Daylight Saving In Wa - Pvr Clock

hey all

just realised this being the first day of daylight saving, my LG PVR 5402 is still displaying the normal time. ie 1 hour behind.

any ideas if there's anything being done about this?

I just turned my PVR on this morning, tuned it to ABC2 and soon the time automatically updated. I don't think I have it set for any special daylight saving time mode.

It was how I confirmed that daylight saving had come into force.

As I understand it, the TV stations send out time signals, so the PVR should update when switched on and the next update is broadcast.

Have you udated your FW at an LG sevice centre? The LG depends on the broadcaster of each channel sending the new DLS time. There's a tip at the bottom of the LG FAQ (pinned) that might help the unit update the time.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I just turned my PVR on this morning, tuned it to ABC2 and soon the time automatically updated. I don't think I have it set for any special daylight saving time mode.

It was how I confirmed that daylight saving had come into force.

As I understand it, the TV stations send out time signals, so the PVR should update when switched on and the next update is broadcast.

:blink: that would do it - cheers. have been out of the forum scene for a while, ive become a n00bie

Bastards: Ch 7 and 9 are *NOT* broadcasting the DLS time at this point (10:30am)

All the other channels are. The Mediastar picks up the time within 1-20 seconds, and *will* get the wrong time if you are on 7 or 9.... Guess I'll be on manual time for a while...

I wonder if anyone will answer the phone on Sunday?

Edit: OK CH 9 slept in.. it is ok at midday... Ch 7 still out

Hmm, they were ok (was testing if the new PVR was responding ok to DLS), but I usually use an XMLTV source, so dont know when it went bad again... I guess someone stuffed their updates...

Cant believe 9 would do that either, as they have the only really usable broadcast EPG service anyway...