Bravia X Series Patchy Backlight Bleed

This issue is only noticable when the screen is solid black right? You cannot notice it during normal watching?

actually while watching dark movies i can notice it, i am looking for it yes but it shouldn't be there.

you can really see it on the PC channel through the VGA port (had my old 360 playing through the VGA port).

i can also see it between loading screens in games (when the screen is dark)

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This issue is only noticable when the screen is solid black right? You cannot notice it during normal watching?

yes i think that's what they are referring to.

I think when viewing in a dark room and the screen is solid black, you may be able to see some slightly lighter patches around the corners

of the screen.

Personally, for me, this doesnt bother me but i figure others have a higher expectation from their LCD TV or their clouding problem is decidely worse than mine.

Sony are no better, i have now been referred to the dept of fair trading. where i will be pushing this issue further

i took these photos with my digi cam.

i still cant believe the Sony rep said this was "acceptable" and "within specification"

Edited by J4YGR4Y

Sony are no better, i have now been referred to the dept of fair trading. where i will be pushing this issue further

i took these photos with my digi cam.

i still cant believe the Sony rep said this was "acceptable" and "within specification"

to me this looks pretty bad, which is why i am going to take this matter further, has anyone had their TV replaced with lighter or less clouding issues?