Sign in to follow this  
consoleMan

Panasonic Px600a Calibration Settings

Most new Pana PX600 owners would be aware that the picture adjustment options on these sets do not contain any numerical representation of the settings, just a slider bar minus numbers or percentages.

This makes tweaking to any degree of accuracy a bit hit and miss, not to mention trying to go back to settings that you found worked well if they have been changed by somebody else.

Many of us new PX600 owners have wanted to try out PersianImmortals settings, so I've had a go at translating them across to the PX600.

All I've done is take the numbers PersianImmortal arrived at (which were out of 100) and derive an approximation of what they would be on the PX600 slider bar based on the number of increments the PX600 slider bar has.

The PX600 has:

63 increments for Contrast, Brightness, and Colour, and

6 increments for Sharpness.

DVI->HDMI (HD STB)

Mode: Standard

Contrast: 78 (63 * .78 = 49.14 = 49 increments on the PX600)

Brightness: 29 (63 * .29 = 18.27 = 18 increments on the PX600)

Color: 37 (63 * .37 = 23.31 = 23 increments on the PX600)

Sharpness: 20 (6 * .20 = 1.2 = 1 increment on the PX600)

Color Temp: Standard

Color Management: Off

MPEG NR: Off

Color Matrix: HD

Ch Color Set: Middle

Component (DVD)

Mode: Standard

Contrast: 78 (63 * .78 = 49.14 = 49 increments on the PX600)

Brightness: 29 (63 * .29 = 18.27 = 18 increments on the PX600)

Color: 63 (63 * .63 = 39.69 = 40 increments on the PX600)

Sharpness: 20 (6 * .20 = 1.2 = 1 increment on the PX600)

Color Temp: Standard

Color Management: Off

D.PNR: Off

MPEG NR: Off

Color Matrix: HD

Ch Color Set: Middle

Hope this helps.

Nice work. It is a shame that the number display is gone, but I'm not too worried about it.

Also there is a 'Tint' adjustment for NTSC input signals such as Xbox / Xbox 360.

My set is adjusted to run-in settings at the moment, so havent really experimented much yet.

But I'll definitely try these after 100 hours or so.

Are these the settings you are currently using?

Hey thanks consoleman great idea, far better than taping a scale to the panel.

Perfect timing.....I am intending to audition this tv this coming Friday night! Cheers! :blink:

Nice work. It is a shame that the number display is gone, but I'm not too worried about it.

Also there is a 'Tint' adjustment for NTSC input signals such as Xbox / Xbox 360.

My set is adjusted to run-in settings at the moment, so havent really experimented much yet.

But I'll definitely try these after 100 hours or so.

Are these the settings you are currently using?

I'm still using run-in settings as well, everything set below 50% at the moment, but it still looks great :blink:

Thanks for mentioning the 'Tint' adjustment - will check it out when the xbox is connected.

so I've had a go at translating them across to the PX600.

Talking about for the love of something .... :blink::D

Hey nice work :blink: I'll try this after the 100 hours is up :D Good on you :P

Hey nice work :blink: I'll try this after the 100 hours is up :D Good on you :P

Hey I managed to get into the first service menu of my TH50PX600A, but can't get into the second service menu that tells you the number of hours.

Any clues?

Hey I managed to get into the first service menu of my TH50PX600A, but can't get into the second service menu that tells you the number of hours.

Any clues?

I've had a go at finding the number of hours and have also only managed to get as far as service menu 1 - according to this page on the UK AV forum you press HOLD on the EQ 12kHz option in menu 1 to access service menu 2 with the hours, but I've had no luck so far.

The front page on service menu 1 says it's v31.020, and I'm starting to think the people who have had success accessing the second menu may have a different firmware version...

press the hold button on the very last option in menu 1

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364221

Quote:

a. Press analogue on remote and go to channel 99

b. Turn up bass to maximum

c. Turn down treble to minimum

d. Press V/- on TV while holding index button on remote

Now you can see service menu 1

e. Keep pressing green button and watch throuh the options. you will reach one point where you cannot go further (ie. the same display though you press green button)

f. Press hold button on remote (next to index button)

Now you se can see service menu 2

g. Again browse through various options by pressing green button. After 7/8 screens you can see the screen showing number of hours used.

after noting the number of hours used, press exit button to return to original screen

e. Keep pressing green button and watch throuh the options. you will reach one point where you cannot go further (ie. the same display though you press green button)

This part isn't strictly true though, as the options just cycle back to the beginning so you just need to keep an eye on it and see which is the last option (I think it's EQ 12Khz). Cycle to that then press Hold. Works OK for me. I'll see what firmware version I have when I get a chance, but I doubt it'd be different (my TV was made in Aug 06)

Thanks Console_man, like most others I'll be trying these settings once the 100 hours is up.

