Samsung La40f71bx And La46f71bx

I put a deposit on mine the week before christmas and i am still waiting. If this is true and its not going to arrive until 26-28 of Feb i think i will just change to a Bravia! ahh this is driving me crazy. Originally i was told 2 weeks, then end of Jan, now it is supposed to be Thursday this week.

tonehenge how much did you pay for yours? Which JB did you get it from? The guy at JB Marion told me that JB in VIC/SA alone have 50 of these on backorder!

I also got it from JB Marion. Got mine for $4180. I stupidly paid the whole amount already though =(

markgts, you must be the guy they told me about when I wanted to get mine and they warned the 46" is out of stock and some other guy has been waiting for a month already. But wow, the week before christmas?? Dood that is ****ed up. They told me it would be a week or two when I bought it.

I spoke to John the manager down there and he said he's spoken to the samsung rep. The tv's are "on the water" and will be here Feb 26-28. I just wonder if this is even accurate now and if we'll still be empty handed come end of Feb =(

I doubt I could get a better deal anywhere else though so I guess I'll just have to be patient. The new model sammy's will probably be out by the time we get these though lol

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also got it from JB Marion. Got mine for $4180. I stupidly paid the whole amount already though =(

markgts, you must be the guy they told me about when I wanted to get mine and they warned the 46" is out of stock and some other guy has been waiting for a month already. But wow, the week before christmas?? Dood that is ****ed up. They told me it would be a week or two when I bought it.

I spoke to John the manager down there and he said he's spoken to the samsung rep. The tv's are "on the water" and will be here Feb 26-28. I just wonder if this is even accurate now and if we'll still be empty handed come end of Feb =(

I doubt I could get a better deal anywhere else though so I guess I'll just have to be patient. The new model sammy's will probably be out by the time we get these though lol

I bought my LA40F71BX for $3750 with 7 years warranty. I'm pretty happy with the price.

Free delivery aswell.

Now I have to find a HDSTB. I don't know that I want to run media centre as my tv tuner for now.

Edited by mongo

I bought my LA40F71BX for $3750 with 7 years warranty. I'm pretty happy with the price.

Free delivery aswell.

Now I have to find a HDSTB. I don't know that I want to run media centre as my tv tuner for now.

Mongo, did you buy the 40" or 46"?. Christ, if you meant the 46" that is a hell of a deal. If it's the 46, where did you buy it from?

i think he meant the 40... it sounds too good to be true for a 46. i had to fight for a week for my 4000 on the 46 inch

Everyone seems to be out of stock of the 40 and 46 until some time in March.

Mine is coming in on Friday.

Oops I actually got it for $3550 from HN. All up with Legend LHD3 HDSTB it will cost me about 3750.

My mistake.

Edited by mongo

If i hear of the new models comming out i think i will just change to that. I am so temped to just change to a Bravia right now. I have also now paid in full, but only finalised my payment last week when they told me it should be in this Thursday. Its a bit worrying that the same store tells you end of Feb, but tells me that mine will be here tomorrow! what is going on with that, sounds like they dont have a clue.

If i hear of the new models comming out i think i will just change to that. I am so temped to just change to a Bravia right now. I have also now paid in full, but only finalised my payment last week when they told me it should be in this Thursday. Its a bit worrying that the same store tells you end of Feb, but tells me that mine will be here tomorrow! what is going on with that, sounds like they dont have a clue.

Unless the store has their own stock at some other centralized warehouse which they are getting it from, you will not get delivery as there is no stock on the 46" until the end of Feb, possibly early March. There is stock available on the 40" but not the 46".

Unless the store has their own stock at some other centralized warehouse which they are getting it from, you will not get delivery as there is no stock on the 46" until the end of Feb, possibly early March. There is stock available on the 40" but not the 46".

From my understanding, alot of the shops in Adelaide having problems getting 40's or 46's in. Mine is coming from Mel. Other places that I went to get prices from said that I would have to wait until March until they had stock of the 40. A few places still had the demo 46 on the floor, but no one had the 40 on show.

Well in brizzy .. all shops had the 40 in stock .. but none of them had the 46. Sort of pisses me off that samsung wouldnt care about this.

