Kmart - Polaroid Lcd Tv 81cm & 94cm Dual Tuner

We just brought the 19" LCD FLA-1911B and the picture is fantastic using component.

Instructions show that is it using a Faroudja DCDI edge processor.

$470 from Big W. Best buy for the bedroom.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brought one of the 37' lcd tv. after looking around the normal places for lcd tv, i accidently went to kmart and come accross the polaroid 37' lcd tv. I got it for $1799.00, out of the box, it looks great, it was only one of a few that is small enought in width to fit into the entertianment unit i have, i like the amount of inputs it has (6 of them), which was one of the main reason, besides price that made me purchase the lcd tv, plays divx movies clearly from my chipped xbox through the composite input, but now going to get component pack for the old xbox, it does not have a digital tuner, because of living in a fringe area where digital is too great, after going through many digital set top boxes until i got a SD mediastar box about 12 months ago, which looks great even on S video input.

It has

1 composite input

2 component inputs

1 S video input

1 HDMI input

1 PC input

1 composite ouput

and not like some tvs they all have separate audio inputs (no shared)

only draw back so far is the AV switching is not as fast as my old LG crt tv, but at the price i cannot complain,

also looking at to see if the PC input can be converted into another composite input.

also have a couple of FTA satellite boxes that have Scart plugs which i need to find out if they can be outputed to component through there scart connector

• 1 month later...

I've had one of these 37" numbers for about 3 months.i got it direct via a buying group at my wifes work.

Came as a bit of a shock to see it in K-mart shortly after.Guess it's a positive,will make it easier to get support now.Hopefully it'll start getting discussed more around the board.

I'm not an expert on LCD's but from comparing to my mates i think this TV is an absolute bargain.

Very happy with PQ.Good inputs etc.

Having said that I havn't tried it with HDMI input as yet(waiting for prices of HD STB to come down a bit)

Only gripe is a very small one,same as poster above.The switching between sources is a little slow.

Other than that big thumbs up from me.

On the 80cm panel they were static, but on the 94cm screen they were slowly rolling

upwards. The banding on the 80cm panel was clearly obvious on a white background when the loop was playing and less so on a dark image.

The same occured on the 94cm panel, but to a lesser degree. None of the other display panels had this issue. I think it would be much more obvious in a dark room.

Mine doesn't have this 'rolling banding' and i watch in the dar alot.May have been that one particular set. Edited by _Evo_

• 3 months later...

I went to Kmart Thomastown (Vic) on the way home from work today to check out the Polaroid 37" LCD but they didn't have any in the store. The TV's that were there on display had FTA running through R/F - what do they expect the picture to look like :blink:

So then I went to Greensborough and they had both the 32" and 37" - the picture was poor on both. Again FTA but on composite this time. The picture needed adjustment on the 37" particularly - it was very dark but I couldn't find anyone to assist with changing the settings.

Maybe someone who has bought one can give us an idea of it's potential

Hi everyone,

I found some reviews for 32 inch Polaroids, however I don't know if any of them are the same model as the Kmart one.

It is worth noting however that a few customers are complaining of their sets dieing on them and bad customer service in general, but who knows really.

I guess the piont is that maybe they are not the most reliable set and service is possibly poor, however you might be ok buying through Kmart I think they would look after you?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Customer-re...lReview.do#tabs

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Customer-re...lReview.do#tabs

If I get one of these LCD's is it common for it to have a dead pixel? If it does have one what do I do, do I take it back or do I deal with it as this is normal and most LCD's have dead pixels? Im new when it comes to the pixel scene so if anyone can help me out what to do if I get one with a dead pixel I would be very grateful!

Hope to hear from someone soon

Thanks

well i just got the 94cm 37“ lcd from kmart. turned it on and yep got 1 white dead pixel!! its hard to see but its there, do i take it back and get another one hoping it doesnt have any dead pixels (whats the chances of another one having dead pixels???) or is this common and i should just keep this one with the dead pixel??

hope to hear from someone soon :blink:

Did you try a very gentle massage on the pixel? Sometimes they come good.

I checked this out at Kmart today and didn't like the glossy black around the screen. I thought it should be matte to avoid reflections.

Of course it was hooked up with composite and looked a bit fuzzy.

Not too bad but I might wait for a 40" or so for around this price.