Cheers also for link to accessing service menu.

Love this forum!

This part isn't strictly true though, as the options just cycle back to the beginning so you just need to keep an eye on it and see which is the last option

thats why my first comment was that :blink:

and we have the same August production

The front page on service menu 1 says it's v31.020, and I'm starting to think the people who have had success accessing the second menu may have a different firmware version...

My set is v31.020 also (manufactured Aug 06) and I can access service menu 2 no problems using the steps posted above.

So far I have 42 hours up.

I followed the post by SnakeEyes and accessed no problems.

Now for calibration! Looks like time to bring out DVE

I followed the post by SnakeEyes and accessed no problems.

Now for calibration! Looks like time to bring out DVE

Success :blink:

I worked out what was preventing getting access to service menu 2 - for some reason the analogue channel would change from ch99 to a tuned in channel once service menu 1 appeared - after changing the channel back to 99 while in service menu 1 pressing HOLD on the EQ 12kHz option worked fine.

I'm still using run-in settings as well, everything set below 50% at the moment, but it still looks great :blink:

Thanks for mentioning the 'Tint' adjustment - will check it out when the xbox is connected.

How important is running in the Plasma for first 100 hours?

I have my settings similar to PI's (had also calculated the increments like consoleMan, good solution :D ) although have adjusted the Contrast to about 65%. Up to 86 hrs so is there any point in turning down settings now?

How important is running in the Plasma for first 100 hours?

I have my settings similar to PI's (had also calculated the increments like consoleMan, good solution :blink: ) although have adjusted the Contrast to about 65%. Up to 86 hrs so is there any point in turning down settings now?

I'd suggest using low settings for the initial 100-200 hours then perhaps bump up the settings - at the moment I have everything set below 50% on NORMAL and I find the picture is still very good.

I'd suggest using low settings for the initial 100-200 hours then perhaps bump up the settings - at the moment I have everything set below 50% on NORMAL and I find the picture is still very good.

Thanks for that, have lowered the settings a little. Picture is still sensational :blink:.

Just wondering what damage can higher settings do to the panel during the "run in"? Is it that crucial? I know people who have used the dynamic settings from hour 1, too bright for me!!

I know people who have used the dynamic settings from hour 1, too bright for me!!

If someone here can put a few good words into Panasonic's ears, please tell them to discontinue "Dynamic" as the factory-default settings. Too often, as malh786 can attest to, on display at stores it gives potential buyers a wrong impression of the pq.

i have all mine set to 50% or just below. been doing all sorts of image tests except leaving static images for long periods. nearly upto 200hrs and all is fine. so just dont leave static images and u will have nothing to worry about. only those who mis-treat their panels will find out the hard way

i have all mine set to 50% or just below. been doing all sorts of image tests except leaving static images for long periods. nearly upto 200hrs and all is fine. so just dont leave static images and u will have nothing to worry about. only those who mis-treat their panels will find out the hard way

Thanks mate, piece of mind. I channel surf too much to allow static images for long periods!! Have also been adjusting programs to 4:3 to avoid the static black bars.

Could somebody please publish the original factory values in service menu 1 for 50" PX600a?

I have accessed the service menu 1 on my set. I have not changed anything as far as I can tell, but the picture has changed since - interestingly the red push is gone, and the colours are more natural than before, and the image seems sharper. Very strange. Now, I just want to verify if any of the values there have indeed been altered in any way. Thanks.

Success :blink:

I worked out what was preventing getting access to service menu 2 - for some reason the analogue channel would change from ch99 to a tuned in channel once service menu 1 appeared - after changing the channel back to 99 while in service menu 1 pressing HOLD on the EQ 12kHz option worked fine.

ConsoleMan, I have the TH50PX600a and I am able to access menu 1 and have the same problem as you in that it changes to channel 31 inside the service menu. However, I can't seem to change it to channel 99 inside this menu. Hitting 99 won't work or channel up / down. How did you do yours ?.