Does anyone want to share the cost of buying the serial cable for a potential firmware upgrade. As i reckon waitign for the samsung techie to show up is just going to take ages.

Well in brizzy .. all shops had the 40 in stock .. but none of them had the 46. Sort of pisses me off that samsung wouldnt care about this.

Does anyone want to share the cost of buying the serial cable for a potential firmware upgrade. As i reckon waitign for the samsung techie to show up is just going to take ages.

I would be willing to go in on the cost of the cable. I have sent an email to Samsung in regard to official confirmation on the firmware being alright to use on Aussie sets. I will only do it if it does not stuff my warranty up.

Thanks

Oracled

I would be willing to go in on the cost of the cable. I have sent an email to Samsung in regard to official confirmation on the firmware being alright to use on Aussie sets. I will only do it if it does not stuff my warranty up.

Thanks

Oracled

Yeah alrite .. keep us posted, there is a website in the USA that is selling this cable, sourced from AV forums

http://www.dcables.net/index.asp?PageActio...&ProdID=149

I cannot find any australian retailer with this yet ?? Maybe Samsung themselves sell the cable ?

Hi All,

well i got one today.. :blink: soooo happy

am using the VGA input at the moment and it look superb!

but i would really like to use the hdmi input and can live with the overscan until the firmware is available..

but i cant get it to display in anything other than 1080i.. i am using powerstrip to turn off interlacing but then it doesn't display

i have a nvidia 5200 which is barely coping at that res.. but it will do for the time being

can someone advise the steps i should take to get the best piccie out from hdmi?

cheers

Free delivery aswell.

Try the DGTEC DG-HD160PV. Dual HD tuners and 160 gb HDD currently for $699 at Dick Smith. RRP $799. Best value for a PVR of it's specs that I've seen so far. Sony also have one (SVRHD700) with twin HD tuners and HDD size for RRP $1099.

Hi All,

well i got one today.. :blink: soooo happy

am using the VGA input at the moment and it look superb!

but i would really like to use the hdmi input and can live with the overscan until the firmware is available..

but i cant get it to display in anything other than 1080i.. i am using powerstrip to turn off interlacing but then it doesn't display

i have a nvidia 5200 which is barely coping at that res.. but it will do for the time being

can someone advise the steps i should take to get the best piccie out from hdmi?

cheers

Which model did u recieve the 46 inch or the 40 one ??

Hi all,

Great news. I have just had the Samsung contracted service technician to my house. He has installed the firmware update for the TV, and voila!! I have the new JUST SCAN mode in my picture size menu for HDMI connections.

So to confirm, this update has fixed the overscan issue.

Instantly can see the different on ch.9. I am going to go buy a DVI > HDMI cable from JB today so I can hook up my Mac Laptop that way, rather than via the VGA. I'll also go buy a better VGA xbox connector for my 360.. so I can have 1:1 1080p on all inputs.

I purchased a $45 VGA cable for the 360 last week, but the picture quality was terrible... ghosting and reflections.. looked way better in component. I did notice the colours were a little washed out on VGA compared to component though.

16:9 mode

16by9.jpg

JUST SCAN mode

justscan.jpg

Hi all,

Great news. I have just had the Samsung contracted service technician to my house. He has installed the firmware update for the TV, and voila!! I have the new JUST SCAN mode in my picture size menu for HDMI connections.

Instantly can see the different on ch.9. I am going to go buy a DVI > HDMI cable from JB today so I can hook up my Mac Laptop that way, rather than via the VGA. I'll also go buy a better VGA xbox connector for my 360.. so I can have 1:1 1080p on all inputs.

I purchased a $45 VGA cable for the 360 last week, but the picture quality was terrible... ghosting and reflections.. looked way better in component. I did notice the colours were a little washed out on VGA compared to component though.

16by9.jpg

JUST SCAN mode

justscan.jpg

That is gr8 news!!! .. Did u manage to get a copy of the australian verion ???

Hi all,

16by9.jpg

JUST SCAN mode

justscan.jpg

Can you please confirm that you loose 1:1 mapping via COMPONENT with the new firmware installed? THX

Why is that? Is that because you want to use that input and free up the VGA for something else? Is there any visual difference between VGA and HDMI from PC?