Samsung La40f71bx And La46f71bx

Since I began routing my HTPC through my Denon AVR-3808 to the Samsung, I've rarely needed to touch the P.SIZE button anymore because I've set the AVR to constantly output 1080p to the HDMI monitor.

Before I got the upscaling AVR the Samsung would revert to overscanning when the Windows XP screen or BIOS screen was showing. Now, no problem.

That's going to be the best solution I think. Pitty I have already spent a fortune on a Yamaha amp with no HDMI :angry2:

I know it's a Denon rather than a Yamaha, but can you confirm it upscales the BIOS text screens, windows boot screens, etc? Also any issues with component, composite, SVideo etc?

Also, has anyone found a discrete remote code for setting the screen to JustScan?

Zilch.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*bump*

Is anyone running this TV through an HDMI capable Yamaha A/V amp? I'm thinking about buying one but am worried I'll get it home and find that it doesn't solve the problem with it jumping out of JustScan. I'm hoping that it will scale absolutely everything I throw at it up to 1080p so I can just leave the crappy TV in JustScan and turn it on and off with the Harmony remote.

• 6 months later...
I just had the tech out to upgrade the firmware. Unfortunately all the firmware that they installed did was fix the issue with the colours cycling when using movie mode. I called the company and enquired and was told that the firmware they have had nothing to do with the 1:1 pixel mapping even though I specifically mentioned that this was the issue to be upgraded.

Now they want to take the tv away to the shop for 2 weeks because the problem according to them is possibly a mainboard issue and they need to inspect it at the workshop.

Has anyone else in Brisbane had any luck getting the 1:1 firmware applied?

Hi Ace

Did you ever get the colour cycling fixed.

My TV has had the main board replaced and the screen replaced.

Only the 'Movie Mode' doesn't cycle.

Is it a firmware problem?

• 1 year later...

• 3 months later...

Hi Justifier, do you still have the firmware if so can you please send me the firmware too? Oh is this firmware the Au ver where the 2 component will still be working prefectly?

kwan_de@hotmail.com

Thanks alot

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...