Sign in to follow this  
rwo

Samsung La40f71bx And La46f71bx

For anyone looking for the new Samsung LA46F71BX - I purchased one from JB Hi Fi at Bondi Junction for $4300 :blink: (dealing with Alastair). I think the marked price was about $4999. This was the best price I was able to get after a bit of shopping around.

They have the 40" ones marked at $3500 at the moment.

Hi Giggles

I'm going to buy this model next week Can you tell me exactly which JB HI FI Shop marked 3500 AUD.

Thanks

Hi Giggles

I'm going to buy this model next week Can you tell me exactly which JB HI FI Shop marked 3500 AUD.

Thanks

Jitu,

JB Hi Fi at Bondi Junction had the 40" (LA40F71BX) marked down to $3500. You might be able to get them down below this, as $3500 was the display price. I would ask to speak to Alastair as he was good to deal with. The Bondi Junction store is located within the Westfield Shopping Centre, down the Myer end.

Jitu,

JB Hi Fi at Bondi Junction had the 40" (LA40F71BX) marked down to $3500. You might be able to get them down below this, as $3500 was the display price. I would ask to speak to Alastair as he was good to deal with. The Bondi Junction store is located within the Westfield Shopping Centre, down the Myer end.

Hi all,

Got to this forum because I just bought 40" (LA40F71BX) from JB Hi Fi at Bondi Junction today. They dropped the sale price down to $3370 and I did the deal at $3150 including delivery. Was preferring the Bravia X 40" but the best price on that one is still $4000, which is a huge difference. Am interested in the discussion re the various connection discussion and firmware upgrades here. Good luch all.

Hi all,

Got to this forum because I just bought 40" (LA40F71BX) from JB Hi Fi at Bondi Junction today. They dropped the sale price down to $3370 and I did the deal at $3150 including delivery. Was preferring the Bravia X 40" but the best price on that one is still $4000, which is a huge difference. Am interested in the discussion re the various connection discussion and firmware upgrades here. Good luch all.

Thanks all

Is this JB HI is in Sydney or Melbourne?

Hi Guys,

I just joined this forum after stalking it for the last few weeks trying to make a decision on an LCD. I final decided to go with the Sammy La40F71BX. I just wanted to confirm that I too got it for 3150 at JB this weekend...Indooroopilly store in Brisbane. I also wanted to know if there has been any updates on the 1:1 HDMI firmware for Aus yet, as I really want to run my 360 via VGA and PC via DVI/HDMI

Hi Guys

This is my first post so please be gentle. I have been revewing all the discussions since December last year trying to make up my mind between which tv to buy. After my extensive research I have narrowed it down to 2 tvs:

*Pioneer 427XDA

*Samsung LA40F71BX

I went shopping on the weekend to see the best price I could get for these 2 beasts - best I could find were:

Pioneer $3999 including pioneer 250 gb HD/DVD (was the 640 model only - no HDMI connectivity)

Samsung $2,970

Both of these prices were ticket prices before any haggling.

I watch mainly FTA / Foxtel and DVD's for the kids - no requirement for gaming / PC (though would be nice to know I could if I wanted to in the future).

When I first started looking I had made up my mind that Pioneer was the way to to based on the great reviews of the 6th gen panels. However the early reviews of the 427 suggest that it is not that great on SD / Foxtel. I would love to have your feedback. Are these criticisms just in reference to the 6th gen or in reference to all similar size plasmas.

HELP - any feeback would be appreciated as I want to go and by this machine ASAp as I don't think those prices will hold.

Cheers Luke

I have sent Win at Sumsung a quickemail to see where we are at with the firmware update... he said it should be arriving last week.. or maybe he meant it was being sent from Korea last week? Either way we should have it really soon :blink:

yay

I have sent Win at Sumsung a quickemail to see where we are at with the firmware update... he said it should be arriving last week.. or maybe he meant it was being sent from Korea last week? Either way we should have it really soon :blink:

yay

Thanks for the update. Is there any news if the bug with it loosing the setting on power off has been fixed?

Do you think it is worth contacting Win to see if it it is possible to enable PIP in component via a Firmware upgrade?

Zilch.

Hey all, just had an udate from Win at Samsung:

Hi Scott,

I already received the firmware from HQ.

I want to test at my end and make sure everything is right before release to my customer.

Pls give me some time to do it. Have a good day.

