I just hope it's not bullshit as I know the avsforum people in the US have been waiting for ages and still nothing. Good to hear there is an Aussie Samsung tech saying it's on it's way though.. Fingers crossed.

So what sort of cable will you need to apply the update? Does the cable come with the tv when you buy it?

Would applying the UK firmware from the second to last post here work on our tv's? =)

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthr...5836&page=3

I'm just happy I can finally pull the trigger on this beast. Was contemplating plasma, but for a htpc and a bit of gaming here and there I think lcd is the way.

Cheers

I got LA46F71B for $4000 today. Very pleased. I have hooked up to my Topfield PVR and my PC it's awesome.

Very Pleased. I downloaded some 1080p content on the internet and it looks amazing.

Hi OLB42, Could you please PM me the contact person and a copy of the receipt, I am in Sydney and I have been watching the 46' model for long time, want to get it ASAP. Thanks.