Best Rgds,

Win

I'll update you all as soon as I know any more news! This firmware had to be made from scratch, from the sounds of things.. so who knows, maybe it will enable a few new things that the UK firmware didn't!?

Now, is there anyone in the hills district of Sydney who would be willing to come over to my place with a Windows laptop who could install the update? I dont have a PC :blink:

I'll update you all as soon as I know any more news! This firmware had to be made from scratch, from the sounds of things.. so who knows, maybe it will enable a few new things that the UK firmware didn't!?

Now, is there anyone in the hills district of Sydney who would be willing to come over to my place with a Windows laptop who could install the update? I dont have a PC :blink:

I have a laptop and am in Hornsby. Do you have the cable though? Also, what happens if the firmware dies part way through the update? :-)

Zilch.

I have a laptop, will travel. I'll like to update my 46F as well.

For anyone looking for the new Samsung LA46F71BX - I purchased one from JB Hi Fi at Bondi Junction for $4300 :D (dealing with Alastair). I think the marked price was about $4999. This was the best price I was able to get after a bit of shopping around.

They have the 40" ones marked at $3500 at the moment.

Pick up on the 21 Dec for $4300 @ JB Chatswood. No shopping around....this is close to cost price.

Hey again

Thanks to the guys offering laptops. From what I have read on the UK update, if it fails in the middle of the update, just run the update again, it should be fine.

It seems that Samsung has dropped the cost price of this unit to somewhere down near $2900 or so, because people are getting their sets VERY cheap now. I paid $3666 which WAS cost price back in December.

Once the update is here, I'll definitely take one of you up on the laptop, unless of course the Samsung guys want to come install it for me :blink:

Hey again

Thanks to the guys offering laptops. From what I have read on the UK update, if it fails in the middle of the update, just run the update again, it should be fine.

It seems that Samsung has dropped the cost price of this unit to somewhere down near $2900 or so, because people are getting their sets VERY cheap now. I paid $3666 which WAS cost price back in December.

Once the update is here, I'll definitely take one of you up on the laptop, unless of course the Samsung guys want to come install it for me :blink:

wow $3666

Was that for 40F or 46F?

wow $3666

Was that for 40F or 46F?

Id guess that is the 40F as 2900 is about the cheapest reported for it.

Any other opinions on how this screen performs with FTA TV inparticular sport? When I saw this beast playing Blu-Ray I thought it was a winner but haven't seen it doing anything else apart from playing Fantastic Four. I figured I'll go have a look for myself once I get around to buying one but wondered what others reckon.

*Samsung LA40F71BX

I went shopping on the weekend to see the best price I could get for these 2 beasts - best I could find were:

Pioneer $3999 including pioneer 250 gb HD/DVD (was the 640 model only - no HDMI connectivity)

Samsung $2,970

Both of these prices were ticket prices before any haggling.

Hi - do you mind saying where you saw the Samsung at that price?

i really only watch DVDs, HD Broadcasts, and XBOX 360 on mine. I rarely watch standard definition broadcasts... but they look OK.

Standard Definition DVDs, using the built in upscaler in the TV, look great, or using the XBOX360's scaler, also look great. But the winners at the moment, by far, are the HDTV broadcasts... Channel 9's CSI:Miami will BLOW YOU AWAY!!

Just knocking...

Is that firmware is availavle yet....

So, will a PC detect one of these screens as a device and know what it is and then allow a 1920 x 1080 resolution to be set or do you just specify that the video card is to output a 1080 signal?

So, will a PC detect one of these screens as a device and know what it is and then allow a 1920 x 1080 resolution to be set or do you just specify that the video card is to output a 1080 signal?

With both my Vaio laptop (ATI gfx) and my HTPC (Nvidia gfx) the resolution is automatically set to 1920 x 1080 when I connect over the PC input (DSUB) no messing around needed at all.

This screen looks amazingly good over dsub (1:1 pixel mapping) so I can only imagine how great it will look once we get the firmware to do 1:1 over HDMI / DVI

...when I connect over the PC input (DSUB) no messing around needed at all.

As in VGA input yeah?

Wonder if the 640M I have with onboard video could manage :blink: (probably not :D)

Shall be getting a dedicated box for it at some stage anyway.

The Dell 640m? I'd guess that it can do it fine. I'm using a five year old AGP card which works good.

The Dell 640m? I'd guess that it can do it fine. I'm using a five year old AGP card which works good.

I also emailed Win about this firmware update today... getting my 46" unit in a few days - can't wait!